A few thoughts on the current Freedom cruise

Hokie79

Overall great ship and crew. Very friendly. Ship is clean and in good shape. We did Independence last year and the ships are very similar.

We saw the ice show on day 2 and they were good as usual. Both of my kids ice skate and love going to see the pros.

Adventure Ocean has been great too. Both of my girls have gone for at least a little but both days. We even ran into a staff member who was on Harmony with us earlier in the year.

We have a JS on the back and I really like these rooms on the Freedom ships. Large balconies and a good bit more room then a normal balcony.

Internet has been fast and good but has had a number of times where it was hard to even check email. Good though overall.

Would definitely recommend this ship. We are actually booked on it again next year once us goes down to San Juan.

Will add more comments as we go along.

Happy to try and answer questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you! Can you post the menu order? I'm trying to plan specialty dining for my cruise 12/17.

Have you received any invitations to any special events because you are in a JS?

Nothing special for JS except double points and larger room, bathroom and balcony. Extra large balcony being on the back. They did a Top Tier event yesterday but that was C&A not JS related.

Can’t add much for the dinner as we have not really taken the time to go to MDR this cruise yet.

Nothing special for JS except double points and larger room, bathroom and balcony. Extra large balcony being on the back. They did a Top Tier event yesterday but that was C&A not JS related.

Can’t add much for the dinner as we have not really taken the time to go to MDR this cruise yet.

Thank you. We're gold and will be platinum level C&A after this cruise, so I don't expect to get a Top Tier invitation. We're excited about the JS anyway.

We were surprised to be invited to the Top Tier event on Freedom in September. We are platinum and were in a JS. Not sure if it was the platinum or the JS that landed us the invite.

Top Tier is usually Platinum level and above.

What cabin did you have? We are sailing in January and the upgrade Fairy changed us to a JS, 7414.

Those are good cabins on the back. Quiet and extra large balcony. We did one on Independence last year and have one on Freedom.

How was embarkation? Any delays? What time did you arrive at the port?

It was fast for us. We got to the port at 10:45. Right before the ship opened up and walked right on at 11.

We did hear from others that came later that they had very long lines and took over and hour.

A few more comments. For those interested in Dreamworks characters, they have been very limited the last two days. I don’t think there was any today. There were maybe three or four on a sea day. No penguins or trolls to my daughters’ disappointment. I wish they would be around more then they are. Seems a bit of a waste for only a few appearances a day at most.

Christmas tree and other decorations showed up yesterday.

Great trip and great service. Would definitely take this ship again.