owners suite - upsell

MrsT.RN8383

I received an email last night about a potential upsell to an owners suite. No price until I speak with someone, who won't be there until Monday. Obviously, the videos and pictures he sent me are insane. The cruise is for my honeymoon, so should this be something I could afford I may actually do it.

Just curious if anyone knows anything about owners suites, why I may have been given this offer and how much money I may be looking to spend here?

Thanks!

Awww .... I took my first cruise/honeymoon on Sensation! How awesome for you. I might suggest running the reservation as if you were booking that room to see where the potential room might be along with a current cost. Your offer will likely be less, but it’ll give you a feel for the value they are offering. I loved the location of my JS on Sensation ... but it sounds like you have a great opportunity ... perhaps random selection, due to your occasion for travel or even because they have more requests for JS and are paying it forward.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry. We are currently in a Junior Suite on the Sensation. When I booked, we were taking one of two left. If that helps. This is only my second cruise, so I am still pretty new to all this!

There are only two owner suites, they are quite spectacular.

There's a CC member who took a cruise in the Captain's suite (AKA Owner's Suite) and posted a ton of pics...

Here's a link to his review here on CC https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1961624

Here's a link directly to his photo review of the same cruise. http://www.jimzim.net/CarnivalSunshine.html

It's on the Carnival Sunshine, but it should give you a good idea what to expect from a Captain's Suite...

A few years ago, DH and I were booked in a Jr. Suite on the Inspiration and we received a call to upgrade to one of the two owner's suites (800 square feet with separate bedroom, bar, living room, 100 square foot deck) for $1,200 total. We grabbed it and loved it!! It was over Christmas and my DB and DSIL were sailing on the same cruise, so they enjoyed visiting us in our grand style.

I can't find the suite they are offering me. At least not when I am searching online? I can always wait to hear what they tell me Monday. But of course curiousity got me!

And thank you.

Awww .... I took my first cruise/honeymoon on Sensation! How awesome for you. I might suggest running the reservation as if you were booking that room to see where the potential room might be along with a current cost. Your offer will likely be less, but it’ll give you a feel for the value they are offering. I loved the location of my JS on Sensation ... but it sounds like you have a great opportunity ... perhaps random selection, due to your occasion for travel or even because they have more requests for JS and are paying it forward.

Thank you!

There's a CC member who took a cruise in the Captain's suite (AKA Owner's Suite) and posted a ton of pics...

Here's a link to his review here on CC https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1961624

Here's a link directly to his photo review of the same cruise. http://www.jimzim.net/CarnivalSunshine.html

It's on the Carnival Sunshine, but it should give you a good idea what to expect from a Captain's Suite...

I am glad to hear you enjoyed it! I am looking forward to getting more information on Monday and I will let you all know what I find out!

A few years ago, DH and I were booked in a Jr. Suite on the Inspiration and we received a call to upgrade to one of the two owner's suites (800 square feet with separate bedroom, bar, living room, 100 square foot deck) for $1,200 total. We grabbed it and loved it!! It was over Christmas and my DB and DSIL were sailing on the same cruise, so they enjoyed visiting us in our grand style.

the same thing happened to me , last October on the Glory, I had all weekend to dwell on it and convince myself how much I wanted and needed this room, until I got the price tag with it , which was an additional 2,coo over and above what I paid for a wrap ,,,your on your honey moon no matter what room you have you will have an awesome time think about how far that money will go just starting out your life together and do not get caught up in the moment ...its only a room .. and only for a week .

good luck and congratulations

Someone on another site posted that she was offered but did not take it the owners suite on her 4 day (sensation or inspiration) for $12xx.xx (forget the actual amount, but it was twelve hundred and something)

A friend was offered and took an offer for the owners suite on our 10 day Journeys cruise on the ecstasy for $34xx.xx

My husband got the offer for a captain suite once and it was about $2500.... turned it down.

Last year we got an up sell somewhere in the range or 500-700 for a grand suite and the extra space was great.

I believe both offers were when we had obstructed view jr suites planned.

We booked the owners suite on the Ecstacy for my 50th. Yes I paid to much, but how often will I celebrate this? I planned on extra $ to make it extra special. I haven't sailed yet, so I can't tell you if I would do it again. But I am so excited to turn 50 now! LOL

I have heard offers for crazy amounts and I have heard really cheap amounts. Think of the craziest highest you can/will go and if it is under that grab it, if its not, then pass. Also think if your cruise is port intensive how much time you will spend there. Like someone said above, you will have a great time no matter what. Happy Honeymooning!

I read one of the posts from someone who stayed in one of these and so I went and found them on our cruise. Well, I found the outside anyway. I wanted to break in but those days are behind me.

The entrances are up by the top of the Atrium and the windows overlook the pool deck. They are massive, like a thousand square feet or so. As others have mentioned, you can't book them on the Carnival website and it's interesting because it's basically impossible to know what the rack rate would be, since it isn't published anywhere and there are no longer printed brochures.

I can't imagine spending more than a couple hundred $$ for any kind of upgrade, but greatly enjoy living vicariously through others with looser wallets.

So, did you do it?

The future hubs and I decided the 1500 additional dollars was not worth more space. Even though the video and pictures they sent me were amazing...we pretty much need a bed and that's it, right? ;)

So we are going to save that money and spend it on alcohol and experiences instead!

I read one of the posts from someone who stayed in one of these and so I went and found them on our cruise. Well, I found the outside anyway. I wanted to break in but those days are behind me.

The entrances are up by the top of the Atrium and the windows overlook the pool deck. They are massive, like a thousand square feet or so. As others have mentioned, you can't book them on the Carnival website and it's interesting because it's basically impossible to know what the rack rate would be, since it isn't published anywhere and there are no longer printed brochures.

I can't imagine spending more than a couple hundred $$ for any kind of upgrade, but greatly enjoy living vicariously through others with looser wallets.

So, did you do it?

The future hubs and I decided the 1500 additional dollars was not worth more space. Even though the video and pictures they sent me were amazing...we pretty much need a bed and that's it, right? ;)

So we are going to save that money and spend it on alcohol and experiences instead!

Yeah, 1500 for a 3 or 4 night is quite a chunk of change. If you really wanted to spend your honeymoon in a full size home you could just stay, well, home! You're spot on that it will be very easy to direct those funds elsewhere on the voyage. Please share a review afterwards and have a wonderful time!

Smart. I wouldn’t have taken it either, not for $1,500. You can book another cruise for that amount. Besides, unless you are going to spend every minute in the room, a room that big is not necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Smart. I wouldn’t have taken it either, not for $1,500. You can book another cruise for that amount. Besides, unless you are going to spend every minute in the room, a room that big is not necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nudge Nudge wink wink😁

Nudge Nudge wink wink😁

Say no more?

What's it like, then?

:p

Anyway, I suspect I might have been tempted by that offer, simply because I doubt I would ever get it again, even though it would have paid for another cruise of similar/longer length.

• 2 weeks later...

we just got and email offer for the same thing on our apr 14th cruise

I called and the agent gets off at 630 pm left a message maybe she'll call back early in the am

my email offers the room at a reduced rate, wondering what that is? we are booked on a 5 day on sensation and we are already in an executive suite,, one of the big ones on upper I'm guess ing the owners suites are opposite each other up top on Verandah?

forward of the regular jr suites up there?

the pics and video link in the mail look like a small squarish balcony that is above one of the lifeboats or zodiac kind of boats up there

the deal for us on this cruise is we just redeemed a pile of points so we paid 2K on our credit card bill ( carnival cc ) towards our room anyway so we only got about 6 hundred in the cruise right now! :D if they say we can get the room for 500 or 700 then we might pop on it but It does kind of kill the free cruise vibe

this is the second time we've redeemed over a 100k points on a cruise and the last time with price drops we got PAID 90 BUCKS! to take a 7 day cruise on VALOR!!!!:hearteyes:

so kind of a tough decision, we upgraded one other time on the fascination I think where we had a outside but had requested an offer if one was available late and we upgraded for 400 to a verandah suite at the last minute thru a similar offer

I'm guess ing the owners suites are opposite each other up top on Verandah? forward of the regular jr suites up there?

The Owner's Suites are on deck 12 (Sports) If you look on the deck plans there is an unidentified gray area off the atrium - there are two suites there. We had one on a 7-day cruise out of Charleston.