Indian Visa

4774Papa

Thank you , someotherguy, I've had my passport and photos re-sized, so that's done. The website won't even let me on until it is within the 34 day window, so I don't know what to expect there. Your one day experience getting the emailed visa was reassuring, though. Thank you.

• 9 months later...

As mentioned in various posts, for US citizens, the Indian Consulate no longer handles Visas. They are have 'sub-contracted' to Cox and Kings (CKGS), who do most of the leg work and collect the application fee. The on-line process (mainly the form completion) has to be the most time consuming and complicated visa by any country in the world - they actually give you one and a half hour's to complete, otherwise I don't know what would happen - probably the applicant would give up and decide somewhere else to go!

Anyway, if a US citizen is lucky enough to complete the form in the allotted time, the fee is $100 for the visa, the CKGS fee is $17.00, there is an ICWF fee (whatever that is) of $3.00, the shipping fee by FEDEX is $15.00 each way and there's a "convenience fee" (really) of $5.25 for a total cost of @155.25. On went the application - by the way, each application has to be sent in a separate package.

I'm not finished yet.......I then received a reply from CKGS to the effect that because my packages were 'overweight', there was an addition fee (per package) of $16.64, plus a (you've got it) convenience fee of $0.58. A grand total of $171.89 per visa application.

I'll keep you informed of any addional charges that my visas might incur.

received our passports and visas today. A London company VisaGenie dealt with it and they dealt with the Indian ministry

I filed in a form on their web, they checked it and emailed me an official application form which I had to sign and return

Costs in the UK for two Visas seem to be similar to US

Embassy fee : £110.88 ea plus Visa Genie fee : £35.95 ea - total with postage £300.56 ($366.60)

Very easy I would recommend Visa Genie for Brits

Alan

As mentioned in various posts, for US citizens, the Indian Consulate no longer handles Visas. They are have 'sub-contracted' to Cox and Kings (CKGS), who do most of the leg work and collect the application fee. The on-line process (mainly the form completion) has to be the most time consuming and complicated visa by any country in the world - they actually give you one and a half hour's to complete, otherwise I don't know what would happen - probably the applicant would give up and decide somewhere else to go!

Anyway, if a US citizen is lucky enough to complete the form in the allotted time, the fee is $100 for the visa, the CKGS fee is $17.00, there is an ICWF fee (whatever that is) of $3.00, the shipping fee by FEDEX is $15.00 each way and there's a "convenience fee" (really) of $5.25 for a total cost of @155.25. On went the application - by the way, each application has to be sent in a separate package.

I'm not finished yet.......I then received a reply from CKGS to the effect that because my packages were 'overweight', there was an addition fee (per package) of $16.64, plus a (you've got it) convenience fee of $0.58. A grand total of $171.89 per visa application.

Good grief...not looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear[emoji15]

Maybe I should rethink. My cruise to India.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh dear[emoji15]

Maybe I should rethink. My cruise to India.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are many services that can help get your visa. We used Briggs. The form is a bit much but it's not hard. It's just a little confusing what to put as answers to some of the questions. We got ours with no problems and it's good for ten years ;).

• 1 month later...
It states on the website they are only valid for entry into India by AIR into certain airports.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Recent update They have now added 5 seaports to their permitted e-visa entry

Recent update They have now added 5 seaports to their permitted e-visa entry

Good, I think countries are waking up too the fact that they want tourist but are currently making it too difficult to get a visa. China have just done something similar. Unfortunately for myself have missed out on both these changes....🙁🙁🙁

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

We were in India for 5 days starting Nov 27th 2016 and the only people that were able to get off the NCL Star had Full Visas.

NOT E Visa's there were a lot of unhappy people because they were not able to get off the ship. for 5 days and the crew had to have their Seamen's papers with them before they were allowed to get off in India.

Sue

To Windsor26

Where did you find the changes allowing 5 seaports on e-visa?

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/Foreigners-can-enter-India-through-five-ports-on-e-visa/article16738695.ece

We are doing a land and tour before we join a cruise that includes 3 ports. Id love to know if it would all be included

Edited by ceba

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/Foreigners-can-enter-India-through-five-ports-on-e-visa/article16738695.ece

We are doing a land and tour before we join a cruise that includes 3 ports. Id love to know if it would all be included

No mention though of when it will come into effect.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk