Celebrity Photo Package

m8zenblue

Are there any photogaphers on Celebrity booked excursions?

It's been a long time since we took a Celebrity excursion, but I recall occasionally there would be. Not often though as they do not have enough photographers to cover all the excursions taking place at once.

Mike

Are there any photogaphers on Celebrity booked excursions?

Unlikely as they are fully employed photographing guests leaving the ship when most of the excursions depart. You are more likely to have the video photographer on an excursion but that is usually just one of the excursions in a port.

We usually buy 2 or 3 photos.,.boarding at a port, dinner and from the set ups on chic night,,.but we'd like a more personalized photo appointment,

Do they have a studio on board where you can go for a portrait package?

Celebrating a big birthday and would like to get some nice family portraits ...

I recall on Oasis, they had a set up in an area along the shopping arcade...just wondering if there is anything similar on X...hopefully EDGE.

We usually buy 2 or 3 photos.,.boarding at a port, dinner and from the set ups on chic night,,.but we'd like a more personalized photo appointment,

Do they have a studio on board where you can go for a portrait package?

Celebrating a big birthday and would like to get some nice family portraits ...

I recall on Oasis, they had a set up in an area along the shopping arcade...just wondering if there is anything similar on X...hopefully EDGE.

Yes, if you have a spare arm and leg. It is very expensive. From memory, more than US$1,000.

My friend and I recently sailed to Alaska on the Solstice. I really considered buying the photo pkg but was glad I didn't. There weren't enough pictures overall to have made it worthwhile and some of the pictures were poor quality. We never saw a photographer taking pictures before or during any excursions but the weather was often cold and rainy, so maybe that was a factor. We did pick one picture of the 2 of us that turned out great and bought that but we also came home with a lot of great pictures taken with our phones. People are so friendly, it's easy to ask someone to snap a quick picture throughout the cruise.

Yes, if you have a spare arm and leg. It is very expensive. From memory, more than US$1,000.

Wow...that's an awful lot to spend on a photography studio we are not familiar with...Guess we'll hope to get a nice portrait by making the rounds to the photo set ups. How much is the 12 print package? ($) and what are the sizes?

I'd be happy to look on my own if someone has a link to all this info..there's a 20% sale going on today...not sure if it applies to phoyos.

Poked around...on X website and photo company site as well.

We have to go into our Cruise Planner for packages & pricing

We'll see what is offered

PS.....

In our cruise Planner for a 7 day cruise on EDGE, I believe the unlim was $200. The 12 photo plan was $ 140...That seems to be a good deal based on indiv prices onboard.

We really just want a nice couples portrait so we'll try our luck on board.

THE 20% DISCOUNT OFFER EXPIRES LATER TONIGHT...they show a countdown clock!

Edited by hcat

• 3 weeks later...

What I wanted most from our recent cruise on the equinox was family photos. We were 11 people in 4 cabins. Day one they offered me $300 all the photos of all of us digital and print. Great. Day 3 when I went to confirm they said no, that’s only for the people in one cabin. Every time I talked to them after that they gave me a different story about what would be included. I ended up unsatisfied and purchasing the 12 digital package. Spent a lot of time picking the right 12 pictures. Paid $175. Days after the cruise there were 29 pictures and I had to choose and unlock them. But wait, 5 of the photos we chose were not in that group. When I wrote to the photo department they said I could only choose pictures from my cabin, but some of the pictures I chose and dint receive were of people in my cabin. Others were my grandchildren. I wanted and I boughtthose pictures and now I can’t get them. They kept giving me contrary answers. Finally they said that they contacted the ship and I bought the prints so I couldn’t have any digital. I did NOT buy the prints! I paid for 12 pictures digitally and now I’ve got zero. Does anyone know how I can contact higher ups so I can resolve this?

What I wanted most from our recent cruise on the equinox was family photos. We were 11 people in 4 cabins. Day one they offered me $300 all the photos of all of us digital and print. Great. Day 3 when I went to confirm they said no, that’s only for the people in one cabin. Every time I talked to them after that they gave me a different story about what would be included. I ended up unsatisfied and purchasing the 12 digital package. Spent a lot of time picking the right 12 pictures. Paid $175. Days after the cruise there were 29 pictures and I had to choose and unlock them. But wait, 5 of the photos we chose were not in that group. When I wrote to the photo department they said I could only choose pictures from my cabin, but some of the pictures I chose and dint receive were of people in my cabin. Others were my grandchildren. I wanted and I boughtthose pictures and now I can’t get them. They kept giving me contrary answers. Finally they said that they contacted the ship and I bought the prints so I couldn’t have any digital. I did NOT buy the prints! I paid for 12 pictures digitally and now I’ve got zero. Does anyone know how I can contact higher ups so I can resolve this?

Open a support ticket directly with the photo company:

https://support.ourcruisephotos.com/support/home

Good Luck!

Day one they offered me $300 all the photos of all of us digital and print. Great. Day 3 when I went to confirm they said no, that’s only for the people in one cabin. Every time I talked to them after that they gave me a different story about what would be included.

First, I suggest that you continue to chase the company as another poster suggested as I have always found that issues have been resolved in the past even to the extent of the ship being asked to put my photos onto a CD and post them to me. It did take time because they had to wait until the ship docked in the USA again.

However, I agree that staff in the photo shop are more often (shall I say) poorly informed and it is difficult to get a straight answer from them. Frim my experience, an "all photos" package entitles you to every photo that someone from your room is in. They use facial recognition software to select photos so you do need to check daily to make sure that they have select all the photos. (For example, when we were all wrapped in Siberia, there was not enough of our faces visible for recognition.)

What you need to remember, the photo software does not know who is in a room. This means that, once you have been photographed with someone else, I picks up all their photographs as well. (I always have to weed out digital photographs of people I do not want.) I would suggest, therefore, that you need to have a few group photographs including everyone taken as early as possible.

• 5 months later...

I have a cruise booked for the fall on the Equinox. The Cruis Planner shows an All inclusive digital download package. I contacted Celebrity to find out if this included prints as well as digital as I have purchased that before for $200 as well. Celebrity couldn’t give me a straight answer except to say unlimited prints aren’t included but I will get to choose a certain number of prints, however they couldn’t tell me how many!!

I contacted the photo company directly and they say no prints included!!

Has anyone has a recent experience with an all inclusive photo and download package?

On 2/11/2018 at 3:50 PM, zonacruiser25 said:

Re-opening this post with my question: Does the photo department on the ship provide a written release for the digital photos? I know that you cannot get a photo from a ship copied without a release so I would be concerned that I could not have pictures printed from the memory stick or DVD provided. Thanks!

A written release is included with the digital copy

Based on posts above..  we will not buy any  package and only purchase what we can see and have printed on board.. No need to be dealing with photo co post cruise unless we have to! Thanks for the heads up!

Hope they sell the "portfolio" with ship's photo and room for one we select.  We like those.

Is there any photo discount coupon for Elite?

This is for EDGE

Edited by hcat

19 hours ago, MontyFl said:

I have a cruise booked for the fall on the Equinox. The Cruis Planner shows an All inclusive digital download package. I contacted Celebrity to find out if this included prints as well as digital as I have purchased that before for $200 as well. Celebrity couldn’t give me a straight answer except to say unlimited prints aren’t included but I will get to choose a certain number of prints, however they couldn’t tell me how many!!

I contacted the photo company directly and they say no prints included!!

Has anyone has a recent experience with an all inclusive photo and download package?

We sailed Equinox October 2018 and purchased the all inclusive package for $200.  At the time, it included 1 print of every photo taken.  On the last night we were given instructions for downloading the digital version of every photo we got, which were to be delivered via email within one week.   I had to make a couple of calls after waiting two weeks but eventually I did receive the digital version of every photo, in addition to the prints that I took home with me on debarkation day.  We took home well over 100 photo sheets from a 10-night cruise, although some of the poses do end up being repetitive.  

You can take as many pictures as you like, including the gangway port photos, dining room photos, etc.  You only need one package per stateroom.  If you are traveling with others they can be in the photos too, but at least one member from your stateroom must be in the photo for it to be included in the package.

It is definitely a good value, considering the price of one photo sheet is around $25, and you don't have to decide which photo to keep or discard.  That said, we will probably not purchase the package when we sail again this year because, well...100+ photos is a lot of photos!

• 1 year later...