Merchandise returns from onboard stores??

rico

I bought a Seiko dive watch onboard the Valor in January 2007. It stopped working properly in March and I sent it to Seiko for warranty repair. It's now having the same problem as in March.

So, I contact Carnival and they refer me to Starboard Cruise Services. Starboard's website lists a one year unconditional guarantee and provides instructions for returning the item to them for a refund. I'm in the process of doing that now.

My question is.... has anyone here ever had to do that? And if you did, how was the service/experience?

I also purchased a ring a couple of years ago onboard. The stones started to fall out. I found the warranty papers from the purchase. I called them up, and they gave instructions to send the ring and all of the papers with it. I did make copies of the papers. I expected them to fix the ring or send me a duplicate. I was surprised when I recieved a check for the amount. It came very fast, less than 10 days from when I mailed it to them.

I was very happy with their fast service.

I do suggest you insure the watch for it's value before you send it back to them.

Oh, by the time I got around to calling them, It was 11 months after the purchase.

DW had some problems with the gold chain necklace she purchased on one cruise. We put it away and forgot about it, then she asked in the Jewlery shop on our next. They gave us the address and all, then said "but if you have it with you we would be happy to fix it for you." To make a long story short, we brought it on our next cruise and asked to have it repaired - they replaced it with a stronger chain & clasp at no charge. Smiles all around.

• 2 months later...

This is an old thread, but I'm posting my experience that prompted this thread in case anyone searches it for future reference.

I received my refund check from Starboard Cruise Services, no questions asked. The process itself was simple, but it wasn't quick.

DHL delivered my watch to them on 17 December. I received the refund check on 19 February.

They do indeed back their unconditional guarantee, but you need to be patient.

Archived