How Could I Have Missed This?

vtcruising

Okay, Edge detectives, I just saw this area is to be determined - I had thought there were Edge Villas here, but actually there are only 2 on the port side. I just noticed this interesting port side area next to the Retreat sundeck, with windows below and above.

It could be just open ceilings with windows from the spa/staircase up, but I'm not sure they would waste that much space. Maybe it is kitchen space for the Retreat, though there are other blank central areas that so doubt they would give a kitchen area a space with views. Any ideas? Maybe I had too much sun today and have just forgotten what this area will be? :D

enhance

enhance

I have no idea. We are not suite or spa people, so I have ignored much of this. At first I thought perhaps it was basketball court.. but the 3D image suggests something else... not sure what. Perhaps a place for events...like a wedding or convention... away from the official meeting area... I don't see another spot that could be used for a reception of private dinner... Could also be Elite and up cocktail hour location? Unless they use the Club.. which was my previous guess. I still wonder why the details on public areas has been removed from website's deck plans.

I don't think X would encourage non suite guests to use a space which seems to be in an a. suite area??? Lots more to be revealed....these 3 d diagrams are not that easy to figure out...

That space most likely is the two story atrium of the Spa

with a staircase which can be seen in the link below.

Edge deck plans also show the mens and ladies restrooms

on deck 16 which are also part of that space.

https://www.google.com/search?q=celebrity+edge&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=nvi&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjO0dOF-aPcAhWBnOAKHRPSCXUQ_AUIEygD&biw=1024&bih=666&dpr=2#imgrc=wahaTsv9Kop7kM:

https://www.google.com/search?q=celebrity+edge&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=nvi&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjO0dOF-aPcAhWBnOAKHRPSCXUQ_AUIEygD&biw=1024&bih=666&dpr=2#imgrc=wahaTsv9Kop7kM:

Makes sense...very beautiful...Thanks for posting the link

That’s what I thought at first (see my comment above) but it is two floors above the spa so thought about all that space being sucked up. It would be quite beautiful.:D

Edited by vtcruising

My guess is the skylights are partly in the two story entrance to the Spa and circular staircase area and partly where the treadmills will be in the gym on the upper deck. The space with the vertical windows on the same level as the Suites pool area appears to be a combo prep and storage area and not intended for guest use as there is no grey area (soon to be revealed) over this rectangular area. Looks like a small stair on the edge of that rectangular area down to what lines up with an interior, crew only area on the gym deck below. The upper windows may be there simply to provide continuity to the outside look of the ship.

My guess is the skylights are partly in the two story entrance to the Spa and circular staircase area and partly where the treadmills will be in the gym on the upper deck. The space with the vertical windows on the same level as the Suites pool area appears to be a combo prep and storage area and not intended for guest use as there is no grey area (soon to be revealed) over this rectangular area. Looks like a small stair on the edge of that rectangular area down to what lines up with an interior, crew only area on the gym deck below. The upper windows may be there simply to provide continuity to the outside look of the ship.

That all makes sense. :)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180721/1008d7650a64bdf110b6838afcebf504.jpg

Okay now that this is nearing completion any idea what that area is?

If you look at the Celebrity web site, I think that space will be some type of storage maintenance area. There is no other space for storage. In front of it is a stairway down to the retreat lounge. The space below it is a couple of suites.

Edited by dkjretired