British Isle Cruise--where do Celebrity ships actually dock for Inverness?

Poconolady

Ok, Ive tried the obvious route-I contacted Celebrity customer service and they said they didn't know, and that they would get back to me, if I hadn't heard in two weeks to call them back-aagghhh!!!

Now I'm trying the smart route, asking CC members. Where do Celebrity ships dock for Inverness, somewhere actually in Inverness or is it Invergordon? What pier? Are there other possible docking places? I am setting up a private tour and need to know so that I can tell the driver know where to get us. The ships tours show an "Inverness on your own" transportation package that states that it is a 40 minute drive, so I know that the port is somewhere a distance from Inverness. Our itinerary states Inverness, other cruise lines state Invergordon. Always some confusion involved with Celebrity! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

On your itinerary it says 'docked', so I'm guessing (sorry!) that will be Invergordon as there is nowhere to dock at Inverness. If so, the pier is at the bottom of Munro St as shown by the green B on this map. https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=57.686029,-4.162102&daddr=57.685983,-4.162273&hl=en&sll=57.688106,-4.172882&sspn=0.025417,0.075445&geocode=FQ04cAMdyn3A_w%3B&t=h&mra=me&mrsp=1&sz=14&z=14

Simon

Invergordon, and they are really going all out to welcome cruisers. Have a wonderful day, your driver should be able to take you to some wonderful places and will know nothing bigger than a little tug can get up the River Ness to Inverness

Inverness on your own would be a waste of what that area has to offer IMHO. You may want to chat on your roll call with others if they are thinking of doing that. It is just a shopping centre with a few buildings of interest. You would need to risk local transport beyond there to see the beauty of the area.

There are lots of good private tour operators and they all know where the ship docks!

I live in inverness so if there are any places you'd really like to see I could assist

Some of the tour folk have websites and Facebook pages etc

Try jim Johnstone

Inverness taxi tours

Scenic routes luxury bespoke tours

It will give you an idea of the beautiful highlands!

Some drivers will put on the kilt too!

Hope this helps!

Archived