Fascination ???

jkneern

If you haven't done it yet, look at our Cruise Director's facebook page"Marcelo Marshmallow" and drill down to the Carnival Fascination 2.0 video. Marcelo posted video of the new venues from the status of last week. It gives a great view of what we can expect. Take a look if you have not already. Thanks for the update Marcelo.:cool:

We just got off and it was horrible. Guest Services had lines all day every day.

Ice Machines on Lido not working, Ice Cream Machine barely working, filthy windows, lights flickering, public toilets not working. We had brown water coming out of our sink and black soot around it. Also they were sanding the pool deck most of the week. Looks old and dated.

Guys Burgers was good as was the Blue Iguana. They added the Red Frog Pub but do not have the Thirsty Frog beer. Bartender didn't know when they would get it but made me laugh that they had the tubes for beer but nothing on draft to fill them.

Alchemy always a nice addition.

I drink craft beers and they didn't have stock on most that our on the menu. Said something to one of the bartenders and he told me maybe on the next cruise. Well I am on this one not the next! And as far as beer goes, why not carry Banks(Barbados), Piton(St Lucia) and Carib since this boat is going to continue this route.

No refrigerator in room and you have to ask for hair dryer and robe.

We got cookies instead of chocolate covered strawberries.

We just got off and it was horrible. Guest Services had lines all day every day.

Ice Machines on Lido not working, Ice Cream Machine barely working, filthy windows, lights flickering, public toilets not working. We had brown water coming out of our sink and black soot around it. Also they were sanding the pool deck most of the week. Looks old and dated.

Guys Burgers was good as was the Blue Iguana. They added the Red Frog Pub but do not have the Thirsty Frog beer. Bartender didn't know when they would get it but made me laugh that they had the tubes for beer but nothing on draft to fill them.

I drink craft beers and they didn't have stock on most that our on the menu. Said something to one of the bartenders and he told me maybe on the next cruise. Well I am on this one not the next! And as far as beer goes, why not carry Banks(Barbados), Piton(St Lucia) and Carib since this boat is going to continue this route.

Wow! So sorry! Wish it had been better for you. That's a bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not what we wanted to hear. Sounds like not much of a rehab? and not ready to welcome cruisers back aboard.

Hopefully these issues are fixed soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is very disheartening to hear as i will be boarding her this Sunday March 4. I am truly sorry you had such a bad experience. Most of us wait anxiously for our next cruise and it's awful to have such a terrible experience. I hope they can get their act together very soon. Will post comments when we return. This is my first southern Caribbean itinerary and was very much looking forward to these islands.

We would love to go back and sail this itinerary again, but would rather do it on a Conquest or Dream class ship. We were however interested to hear how the fascination made out in dry dock and whether we should reconsider and maybe sail on it. Not the news we were hoping to hear.

Keep in mind, the first couple of cruises post drydock usually have lingering issues. This one was shortened due to the FEMA contract and they actually started work on the way to the drydock location in an attempt to makeup time. However the amount of things needed to be done was not shortened.

Carnival probably should of cancelled the 2-18 cruise.

So sorry to hear this. We are going on 6/24/18. How were the islands? Was there a lot of damage and did this keep you from doing certain things?

It's important to not draw a conclusion from a very small sample. If 100 people come on here with the same review, that means a lot, but one person's opinion means little.

I am sure the cruise right after drydock would be less than the best example to compare:

• Workers may still be on board finishing up what they did not get done in drydock
  • Pipes which were jostled about during the drydock may have rust shaken loose, resulting in brown water, which will pass (this is actually pretty common on all the older ships after a storm when the rocking ship knocks rust loose.) FYI - rust won't kill you.
  • Crew is going to be green, getting used to their new accommodation

I also am eager to hear about the condition of the islands, particularly Dominica.