Changes to Club World Owners Suite Perks for 2018

papa B me

We will be sailing on the Journey next September in a Club World Owners Suite. This is our first Azamara cruise. I know that for next year they have changed the included excursion to a $300 OBC instead which is in my opinion a good change.

My question is does anyone know whether they are still going to do the Best of the Best private dinner next year? I can't seem to find it mentioned on the website unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

Are there any other changes to the perks that you are aware of?

On another note, I know that there is no difference in the included drink package for suites. Is it possible to only upgrade my package and my wife stay with the included package or do they require that both of us upgrade?

Thanks for your help.

I’m not aware of any other changes. The Best of the Best dinner isn’t a perk, it’s an invitation. Nobody should feel entitled to it.

It certainly wasn't a question of entitlement. When I was considering booking the owners suite and asking questions on this board many were very helpful in sharing what to expect with the ownere suite. I was told that the invitations(sorry I used the word perk) was given to these suites. So I was simply asking if anyone knew if they still were doing this dinner. Thank you for your reply

It certainly wasn't a question of entitlement. When I was considering booking the owners suite and asking questions on this board many were very helpful in sharing what to expect with the ownere suite. I was told that the invitations(sorry I used the word perk) was given to these suites. So I was simply asking if anyone knew if they still were doing this dinner. Thank you for your reply

AFAIK the BoB dinner has never been advertised . Just there as a nice invitation when on the ship. I don't see any reason for them to discontinue it. Regardless of the evening itself it is a great way for the Executive Chef and team to show off their skills.

Beverage packages are sold on a per person basis rather than per cabin, so yes, you could have a package and your wife not. No problem.

Phil

We're in the Owners Suite in April on the Quest and I asked an Azamara rep about the BoB dinner. Yes, they are still doing it. It is only for guests in the 10 large suites fore and aft on the ship. They couldn't tell me which night it would be, tho (it's held in the Library). We went to one years ago -- it is very nice! And, actually, I would call it a perk you receive for booking one of these suites.

Just returned from 25 days in 7119 on a B2B2B and yes BOB is still present and we enjoyed all 3...drink package upgrades are available individually...not per suite. One noted change is that now all glass container drinks in mini-bar are now being charged if consumed...not just the small bottle of wine, but anything in a glass container, i.e., beer, perrier, etc. Even if you have the ultimate drink package upgrade as we did.

Ridiculous if you ask me, especially for any suite and also when the competition does not seem to charge for similar items.

Exception is the complimentary alcohol provided which is a rum, scotch, gin, vodka

One noted change is that now all glass container drinks in mini-bar are now being charged if consumed...not just the small bottle of wine, but anything in a glass container, i.e., beer, perrier, etc. Even if you have the ultimate drink package upgrade as we did

For as long as I've cruised on Azamara and in whatever cabin type it's always been this way.

Phil

LOP- Thank you for the first hand experience. I will be in the same suite. I've read that the suites on deck 7 are preferred as there is no potential noise above you or below you from restaurants, patio's etc...

I have two cruises booked on two other lines in a top suite and its the same way with the mini bar. It really doesn't make sense that if you have the drinks package why they charge for items in the mini bar. I guess the answer is because they can.

• 2 weeks later...
For as long as I've cruised on Azamara and in whatever cabin type it's always been this way.

Phil

Well in our experience as we are always in either 7114 or 7119 (once in 6088) and as soon as last June 2016, the only glass bottled charge was for the wine going back to our first azamara in 2013...perhaps it has always been overlooked or a mistake in trips past as I can only attest to our experiences and this recent September/October 2017 trip was first time we had experienced the extra charges for ALL glass bottled beverages.

Not sure why the glass seems to dictate the charge as opposed to a can, but suspect someone in Miami does...ALTHOUGH in my sit down with the VP last year (when we missed seville due to engine trouble), this question came up and he did not have an answer as to why it was so.

Really not a big deal, just nonsensical.:confused:

LOP, I have cruised with Azamara since 2010 and it has always been the rule that the drinks in bottles in the fridge have been paid for items and definitely not free. That includes the beer and sparking water. Only the soda's in the cans in the fridge are free. If you drank some beer or Perrier from the fridge in the past and weren't charged for it then I think it may have been a mistake by Azamara. You were lucky!

Well in our experience as we are always in either 7114 or 7119 (once in 6088) and as soon as last June 2016, the only glass bottled charge was for the wine going back to our first azamara in 2013

I’ve been in all of those cabins and 6091and 7004 too and there has always been a charge. Maybe you just lucked out and had a nice butler! I can’t really answer as to why particular items are charged for either except there seems to be no system in place on the ship to record and replace alcoholic drinks free of charge for those that have the drinks package.

Phil