Costa Concordia Pix (New Title)

lidojohnny

Even though we've seen these photos one by one over the past two years, it's amazing to see them all together at once. It also just makes you gasp in awe how this hull was righted and towed away . . . Wow.

Thanks for sharing.

FYI, for those interested. The Smithsonian Channel will air the refloat operation tomorrow, 7/26 at 3:00 PM ET.

I saw it a few weeks ago, a definite must see. Cruise Ship Down, Saving the Concordia.

Edited by Typhoon1

Thanks very much for posting. I had not seen many of these photos before. It is very interesting to see the interior shots, some areas that were unsubmerged appearing almost normal. What a sad demise for the Concordia, but I'm glad that after 2 1/2 years it is finally removed from the Island of Giglio.

Thank you for sharing the pictures. We sailed her the year before, while different from HAL with a Joe Farcus design she was a beautiful ship--as are them all. So sad for the loss of life for no reason.

As I have mentioned before we thought it was fun when the captain would take the ship sightseeing close to islands and toot the horn, little did we know what danger we were in.

As I have mentioned before we thought it was fun when the captain would take the ship sightseeing close to islands and toot the horn, little did we know what danger we were in.

WOW!!!! I hadn't read that....

Edited by ASIWISH

I have rental cabins in north ga and a family my just rented today that's husband is part of the salvage company that has moved and will take apart the ship. It is now docked at a new location.

she said there is still one person missing and they think they will find them where the ship was in the water or in the ship its self when they take it apart.

I cant image being the family of this person.

We had the same kind of thing happen on a river near here. Young girl fell in a rapid and they could not get the body out of a suck hole.