Carnival, please change the Platinum/Diamond treat from the strawberries!

crusinpsychRN

I love chocolate covered strawberries, but I confess, Carnival does NOT know how to do these right! The ones delivered look sickly!

Now if they sent the ones from the coffee shop it would be worth it. Not too mention they have cut back on the number they send you and they definitely do not know how to dip them properly.

Cheese plate with crackers sounds like a good suggestion!

We don't like the Strawberry Plate either. We give it away. Last cruise, the people we gave it to didn't even eat it. Said the berries were terrible. Cruise before last it was brought to the cabin after dinner. Terrible timing.

On my last after-cruise survey, I said that I wish they would remove the restrictions on the Free Drink. It's very inconvenient if you don't want to eat in the MDR for breakfast/brunch. It's frustrating to stand in the long line waiting to get to the point you can order it and then have to wait in an awkward place while they go where ever they have to go to have it made.

The strawberries sound good but every time I get them they are soft and mushy and the chocolate looks like it was hard and they used a knife to put on the chocolate,,,, I have a cruise in Dec,, I hope John sends something besides the berries...

I am not a platinum guest, and I have only sailed from Long Beach but have received the strawberries on each of my six sailings. I am grateful for the thought behind the gift, and have expressed my appreciation to management for the consideration.

The berries I received and the ones in the pictures in this thread are not prime fruit. The foliage is dry and the fruit is wilting. I think a ship would need two or three pallets of strawberries. The receiver at the port should not accept that quality of berries. There are other purveyors that can supply grade A fruit and welcome Carnival's business. There are so many beautiful berries grown starting ten minutes from the port of Long Beach, both in ground and hot house with long stems, firm, and full of flavor. There is no excuse for not having best in class berries aboard. If the fruit is not up to par, a wine and cheese platter, or unrestricted drink coupons could be substituted.

Not complaining because contrary to many on these boards I think Carnival has the best loyalty program for the least amount of sea days. I get free laundry after 75 days - on Princess it is double that. Plus I get a free adult beverage. Princess doesn’t give the beverage and the laundry is their diamond level.

Now that said, I would love it if Carnival would give a choice as they are many who cannot or do not eat chocolate. Something like fruit and cheese or sushi or some other canapé plate could be very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe not but it’s the thought that counts.

You complain about that ugly tie the grandkids get you?

Moldy strawberries tell me they are giving a gift without paying any attention to it.

Grandkids not old enough to give me ties but they will be wearable. Moldy berries are fit to be tossed away

We are fine with the strawberries. They are not gourmet fruit. I do not care and we get a kick out of having a snack show up in our cabin. We like getting the drink, the berries, whatever else the platinum gift is- LOVE getting a couple of bags of laundry done each, and boarding early to a ready cabin. I understand some do not like berries at all, but I don’t get why people complain about extras not being good enough.

Not complaining because contrary to many on these boards I think Carnival has the best loyalty program for the least amount of sea days. I get free laundry after 75 days - on Princess it is double that. Plus I get a free adult beverage. Princess doesn’t give the beverage and the laundry is their diamond level.

Now that said, I would love it if Carnival would give a choice as they are many who cannot or do not eat chocolate. Something like fruit and cheese or sushi or some other canapé plate could be very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree regarding one of best Loyalty programs. For us Platinum provides 4 key benefits...

1) Priority boarding

2) Recognition from staff on board and in my opinion a bit higher service level...They recognize you are Platinum or Diamond

3) Separate guest service area (although I rarely use)

4) 3 free bags of laundry

The free goodies (really don't care) and drink coupon aren't used (we always purchase cheers)