Thalosatherapy Pool

cwmcaa

Book a spa cabin or buy a spa pass. Oh, and make sure that your ship does have a thalassotherapy pool. Only a handful have them.

Edited by Tapi

Can someone tell me how I can get access to the Thalosatherapy Pool?

I believe that there are only three ships that have them, but I could be wrong. I know the Splendor has one and you either have to be booked in a spa room or purchase the spa package. It's $149 per person.

That pool was a highlight of my Dream cruise. I was usually the only one in there, or just one other guest. One thing I didn't know about until the last day of my cruise was the relaxation room for the VIP Spa guests down the hall from the special locker room. It had an incredible view and water and tea for the guests. When I asked for the locker room, I was directed to the main locker room across from the spa reception desk. I wish someone from the spa had given me a tour so I could have used that room all week.

That pool was a highlight of my Dream cruise. I was usually the only one in there, or just one other guest. One thing I didn't know about until the last day of my cruise was the relaxation room for the VIP Spa guests down the hall from the special locker room. It had an incredible view and water and tea for the guests. When I asked for the locker room, I was directed to the main locker room across from the spa reception desk. I wish someone from the spa had given me a tour so I could have used that room all week.

So other than the view and refreshments is there anything else to the relaxation room? And what constitutes a 'VIP spa guest'? We have a spa cabin booked on the Dream in November.

So other than the view and refreshments is there anything else to the relaxation room? And what constitutes a 'VIP spa guest'? We have a spa cabin booked on the Dream in November.

There were about six lounge chairs facing the floor-to-ceiling windows. I'm pretty sure there was also an attendant present to assist with drinks, etc.

If you're in a spa cabin, you are considered a VIP spa guest with all access to heated spa rooms and the thalosatherapy pool. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's not any different. It's just a big hot tub, nothing more.

Actually, the thalasso pool is filled with minerals and ionized water, so it's not just a "big hot tub." Helped with my legs and feet swelling, so I can attest to the fact that it's not just a basic hot tub. You can also smell the minerals in the water. Well worth it even though I failed to use it everyday like I planned. Not enough time in the day to do it all on the Dream.

This is my first time sailing with Carnival and we are booked in s spa balcony cabin on the Conquest. What are all the extras I should expect? We sail in 3 weeks and I'm getting very excited!:)

Edited by beachpeke

Actually, the thalasso pool is filled with minerals and ionized water, so it's not just a "big hot tub." Helped with my legs and feet swelling, so I can attest to the fact that it's not just a basic hot tub. You can also smell the minerals in the water. Well worth it even though I failed to use it everyday like I planned. Not enough time in the day to do it all on the Dream.

Yea. Minerals like salt and calcium and potassium that naturally occur in sea water. Thalasso literally means "sea water". Google it. And that's what it is, as are all the pools and hot tubs. Although the regular hot tubs are desalinated I think. So, they lack those all important minerals. But you could always swim at the beach. They usually have plenty of those on cruises.. I'm curious what the minerals smell like though.. Do they smell like sea water?

Edited by kujobie

Yea. Minerals like salt and calcium and potassium that naturally occur in sea water. Thalasso literally means "sea water". Google it. And that's what it is, as are all the pools and hot tubs. Although the regular hot tubs are desalinated I think. So, they lack those all important minerals. But you could always swim at the beach. They usually have plenty of those on cruises.. I'm curious what the minerals smell like though.. Do they smell like sea water?

I don't need to Google anything, I know what that means as I frequent spas with mineral baths. Anyway, swimming at the beach does not duplicate being in a large, very warm pool with many jets surrounding you on all sides and built-in reclining seating. It is an EXPERIENCE. I don't particularly find it relaxing to be in one of the hot tubs or pools on the decks. Part of the allure of the thalasso pool is it's relaxing and semi-private. In fact, I wish it wasn't overlooking the gym. Only issue I had with it. I understand you don't think it's worth it but I do so I paid to enjoy it on my cruise. To each his very own.

No, it smelled like a mineral bath.

I don't need to Google anything, I know what that means as I frequent spas with mineral baths. Anyway, swimming at the beach does not duplicate being in a large, very warm pool with many jets surrounding you on all sides and built-in reclining seating. It is an EXPERIENCE. I don't particularly find it relaxing to be in one of the hot tubs or pools on the decks. Part of the allure of the thalasso pool is it's relaxing and semi-private. In fact, I wish it wasn't overlooking the gym. Only issue I had with it. I understand you don't think it's worth it but I do so I paid to enjoy it on my cruise. To each his very own.

No, it smelled like a mineral bath.

I don't doubt the allure. I've been there. But the privacy exists in the hot tubs in the spa on other ships as well. And the built in reclining seating and jets are there, too. And on the other ships, it's free to use. That's the only difference. It's simply a large hot tub. Don't let Carnival make you think there's a difference.

I don't doubt the allure. I've been there. But the privacy exists in the hot tubs in the spa on other ships as well. And the built in reclining seating and jets are there, too. And on the other ships, it's free to use. That's the only difference. It's simply a large hot tub. Don't let Carnival make you think there's a difference.

You're being very presumptuous about why I made the decision to buy a spa pass. NOBODY is making me think anything. I enjoy the spa experience and no one will ever convince me I can get the same experience in one of the public pools or hot tubs that usually have kids in them. Anyway, do you and stick to the mediocre. I prefer to use the VIP spa area, including the thermal rooms, and I paid to do so. Please refrain from telling others to do what you do and using misinformation to support your assumptions. Especially in a judgmental tone. I'm not listening anyway.

You're being very presumptuous about why I made the decision to buy a spa pass. NOBODY is making me think anything. I enjoy the spa experience and no one will ever convince me I can get the same experience in one of the public pools or hot tubs that usually have kids in them. Anyway, do you and stick to the mediocre. I prefer to use the VIP spa area, including the thermal rooms, and I paid to do so. Please refrain from telling others to do what you do and using misinformation to support your assumptions. Especially in a judgmental tone. I'm not listening anyway.

I'm not sure how one can use a judgmental tone in a chat room. And I don't recall telling others what to do or using misinformation, or being presumptuous for that matter. Salt is a mineral. I could put salt in my bath tub and call it a mineral bath. I have been in a thalasso pool and a tub in the spa on other carnival ships and my experience was the same. I came out wet. The thalasso tub is, by definition, a sea water bath. If you want to pay a premium for that, more power to you. But I am here to tell people that, in my experience, it's a hot tub. The same hot tub that's in every spa in every Carnival ship. The only difference is that it's bigger and you have to pay for it. A lot.

You aren't being judgmental? Okayyyy

We could go back and forth all night but not worth my time. Moving on.

You made it clear it's not worth it TO YOU. But it's worth it to many other people, which is why these passes sell out on the sail day. It's not just a giant hot tub and, honestly, there were no other hot tubs available in the spa on the Dream. That sounds like misinformation to me BTW. So, the thalassotherapy pool was it in Cloud 9. And the pass ALSO INCLUDES entrance to the other VIP spa areas like the heated thermal rooms. So saying it's a lot of $ is very subjective. To you, maybe, but to me and others it's worth the price of the experience and then some.

The spa pass includes the T-pool, the heated tile loungers, the steam room, the aromatherapy sauna, or maybe it is the steam room which uses aromatherapy? They have the a room with the heated tile chairs and a third room which was cooler. They have really huge showers as well, so if you feel cramped in the one in your cabin, it can be nice to use.

Unfortunately I got bronchitis on our last cruise, but i did use the steam room and it made me feel better.

The first time we bought a spa pass was on the Epic in 2010. If a ship offers the pass we always sign up, for DH and I it is one of our favorite places, however, we may skip it on the Sunshine since they don't have a T-pool. People spend money on what is important to them. For us it is worth it to have a place away from the crowds. However, we would never spend money on the shops, but some people love the shops. FTTF is important to some, but to others is a waste. Only you know what you value and what enhances your cruise experience.

This bickering about the thalassotherapy pool vs. a regular hot tub reminds of the bickering between the steaks at the steakhouse and the flat iron steak at the MDR. Why pay extra when they are both steaks? Well, try it and you'll find out! :rolleyes:

We LOVE the spa experience, and its truly a highlight of our cruises. As others have said, you need to experience it to understand it. The thalassotherapy pool has a different feel than sitting at a hot tub. The serenity, exclusiveness, and soothing atmosphere add to the experience. And we've done it on other cruise lines as well. In fact, a huge reason why we selected the Royal Princess for a cruise next year is because of their expanded spa experience. It looks absolutely amazing.

Even if a hot tub and the thalassotherapy pool were identical, I'd rather use the pool in a serene environment, usually with nobody else, instead of with a bunch of people drinking their beers, listening to the DJ blasting Tootsie Roll, and with kids splashing around and playing Marco Polo.

Edited by Tapi

We LOVE the spa experience, and its truly a highlight of our cruises. As others have said, you need to experience it to understand it. The thalassotherapy pool has a different feel than sitting at a hot tub. The serenity, exclusiveness, and soothing atmosphere add to the experience. And we've done it on other cruise lines as well. In fact, a huge reason why we selected the Royal Princess for a cruise next year is because of their expanded spa experience. It looks absolutely amazing.

Even if a hot tub and the thalassotherapy pool were identical, I'd rather use the pool in a serene environment, usually with nobody else, instead of with a bunch of people drinking their beers, listening to the DJ blasting Tootsie Roll, and with kids splashing around and playing Marco Polo.

+1

On our last Dream cruise we bought the spa package. We are now booked on the Dream in a Cloud 9 Spa cabin this January specifically to enjoy all the spa offerings - T-pool, multiple steam rooms, heated tile reclined chairs, relaxation room, and large showers. We are close enough to PC to drive and don't care about visiting the ports (been there multiple times) so the cruise is use the gym and relax at the spa facilities everyday. Our idea of a nice cruise when there are no ports we are interested in visiting. We're sad to see the Dream leaving and being replace by Sunshine (with no T-pool).

Cheers!