What is AQ like on Infinity?

Conanc

Looking at a short cruise on Infinity. We were wondering what AQ and dining at Blu is like on this class of ship as compared to Solstice class. Is it worth it or should we stick to CC or standard verandah categories? Thanks!

This is a tough one for me, because my DH and I do not care for Blu. We are most definitely in the minority. Tables are very close together, the service is good, but not really any better than the MDR. The food is also fine, but not to our taste. We actually asked to be moved back to the MDR on our third night on Summit because it just did not work for us. The MDR was just perfect for us. The cabins are pretty much the same, a tad larger, upgraded amenities but not worth the extra money we paid. Location of these cabins is also quite good.

We've tried Aqua twice, once on Infinity and once on Summit and we would not bother again. We book Concierge cabins on S class because we like the cabins with the extra large balconies at the bump out. Nicer bedding and towels and a few amenities over the standard cabin's. We eat in the MDR and we are totally fine with that and an occasional specialty restaurant.

I think it strictly depends how much you're willing to pay extra to eat in Blu, because that's really the big draw to Aqua class.

Edited by Lady Arwen
spelling

We love Blu, and we actually like Blu on M class ships better. More intimate setting, tables not quite as close together. We have sailed AQ on Infinity several times in the last couple of years and thoroughly enjoyed it. I highly recommend the cabins on Deck 11. We prefer the cabins on the side; some prefer the aft facing. Just make sure to look at the floor plan as some of the side cabins have a bit smaller balconies. Location there is just great - quiet, close to Blu and the buffet, close to the rear elevators. When they are showing movies on the deck above you can sometimes hear faint noise in the background from the balcony but it has never been so loud as to bother us. On the aft facing cabins, you may also get noise from the rear bars when they have music out there - some find that enjoyable.

Looking at a short cruise on Infinity. We were wondering what AQ and dining at Blu is like on this class of ship as compared to Solstice class. Is it worth it or should we stick to CC or standard verandah categories? Thanks!

Since you are asking for an AQ comparison on M-class vs. S-class, consider the following:

- Blu is essentially the same on both classes; the restaurant is a little smaller on M since the number of AQ cabins is smaller

- Persian Garden is much nicer on S-class with the individual lounges and floor to ceiling windows vs. the common bench seat and no windows on M-class

- AQ cabins on M-class are a little larger than standard balconies while on S-class they are the same size as standard balconies

Since you are asking for an AQ comparison on M-class vs. S-class, consider the following:

- Blu is essentially the same on both classes; the restaurant is a little smaller on M since the number of AQ cabins is smaller

- Persian Garden is much nicer on S-class with the individual lounges and floor to ceiling windows vs. the common bench seat and no windows on M-class

- AQ cabins on M-class are a little larger than standard balconies while on S-class they are the same size as standard balconies

Thank you. Great info!

We would definitely lean towards booking Aqua on M-class, especially since they have gotten rid of Ocean Liners/Murano on those ships. We don't care for the other specialty dining venues available on M-class now. However, if the cost difference between Concierge and Aqua were too great, we'd be fine with Concierge and the MDR. We do like the larger cabins that Concierge and Aqua have on M-class over regular verandahs, especially on longer itineraries.

We would definitely lean towards booking Aqua on M-class, especially since they have gotten rid of Ocean Liners/Murano on those ships. We don't care for the other specialty dining venues available on M-class now. However, if the cost difference between Concierge and Aqua were too great, we'd be fine with Concierge and the MDR. We do like the larger cabins that Concierge and Aqua have on M-class over regular verandahs, especially on longer itineraries.

Thanks.

That's a good point because we really spend a lot of time out on the verandah. We love just sitting out at sea.

Thanks.

That's a good point because we really spend a lot of time out on the verandah. We love just sitting out at sea.

My earlier comment on the M-class AQ being a little larger that regular cabins is probably a little misleading since AQ on S-class is a little larger than AQ on M-class. Here are the sq. ft. cabin/balcony sizes:

M-class regular balcony = 170/38

M-class aqua class = 191/41

S-class regular and aqua = 194/54

We love Blu, and we actually like Blu on M class ships better. More intimate setting, tables not quite as close together. .....

We have been in Aqua staterooms on both M- and S-class ships and also prefer Blu on the M-class ships. We also prefer Luminae on the M-class ships over Luminae on the S-class ships.

But back to the OP's question -- there is no over the bed storage on the M-class ships, but the Aqua shower will have the nice jets. And since my husband loves the wake view we try for an aft deck 11 Aqua stateroom. Despite the fact that I deal with allergies and am sensitive to cigarette smoke we have not had issues with smoke in the aft balconies.

We love Blu, and we actually like Blu on M class ships better. More intimate setting, tables not quite as close together. We have sailed AQ on Infinity several times in the last couple of years and thoroughly enjoyed it. I highly recommend the cabins on Deck 11. We prefer the cabins on the side; some prefer the aft facing. Just make sure to look at the floor plan as some of the side cabins have a bit smaller balconies. Location there is just great - quiet, close to Blu and the buffet, close to the rear elevators. When they are showing movies on the deck above you can sometimes hear faint noise in the background from the balcony but it has never been so loud as to bother us. On the aft facing cabins, you may also get noise from the rear bars when they have music out there - some find that enjoyable.

This is helpful as we have booked an Aft facing for a TA

I was just looking at what suites are available --and wondering if it's worth the money to change (access to Michaels/beverages package included etc)

Haven't sailed the Infinity. Am trying to understand the deck plans and the elevators (between sky suites ) and the bump outs of larger suites.

Any insight?

• 2 weeks later...
This is a tough one for me, because my DH and I do not care for Blu. We are most definitely in the minority. Tables are very close together, the service is good, but not really any better than the MDR. The food is also fine, but not to our taste. We actually asked to be moved back to the MDR on our third night on Summit because it just did not work for us. The MDR was just perfect for us. The cabins are pretty much the same, a tad larger, upgraded amenities but not worth the extra money we paid. Location of these cabins is also quite good.

We've tried Aqua twice, once on Infinity and once on Summit and we would not bother again. We book Concierge cabins on S class because we like the cabins with the extra large balconies at the bump out. Nicer bedding and towels and a few amenities over the standard cabin's. We eat in the MDR and we are totally fine with that and an occasional specialty restaurant.

I think it strictly depends how much you're willing to pay extra to eat in Blu, because that's really the big draw to Aqua class.

I too, am not a fan of Blu, however, my dear husband is. I don't find the food at Blu to be exceptional. He likes the breakfast option. Service is outstanding! I asked if I could have the Waldorf salad that was being served in the MDR and was told that it wasn't possible. REALLY? Something about the two kitchens couldn't accomodate my request. HUH! Still booking Aqua, but.... Blu is nothing special.

Like most types of dining, opinions on Blu are very subjective. I would say to try it at least once, if the price is right, and form your own opinion.

We like the food in Blu and prefer the smaller dining venue to the large, noisy main dining room, but of course there are others who feel differently.

There are also important differences in Aqua cabin location choices as far as sun or shade, privacy issues, noise issues, balcony size, obstructed or unobstructed views.

There is really no ideal Aqua cabin location on an M class ship. They all have advantages and drawbacks.

The best that one can do is to pick a cabin that offers whichever features matter most to you.

....... I asked if I could have the Waldorf salad that was being served in the MDR and was told that it wasn't possible. REALLY? Something about the two kitchens couldn't accomodate my request.

They can do that much more easily on M-class ships than on S-class ships.

On M-class ships, Blu and the upper level of the main dining room are side-by-side.

Are the AFT balconies extra deep?

Have seen pics of deck 7 balcony (may have been Summit) where they had a table/chairs AND 2 loungers in a super deep balcony on deck 7.

Is this the case for the entire AFT?