Power Sockets

Sorry if I missed this but my search didn't come up with the answer 'm after.

What Power Sockets are there on the Navigator in the Penthouse Suites? Are the sockets US only or are there the UK 3 point ones as well? Is an multi extender strip recommended?

The Navigator has U.S. and European sockets- no U.K. sockets that I am aware of. I definitely recommend having a power strip with you. We take one that includes USB ports.

Note: The Navigator did not have USB ports but may have added some during their recent refurbishment.

Blame the search engine!

In this post;

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2187219

is:

Electrical

The main domestic power distribution is 230V ac using Schuko sockets, i.e. Type F. In the cabins in

addition to at least two of the above are at least two 110V ac US style two flat prong sockets, i.e.

Type B. There is also an Italian 230V ac socket of the 10 amp variety (Type L). As the 110V USA

sockets are mounted very close to a Schuko or Italian socket it is generally not possible to use 110V

sockets at the same time as the adjacent 230V socket as they physically foul each other.

There is also a 110/230V switchable shaver socket in the bathroom but this will not accept UK style

shaver plugs, i.e. it is not a BS4573 socket. An adaptor to a European sized socket is required.

Blame the search engine!

In this post;

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2187219

is:

Electrical

The main domestic power distribution is 230V ac using Schuko sockets, i.e. Type F. In the cabins in

addition to at least two of the above are at least two 110V ac US style two flat prong sockets, i.e.

Type B. There is also an Italian 230V ac socket of the 10 amp variety (Type L). As the 110V USA

sockets are mounted very close to a Schuko or Italian socket it is generally not possible to use 110V

sockets at the same time as the adjacent 230V socket as they physically foul each other.

There is also a 110/230V switchable shaver socket in the bathroom but this will not accept UK style

shaver plugs, i.e. it is not a BS4573 socket. An adaptor to a European sized socket is required.

I had spotted the posts your referred to but I ignored them as they were pre refurbishment.

thanks for your reply.

I had spotted the posts your referred to but I ignored them as they were pre refurbishment.

thanks for your reply.

It is unlikely that the refurb will have made any alterations to the power distribution or sockets, but maybe someone who has been on Navigator recently can confirm.

I am certainly not aware that any of the Regent ships have UK sockets ; only a mixture of European and US

Best not to ignore previous posts, there could be some wisdom!

As for pre and post refurbishment not that much change - they even managed to keep the stains on the carpets from when were last on-board!

A tip - there is a good USB charging point, for phones and tablets etc, hidden in all the ships now (I know the explorer has dedicated ones) - It's on the back of the Samsung TV!!

As for pre and post refurbishment not that much change - they even managed to keep the stains on the carpets from when were last on-board!

A tip - there is a good USB charging point, for phones and tablets etc, hidden in all the ships now (I know the explorer has dedicated ones) - It's on the back of the Samsung TV!!

didn't realize you can charge from the tv

About two cruises ago I bought a small 5-port USB charger for my nightstand. Together with an assortment of shorter cables, it has become my constant companion. It stays on my nightstand at home, it goes with me on cruises, and I even take it on one and two day trips.

It was one of the best travel purchases I think I've ever made.

About two cruises ago I bought a small 5-port USB charger for my nightstand. Together with an assortment of shorter cables, it has become my constant companion. It stays on my nightstand at home, it goes with me on cruises, and I even take it on one and two day trips.

It was one of the best travel purchases I think I've ever made.

I apparently lost my last power strip and just ordered one with both U.S. plug and USB ports. They are definitely useful on our cruises. I wonder if more and more electrical "things" will have the all-in-one plug and USB port. Amazon's Kindle has had it for quite a long time.

• 5 months later...

Thought this was the best of the periodic threads about dealing with power sockets on the ships.

Check this out: https://smile.amazon.com...2_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Very compact 3-for-1 outlet extension with a bonus of 2 USB charging ports. The instructions are clear that the USB ports are 110-240v compatible. The extension outlets, of course, don't convert voltage so your devices must be 110-240v compatible as most modern electronics are. Comes complete with a set of plug adapters (I note that India isn't included, but I have those separately) for most parts of the world. The plug adapters fit snugly so the device with adapter should be solid in a wall outlet. Since it is compact, you'll get at least 2 extended outlets since one side of the device has two fairly close together though 2 iPhone adapters can be used on that side at once.

I plan on using this on domestic travel since many older hotels have too few and ill-positioned outlets not to mention no USB charging ports. My new favorite device, I think.

When you use an outlet above the desk (in some suites), you need to watch the size of what you are plugging in as some plugs are too large (the area around the plug is limited - particularly the bottom of the outlet and the desk/table.) For this reason I use a power strip with only a cord to plug into the wall and then the plugs sit on the table.

It is possible that USB ports were added to the ship during refurbishment but we would need someone that has sailed on the Navigator to know the answer.

....there is a good USB charging point, for phones and tablets etc, hidden in all the ships now (I know the explorer has dedicated ones) - It's on the back of the Samsung TV!!

But does it still supply power to the USB port with the TV Off?

J

This is what I have on my nightstand at home and I take it with me every time I travel. Works great for me since I use Apple products mostly, although I have a micro USB cable just in case.

Not a good solution if you have a lot of devices with proprietary chargers. Been a lifesaver for me.

Anker Quick Charge 3.0 60W 6-Port USB Wall Charger, PowerPort+ 6 for Galaxy S7 / S6 / Edge / Plus, Note 5 / 4 and PowerIQ for iPhone 7 / 6s / Plus, iPad Pro / Air 2 / mini, LG, Nexus, HTC and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017JT6846/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_omNaAbRNQDGN2

There's a 4 port version of UUNetBill's Anker charger that's currently on sale at Amazon for just $19.49 (normally $25). Four should be enough for me, so I just bought one. Use promo code AAAA2142 to get the deal.

I got the 5-port model and between my personal phone, work phone, Apple Watch, iPad, and rechargeable battery packs and/or wireless headphones, I'm always right at the edge.

But I'm a bit more 'geek' than the average person, I guess.

As long as we are on the topic, can someone tell me how many outlets there are in an Explorer Concierge suite? I am looking for US style 110 volt and USB charging ports. Thanks.

I didn't count the US 110 volt outlets but there are not enough. It was because of these suites on Explorer that I purchased a new power strip. On the other hand, there are plenty of USB ports (also didn't count). Maybe someone onboard now can count them for you. There are USB ports on both sides of the bed which are convenient.

I didn't count the US 110 volt outlets but there are not enough. It was because of these suites on Explorer that I purchased a new power strip. On the other hand, there are plenty of USB ports (also didn't count). Maybe someone onboard now can count them for you. There are USB ports on both sides of the bed which are convenient.

They are not obvious but there is at least one 110 volt outlet underneath the nightstand/table on either side of the bed. There was no problem accessing them when plugging something into them.