How to follow QV refit?

erniebernie

If you don't see her aft she still looks good!

Regardless of the work on her rear end she still looks more ship-shape than QE because she's not saddled with wearing that daft hat thing over her sports deck. Even my granny would have been embarrassed by something like that but somehow it got through.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On board now. Still waiting for luggage since boarding about 3 hours ago.

Deck 9 aft certainly has the wow factor now. Looks very different. Lots more awnings with tables and chairs neatly set out for eating. Hundreds of loungers and eight of those big round basket-type seats with cushions and a roof. Can't remember what they're called but sure to be very popular.

When we approached the ship in the car I got the impression that the shape at the new aft was more rounded than on the QE. Didn't seem to quite give the impression of a brick that that does.

Winter Garden looks different but I must say I don't like those new black metallic modern chairs. Very strange! Fortunately there are only a few of them. A big olive tree sits in the middle.

The future sales office is now situated in what used to be a shop on deck 2. The memorabilia cabinet in the middle has gone with just a couple of windows left at the side.

Our balcony cabin has new carpets and I think a new covering on the sofa. New balcony furniture too. We have a kettle etc same as on the QM2.

Only just returned from an extended holiday so I don't know if there are any similar photos of the QV posted on this forum or not, but here's a few of mine:

24qu5ue.jpg

34gow35.jpg

1zvx25h.jpg

Thank you for posting the photographs Ray, what was your overall impression of the refit ?

All good apart from teeny tiny Godiva pillow chocolates, no biscotti in the old CafeCarinthia/newChart Room (as on QM2) but at least you can still get free pastries and light lunches. I'm not sure why the Winter Garden needed refitting - it was okay as it was. There are now some dividers in the room and those silly (IMO) chairs.

We saw biscotti on last couple of days of the cruise, we just asked and got them. Think they were still finding their feet after refit and new concepts that were introduced. We just asked if we wanted something that wasn't obvious and we got with no trouble at all!