YC For Non-YC Friends

DDSLovesAtSeaDays

Will the ship allow non-YC passengers pay extra for YC access? I’m going on a cruise Sat (11/25) for my 50th with 6 friends and family. My friend and sister who are sharing a cabin with me surprised me with an upgrade to YC. I was so excited, but now I’m afraid we will have to split away from our friends in Aurea. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It has been possible in the past; don't know if they still allow it. There was a charge of €100 on Med cruises for access for the day if they wish to avail of all the facilities. I can't remember if that was per person. There was also a limit on the number of people per day and you had to arrange it through the concierge.

However, you can invite people to your cabin without charge - again you need to get authorisation. Your butler can even arrange to have snacks and extra mini-bar drinks provided if you were planning an in-cabin party. Let them know it's your 50th birthday - they may even decorate your cabin! Both DH and I and another couple were invited up to the Royal Suite by a couple we once met onboard and their butler brought in plates of canapés and snacks for us.

Edited by Beamafar

It has been possible in the past; don't know if they still allow it. There was a charge of €100 on Med cruises for access for the day if they wish to avail of all the facilities. I can't remember if that was per person. There was also a limit on the number of people per day and you had to arrange it through the concierge.

However, you can invite people to your cabin without charge - again you need to get authorisation. Your butler can even arrange to have snacks and extra mini-bar drinks provided if you were planning an in-cabin party. Let them know it's your 50th birthday - they may even decorate your cabin! Both DH and I and another couple were invited up to the Royal Suite by a couple we once met onboard and their butler brought in plates of canapés and snacks for us.

This is what I plan to do on Seaside. We have the RS and friends not in YC. I’m not sure if they will still allow the full access for a fee for a few. I haven’t heard anyone mentioning in on Divina lately. Ask you concierge when you board.

So... If we meet a couple on board starting in a regular room we can't invite them up to yacht club pool or bar to hang out? Just wondering as sailing yacht club for first time player next year

My... I just hate auto spell... Lol

I was told by a MSC rep that only people with YC cabins are allowed in YC. No guests. Which is why we did not book YC for our upcoming trip in March. We did manage to get the RC for end of 2019 and no friends/family going with us.

While I don't know this for sure, I'm guessing if you're in the YC and have friends who are non-YC, you are welcome to visit them anywhere in the entire rest of the ship, including hanging out with them at the regular pools for as long as you wish. I don't think it goes the other way around for good reason. Those who have paid extra to reside in the YC, are paying a premium for space and not be crowded. That especially includes the pool area and those coveted loungers. Having "guests" use the pool and loungers defeats that entire purpose, and personally I would not be happy about it. Imagine if everyone in the YC did this? The YC would be overcrowded and certainly not worth paying extra for.

While I don't know this for sure, I'm guessing if you're in the YC and have friends who are non-YC, you are welcome to visit them anywhere in the entire rest of the ship, including hanging out with them at the regular pools for as long as you wish. I don't think it goes the other way around for good reason. Those who have paid extra to reside in the YC, are paying a premium for space and not be crowded. That especially includes the pool area and those coveted loungers. Having "guests" use the pool and loungers defeats that entire purpose, and personally I would not be happy about it. Imagine if everyone in the YC did this? The YC would be overcrowded and certainly not worth paying extra for.

My sentiments exactly. However, as a frequent Yacht Clubber on Divina (12 times), I have brought guests up to see my cabin but did NOT take them to Top Sail or the One Pool. That is definitely not allowed. But if you are discreet and quiet, I've never had any issue bringing a couple of guests up to see my suite. I have the Royal Suite January 6 on Seaside and I do plan on bringing up some friends to see the cabin, but certainly not to avail themselves of the services of the Yacht Club itself.

I have to agree with this. We've booked four YC cabins on Seaside next November so we can all enjoy the amenities of the YC. While a couple of people coming to visit in a cabin wouldn't be an inconvenience, I can't imagine there would be an official policy that allows "day guests" in the public areas. I'm pretty easy-going but I think I'd have something to say about it on these boards if that occurred.

My sentiments exactly. However, as a frequent Yacht Clubber on Divina (12 times), I have brought guests up to see my cabin but did NOT take them to Top Sail or the One Pool. That is definitely not allowed. But if you are discreet and quiet, I've never had any issue bringing a couple of guests up to see my suite. I have the Royal Suite January 6 on Seaside and I do plan on bringing up some friends to see the cabin, but certainly not to avail themselves of the services of the Yacht Club itself.

That’s what we plan to do also.

Thanks... Makes sense... We booked the YC after doing a March cruise on RCI and it was a spring break nightmare... Even had several kids removed from ship in port for their behavior... Looking forward to having a relaxing time and space...

This may sound bad but after paying for Yacht Club, I certainly don’t want my oasis to be invaded by anyone else from down below. I don’t have an issue with a discreet visit to the cabin but certainly not use of facilities. We are on Seaside in March 2018 and have also booked YC for Bellissima in 2019. We have some extra people coming and accepting we were in YC they will also book the same otherwise no point in joining us on the cruise. Our Seaside trip is a special occasion hence YC but very often we travel in a standard inside cabin. I wouldn’t dream of invading a space that I was not entitled to be in.

sailed Yacht Club several times as well on board the Divina - no issue to bring friends u might have met on board not staying in the Yacht Club to your cabin - i would not even think to bring them to any other part of the Yacht Club venues - i did give them a drink from our mini-bar, but again, i would not order drinks to the cabin via the Butler - it just does not seem correct -

when we sail on board MSC Yacht club with our friends, we all stay in the Yacht Club - this is the only way it works -

This is not okay in any way. If you want to visit with pax who are not part of Yacht club then visit them in the General public areas or their cabins. If every YC guest discreetly took a group of guests to their cabin, how many are now in this area - really! No matter how many times you have travelled YC, it is not acceptable. MSC I hope you are watching!

This is not okay in any way. If you want to visit with pax who are not part of Yacht club then visit them in the General public areas or their cabins. If every YC guest discreetly took a group of guests to their cabin, how many are now in this area - really! No matter how many times you have travelled YC, it is not acceptable. MSC I hope you are watching!

Personally - i totally disagree with your argument - no one is invading "your" space when u bringing guests only to your suite - i really don't understand why u would be so upset about this -

i too have the Royal Suite for 2 weeks in February / March - and if met new friends throughout the ship, i would not hesitate to show them my suite - (again - only the suite...not the pool / lounge / restaurant) -

I do not understand what space they would be invading - that would affect you personally - and take away any aspect of your Yacht Club experience.....

I had the Royal Suite on the Divina - and i brought guests to my suite - right past the Concierge - was not hiding anything and nothing said....

I was given a tour of the YC once during a cruise, the people who I visited arranged this with the concierge. They showed me there cabin introduced me to concierge and just walked around the public areas.

I wasn't allowed to go to bar or lounge or anything, just a look see.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

Reading some of these replies makes me think that some people would be better suited to Cunard! And yes we have sailed with them.

well i wanted to be nice, but really wanted to say - "perhaps you should sail on your own private yacht" -

:halo::halo::halo:

Reading some of these replies makes me think that some people would be better suited to Cunard! And yes we have sailed with them.

I love Cunard, and FYI there are no keycard access only areas on Cunard. Ships with the “ship within a ship” concept are far more segregated than Cunard.

Also I don’t think it’s asking too much for those paying for exclusivity of the YC to have it be somewhat exclusive. I certainly don’t have any problem inviting people to individual cabins though.

If I were in a regular cabin (which usually I am), I would not even consider hanging out in the YC or Haven on NCL. If I were invited to a cabin party certainly I would go (and I have), but other than the cabin I would not be hanging out.

I am going to be a first-timer on MSC on Seaside in March, 2019. I am splurging on a Yacht Club cabin for my son and I. I chose the Yacht Club for the extra services it has and I am paying a premium for that. I understand that some guests would like to have friends visit them in their cabin, so on one hand I get it, but I will be honest and say that on the other hand that does bother me a bit. I paid a premium for access to the Yacht Club and it just doesn't seem quite fair to me that someone who didn't can also come into the facilities.

Also, how are you going to police where those people go? How is this done on other ships when people have guests in their cabins? Is there some type of system in place to limit access to other parts of the yacht club for those guests who are visiting in a Yacht Club cabin? I also agree with the previous poster who said they wouldn't think of taking advantage of the facilities outside the cabin if they didn't have a cabin there. I just wouldn't do it. But not everyone is like that.