Star legend room 100 & 101

iriefeeln

Good morning

We are in the midst of booking our trip for March 25 on the legend. After looking over the deck plans we noticed room 100 & 101 have some extra space. If anyone has stayed in those rooms or have toured them and can give some advice we would appreciate it. Specifically....noise level or any other pertinent info. We generally prefer to be mid-ship and in as a high a deck as feasible.

Thanks in advance for the replies...

We were on the Star Legend room 100 in February in the Caribbean. We liked that the size of the room was slightly larger and shaped a little differently being in the very front of the ship.There is more movement in the front, and you will hear the anchor being dropped when coming into port in the AM. Having said that, all of the rooms are suites, and are lovely. Have a wonderful trip!

I've cruised aboard Legend (we're doing another cruise aboard Legend this August) and the Pride. I've also sailed many times aboard all of them when they were Seaborne ships. This trio of ships remain my favorite cruise ships and I've been doing "boat rides" for some time.

I think what you're seeing looking at the deck plans as a bit more size in suites 100 & 101 is likely an illusion. All 'Ocean View' suites on deck 4 as well as on all decks above deck 4 are listed as being 277 sq ft. Looks like 100 & 101 have a bit more hall area and some re configuring of space going forward but I've never been in either suite so I'm just offering an educated guess.

The bows of these ships flair quite a bit in those two suites so to soften the potential of visual space loss it looks like the builder opened up some space going forward making for a very different looking cabin but probably still measuring 277 sq ft.

We usually book suites 124 or 125 because they are dead midships and low. My wife sometimes can fall prey to motion sickness so the best place for her to be if the weather gets a bit lumpy is low and centered.

Know in advance that suites 100 & 101 will experience wave noise in moderate to heavy seas due to the sea pounding against the bow. Also keep in mind that the pitching motion that far forward on any ship can be 'considerable' in rough seas.

I have never heard any guest mention or complain of noise in their suites on these ships nor have I personally ever noticed any mechanical or foot noise aboard these ships. With [perhaps] the exception of suites 100 & 101 being susceptible to wave noise these are very quiet machines. You will hear the anchor being lowered and raised regardless of where your suite is located - but that holds true on any vessel.

If you and yours have good sea legs [should the weather take a turn] and if you don't mind booking a slightly different looking suite such as suites 100 & 101 I would be hard pressed to imagine that you both will not have a perfectly wonderful cruise aboard the Legend. Have fun.

I have sailed in a regular suite and also 101 on the Breeze/Legend. I also checked out 100. 101 is my favorite hands down!

101 and 100 do not have walk in closets, rather there is an entrance hall with a front door and then another door into the room, where they have installed closet space. What I like most about these rooms is that the bathroom door is at the opposite end of the suite from the bed, so it does not open directly onto the bed. Another plus for me was that the room was very quiet. With other rooms, you here you neighbor's closing the door as each pair of suite doors is right next to each other. The layout on 101 is better than 100, FYI....a little bigger.

It is a bit more secure to just post pictures within this post than offer up an email address on any public forum. If you can, I look forward to seeing the ones you've got. Kind of interesting that Windstar or Seaborne [back when they owned the ships] have no pictures of these two unique suites.

Thanks for the pictures nep1984!

If it weren't so far forward (wife's motion sickness possibilities in weather) we'd have no problem booking suits 100 or 101. The way those two forward suites are configured does make them seem larger than the other Ocean View suites. I wonder what the actual square footage really is?

Considering the amount of time we actually spend in our cabin when cruising aboard one of the 'three sisters' a slight bit more cabin space isn't critical but suites 100 & 101 are certainly a well kept secret and attractive. Thanks again.

Edited by Magnum60

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, Magnum60,

You say you've sailed on the 'new' Windstar's Star Pride and the Star Legend.

1. Was the sailing on the Star Pride AFTER JUNE 2016 when she returned following repairs and refurbishment?

2. If so, was Star Legend done to the same high standard as she (and Star Breeze) had their refurbishments done the year before . . . . . or even, in 2014?

'Just want to know if they are all to the same standard now or, are more refurbishments planned . . . . . . eg. continuing to revamp ALL the bathrooms?

:)

Hi, Magnum60,

You say you've sailed on the 'new' Windstar's Star Pride and the Star Legend.

1. Was the sailing on the Star Pride AFTER JUNE 2016 when she returned following repairs and refurbishment?

2. If so, was Star Legend done to the same high standard as she (and Star Breeze) had their refurbishments done the year before . . . . . or even, in 2014?

'Just want to know if they are all to the same standard now or, are more refurbishments planned . . . . . . eg. continuing to revamp ALL the bathrooms?

:)

I can't speak to the baths, but to the other questions.

I have sailed on the Pride after both the 1st and 2nd refurbishments as well as the Breeze and Legend.

The 1st work on the Pride left her as sort of a mutt, there were places that were beautiful and pure WS, and then there were places that were just sad and tired.

After the 2nd work on the Pride I can't tell the difference between the 3. All are very nice in the public spaces. I'd personally tear out the suites and start anew, but Mrs. Milepig who is less averse to pickled oak says they're fine. The baths are looking a little sad, but are clean and well maintained.

Increasing the size of the top deck was money well spent, and although the expansion of the veranda isn't ideal (you do feel like you're in steerage in the back) it is very much appreciated when the seating is needed. Overall a good job.

Thank you for that information. :)

We sailed on Star Pride for her Venetian Passageways to Athens in August 2016.

Having sailed previously on Wind Surf and Wind Star, we loved the larger staterooms and thought she was looking very smart and very 'Windstar'!

I just wasn't sure if the Legend and the Breeze were as nice but, you have allayed my fears!

Re the bathrooms: whilst some people will like the fact that there are baths, we had a look on disembarkation day and those which have been re-modelled have a lovely large shower area where the bath used to be.

Preferring a shower, this looked great!

It was done out in grey tiling which . . . . . . and as it was a very quick peep . . . . . would match/blend in with the white and grey marble.

Perhaps someone else can help describe this if they had a refurbished one. :)

Hello,

I believe you are referring to the two owners suites in the bow of the ship on deck 6. I was on the same cruise and took a look at those on disembarkation day. Overall, I would describe the feel as very similar to the Yacht Club on the top deck, with dark woods offset by light soft furnishings. Very nice. My only complaint is that they do not have a bath...I personally love to take a bath when at sea once in a while, but I guess it is not that big of a deal.

• 2 years later...