Celebrity Photo Package

m8zenblue

Good Morning,

As we get closer and closer to our cruise date I am getting more e-mails concerning excursions and add ons to our reservation.

This morning I got an e-mail about purchasing the "All Inclusive Digital Online Plus Prints Photo Package".

From the short intro I got it sounds ok.

Anyone have any Moree info or experience with this item, your feedback will be greatly appreciated !

Good Morning,

As we get closer and closer to our cruise date I am getting more e-mails concerning excursions and add ons to our reservation.

This morning I got an e-mail about purchasing the "All Inclusive Digital Online Plus Prints Photo Package".

Anyone have any Moree info or experience with this item, your feedback will be greatly appreciated !

Is that the unlimited one? I didn't have it on our last cruise but I know someone who got it. It was really good if you like to keep the pictures. Basically every picture they took of you became free (both digital and physical print). My uncle had it and at the end of the 7 days cruise, he had like 50+ 8x10 photos + all the digital prints. I think it was like $250 or something like that.

In comparison, we got the 10 or 12 8x10 pictures package.. it was like $100 something and it didn't come with digital prints. Without any package, I think it is like $25 per 8x10 print.

On a recent cruise single 8 X 10s were $25, and the "package" with all prints and a DVD of photos was $300. I remember years ago when people would buy tons of photos, but those days are gone. If 5 people were in the photo gallery this last cruise, it was a lot. Like the days of pay-phones, the days of ship photo galleries are on the way out.

My family and I love the photo package (of course we are a family of theatre majors so we love photo ops). We took advantage of every chance and the photographers got to know us and would do some really fun poses.

• Like 1

The problem with the package is that it is for one cabin only. We were traveling with others and the package included photos of the two of us or the four of us, but not the two of them. Just not worth it. We ended up buying two pictures only the entire cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We bought the pkg a couple of years ago. Came home with over 200 sheets of pictures. Had many taken with new friends from the Roll Call group, and gave around 100 sheets away.

Had an amazing time interacting with the photographer's.

They enjoyed taking many shots not normally done. When we told them we had "The Package" :Dit was like a sense of relief.

• Like 1

Hi there, so you still get prints as well and the digital images? That's unreal for some reason I thought you only got the digital images. I'm definitely going to look into get a package :)

I bought the package last year on the Eclipse and I'm so glad. It was on sale $100 off onboard for the first 2 or 3 days. I have a beautiful album (also bought on board at a discount) full of wonderful pics. I've saved the ones not in the album and have even found uses for some of them also. It was great not having to decide which pics to buy since we got them all.

Good Morning,

We buy the photo package every cruise and we get our money's worth. It's not for everyone, but we travel with our young kids and love all the family pictures we take. It's usually cheaper (and never more expensive) if you buy the package directly from the company that runs the photographers. Have done this many times and never had an issue.

https://www.mycruisephotos.com/

Go Blue!

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing on the Celebrity Summit and there are 4 of us in a cabin. If I purchase the All-Inclusive Photo and Digital Package, will it only include pictures of me? . . . . . or, any of the 4 of us in the cabin? Thank you.

We have bought the photo package for our two Celebrity cruises and each time came away with over 100 prints. Our last cruise it was 40% off prior to the cruise so we paid $149 instead of $250. Our daughters are in a separate cabin and they are included in the package since they are under 21. This includes ALL pictures, including the cheesy pirate, embarkation, and port of call photos.

We will be on Royal for Christmas and I am debating getting it again. Only because we would stop at every photo op there was, after awhile the kids starting getting bored. Also, not all the photographers are very creative and some of the shots started getting repetitive.

We bought the package because individual prints are very expense. You get every picture they take of you plus a dvd with all of the photos. To get your moneys worth, I highly recommend taking advantage of getting multiple pictures taken. They typically take 4 pictures at each place. There are usually 4-6 photo stations every night of the cruise. In addition to that, photographers roam around the dining rooms, various areas of the ship, and ports. We easily had 200 plus pictures. We bought our package pre-cruise through http://www.mycruisephotos.com at $200. I think the package was $300 onboard.

• 6 months later...

Re-opening this post with my question: Does the photo department on the ship provide a written release for the digital photos? I know that you cannot get a photo from a ship copied without a release so I would be concerned that I could not have pictures printed from the memory stick or DVD provided. Thanks!

I don’t think we got a written release.

But with a physical print and the digital file as a backup, you’re probably okay.

We thought it was a GREAT value.

It covers any photo YOU are in, even with friends.

Let them scan your seapass at the time, it links to you.

I saw a few people say they received a good bit of photos in their package. Where do they take these photos? I’ve been on Carnival and NCL and there were only about 2-3 photos taken of us on either cruise. At I missing opportunities and just don’t realize it? I know they usually have a photographer set up for evening chic/captains dinner/formal night...but that’s the only one I know of, aside from getting on the ship and then off the ship at ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I saw a few people say they received a good bit of photos in their package. Where do they take these photos? I’ve been on Carnival and NCL and there were only about 2-3 photos taken of us on either cruise. At I missing opportunities and just don’t realize it? I know they usually have a photographer set up for evening chic/captains dinner/formal night...but that’s the only one I know of, aside from getting on the ship and then off the ship at ports.

On Celebrity, there are photographers at each port (usually two or three different settings) ad each evening - more, of course, on Chic Evenings but always at least one station. On Chic Evenings there may be four or five in different places. Photographs will also tour dining and other venues.

You can always refuse to have you photograph taken but there is frequently a queue waiting, especially on Chic Evening. Those with the full package make use of every opportunity.

My complaint is that the photographer do not appear to have caught up with the fact that so many people no longer dine at set times (i.e. early an late) and those dining at other times may easily miss their sessions. The photographers in port are not there all day but only at the times most people are leaving the ship. If you have not seen many, you may not use traditional dining and wait to miss the crowds before you leave the ship.

I doubt that it is the cruise lines you have used because we have had our photographs taken by (far more insistent) Carnival and NCL photographers when our Celebrity ship has shared a dock with one of their ships.

On Celebrity, there are photographers at each port (usually two or three different settings) ad each evening - more, of course, on Chic Evenings but always at least one station. On Chic Evenings there may be four or five in different places. Photographs will also tour dining and other venues.

You can always refuse to have you photograph taken but there is frequently a queue waiting, especially on Chic Evening. Those with the full package make use of every opportunity.

My complaint is that the photographer do not appear to have caught up with the fact that so many people no longer dine at set times (i.e. early an late) and those dining at other times may easily miss their sessions. The photographers in port are not there all day but only at the times most people are leaving the ship. If you have not seen many, you may not use traditional dining and wait to miss the crowds before you leave the ship.

I doubt that it is the cruise lines you have used because we have had our photographs taken by (far more insistent) Carnival and NCL photographers when our Celebrity ship has shared a dock with one of their ships.

Do they tend to walk around on At Sea days as well? All my cruises have been at ports each day, so I’ve never done an at sea day before.

To be honest, we got married on our NCL cruise and the pictures were NOT good. We paid a pretty hefty price for pretty poor quality photos, so I’m skeptical now about spending so much money again for pictures. Buy if there is going to be a potential for a lot of photo opportunities, I don’t want to pass that up either. It’s always difficult to get photos otherwise, without having to bother random people.

Can you ask a ship,photographer to follow you and get photos. I was thinking about the galley tours, helicopter pad, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That will not happen for an individual. There will, however, usually be a photographer there if you are invited to the heliport. A galley tour is not suitable for a photographer to take photographs. It is a confined space and most tours have a large number of people. If you ask for a private photo-shoot, it is available but not as part of your photo package and is considerably more expensive.

The photographers will be round the ship anyway for certain types of special event: Panama Canal passage, Christmas Eve carols, etc.

From other special events: Captain's/Officer's table, Chef's table, etc. the official ship's photographer will be there and you will get an complimentary photograph. However, photographs taken by the ship's photographer will not be included in your digital pictures.

Re-opening this post with my question: Does the photo department on the ship provide a written release for the digital photos? I know that you cannot get a photo from a ship copied without a release so I would be concerned that I could not have pictures printed from the memory stick or DVD provided. Thanks!

Yes, there is a written release included on the DVD they provide.

That being said, I have never had any issues getting reprints from the files.

Mike

• 1 month later...

We are going on the celebrity summit this summer. I want to get the all inclusive photo package but I see on some photos that they do an early bird special with that package when you get on the ship. Can anyone who has gone on this ship please confirm this for me because I will wait to purchase this if I can save $100

We are going on the celebrity summit this summer. I want to get the all inclusive photo package but I see on some photos that they do an early bird special with that package when you get on the ship. Can anyone who has gone on this ship please confirm this for me because I will wait to purchase this if I can save $100

It's cheaper to purchase it pre-cruise. DW was kicking herself for deciding not to spend the $250 CAD before our Equinox cruise back in Nov. figuring if we'd get it on sale when we were onboard. Unfortunately for us, on board it was on sale for $250 USD instead of the $300 USD. We ended up just grabbing the 12 photo package. Won't be making that mistake again when we're on Silhouette this winter.