Liberty Itinerary Changes, Dec 3 sailing

txjim09

And the passes they are offering are for two days. I think I want to go for one day only. There really are a lot of things to do in Nassau. I too am disappointed about the changes but decided it is still a great and very inexpensive vacation.

The excursions being a 2 day pass"........ is this in the shore excursion section or did an email come about this.

TIA

We were on Liberty in early August 2016 when the ship was diverted to Nassau to avoid the Belize hurricane. Our stop in Nassau was only one day. We had a great cruise and would do it again. We were also on the 7 day Celebrity Summit cruise in April 2017 that got shortened to 4 days (and the previous week's cruise was cancelled) due to replacement of azipods on the ship. The Summit had to go into dry dock for 10 days in Freeport, Bahamas for that full replacement. You're lucky that the azipod repair is only 3 days for Liberty.

• 2 weeks later...
And the passes they are offering are for two days. I think I want to go for one day only. There really are a lot of things to do in Nassau. I too am disappointed about the changes but decided it is still a great and very inexpensive vacation.

There is also a one day pass to Atlantis for $169. It also includes lunch! I know one person said it was cheaper to book on the Atlantis website. It is $40 cheaper, but I think a lunch there might be quite expensive. The two day pass is $299 plus lunch on only one of your two day visit. They are both now posted in the shore excursions. Anyone eaten lunch at Atlantis? :D

Valerie

• 3 weeks later...
I wonder how many other ships will be getting this retrofit, or if they will just include in future dry docks.

I don’t mind rerouting once but don’t think I would like the possibility of a regular occurrence.

Which retrofit?

Has Liberty been sailing at slower speeds lately? Haven't seen any reports of suspected 'pod problems. What can you do with 'pods in Nassau that you can't do elsewhere? It's Freeport that has the big dry docks isn't it?

On our 10/01/17 sailing, Liberty was flying at 26 knots to get away from the storm approaching Cozumel. No speed problems. They are only replacing the seals in the azipod/s which can be done from the inside.

• 4 weeks later...
If it were mechanical and compromising passengers safety......They wouldn't wait until Dec!

Hi Charleyann,

I haven't been on Cruise Critics in a while but saw your name and remembered your son, Jacob, with CF. How is he doing? It looks like you are still cruising a lot. My husband and I are scheduled on Dec. 3 Freedom of the Seas to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Costa Maya.

My daughter with CF passed away on Jan. 20, 2015 at age 26. Keep cruising.

Eileen from Chicago.

Just to finish this tread, my wife and her cousin are on board, she reports that the ship is sold out and there are 574 children on board:eek:. Must be a lot of home schooled or kids pulled from school as we're not in any holiday period that I'm aware of.

Apparently Nassau is pretty popular once you cut the fare in half!:D

Just to finish this tread, my wife and her cousin are on board, she reports that the ship is sold out and there are 574 children on board:eek:. Must be a lot of home schooled or kids pulled from school as we're not in any holiday period that I'm aware of.

Apparently Nassau is pretty popular once you cut the fare in half!:D

Ship hasn’t left yet. Heard there were divers in the water.

9101726a17a16cf1c2ec85ccd28d93d1.jpg

Ship hasn’t left yet. Heard there were divers in the water.

9101726a17a16cf1c2ec85ccd28d93d1.jpg

They were told that the port was closed due to fog earlier today (port cams pretty much conformed that visibility was low) but the Port web site did not show any alerts. 8:00 was the latest reported ETD.

Yes, and if you scoot down that page you can see where the locals are talking. About the divers.

Just got the "Bye, we're suppose to be leaving soon" call from my wife and she confirmed that one of the delay update announcements did indeed mention divers. An 8:00 departure confirmation announcement was heard recently, we'll see!

• 3 weeks later...