most affordable way to cruise with my mother

demoiselle

I am interested in taking my mother (who is 75) on her first cruise this winter, someplace warmer than upstate NY. So far, I have only cruised with my husband, and we of course shared a cabin. That is probably not a good idea with my mother, who is an extreme introvert with a different sleeping pattern from me.

I am not an experienced cruiser, having only been on two in the past. Are there good ways to get deals for adjoining cabins, or are we doomed to pay more than 2x as much?

Cabins are priced on DOUBLE occupancy...so whatever the "per person" price is...double it for the cost of the cabin. That's just the way it is. Some ships have "studio" cabins, but they really aren't 1/2 the price of a standard cabin.

Don't limit your choices to "connecting" cabins, unless your mother is so infirm that you must have immediate access to her. A few cabins apart or across the hall should work nicely!

If you get an inside cabin on a ship with plenty of public lounges, you won't need to spend any time there at all. My sleeping pattern is entirely different from my mother's, but we easily manage to keep out of each other's way.