Hotels?

parttimr

Yes this does have tennis nearby and yes it's $105. I'm going to give it a shot tonight. Let's hope it works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You should be good. Another thing I noticed...where it says 2000+ trip advisor reviews...the only Hotwire 4* in that area with 2000+ trip advisor reviews is Hilton Riverside.

Do you have any other suggestions for Aug 11? And are you as familiar w Priceline as well?

Your opinion on the New Orleans Marriott French Quarter-Canal St? I believe in Priceline I can get it fairly cheap.

Do you have any other suggestions for Aug 11? And are you as familiar w Priceline as well?

Your opinion on the New Orleans Marriott French Quarter-Canal St? I believe in Priceline I can get it fairly cheap.

If you're looking near the port, That 3.5* Warehouse District with 85% recommendation for $113 would be the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center...Which is right next to the Fulton Place Garage where a lot of us park and catch the shuttle to the port. I don't know if you're parking a car or not.

I don't use priceline often. It looks like that $84 express deal in the Convention Center and Warhouse-Arts District is probably Loews, which is very close to hilton riverside. I've never stayed at the Marriot on Canal, but I haven't heard anything bad from the people who have. You'd be close to the French Quarter but not as close to the port.

Looking at google maps it shows walking from Omni Riverfront Hotel to the cruiseport is only 8 minutes - but is it doable?

Judy

Omni is directly across the street from the mall where people to the port from Hilton Riverside.. What you would do is just walk across the street through that parking lot. And there's a covered escalator going up into the mall. Once in the mall just walk straight ahead to the doors on the outside the food court and take a right. That will take you to the port.

I've also heard people say you can avoid going in the mall and just walk along the streetcar tracks between the mall and convention center.

d65a43e7e32fea3c61644b4ec1e213da.jpg

For anyone who is wondering how the construction on bourbon street and in front of Royal Sonesta is looking..here are a couple of David Mora photos from this morning.

Royal Sonesta is on the right with the blue awning.

36459165ffb434d859587d1973fd841b.jpg

One block back

898a3126ec26c6b9fb1b6300c579e9e6.jpg

I was down there last week and the first block of Bourbon is complete and looks good.

Saint Greg - thanks for all the information you have given everyone. I have just one question. We are hoping to do a cruise out of NOLA when the Breakaway is there. Prior to that, I am planning a visit in March. Since we will not be cruising this trip and getting to the port is a non-issue. where would you recommend we stay? I have never been to NOLA before, so I know nothing but what I have read on this thread. We will be flying in and not renting a car. French Quarter? Garden District? Thanks!

Saint Greg - thanks for all the information you have given everyone. I have just one question. We are hoping to do a cruise out of NOLA when the Breakaway is there. Prior to that, I am planning a visit in March. Since we will not be cruising this trip and getting to the port is a non-issue. where would you recommend we stay? I have never been to NOLA before, so I know nothing but what I have read on this thread. We will be flying in and not renting a car. French Quarter? Garden District? Thanks!

I'd try to stay in or near the French Quarter. Get a streetcar pass and you can go all over.

I'd try to stay in or near the French Quarter. Get a streetcar pass and you can go all over.

I found a decent rate for the Omni Royal Crescent, but that comes up as being in the Central Business District, is this close to the French Quarter, walkable? Thanks.

I found a decent rate for the Omni Royal Crescent, but that comes up as being in the Central Business District, is this close to the French Quarter, walkable? Thanks.

Yeah you're like two blocks away from Canal Street. Four blocks from Bourbon Street. Hey if you're looking for a good place to eat breakfast. Right around the corner on Magazine Street...Check out the Ruby Slipper.

https://www.therubyslippercafe.net/

I have never booked anything thru Hotwire. I guess I would be more at easy booking something somewhat refundable.

In that case I would book Bienville House. It's in the French Quarter on Decatur Street. You can get their Deluxe Double room for $178 if you pay in full now and it's fully refundable up until 3/21. You also get free breakfast there.

https://www.hotels.com/ho115110/?PSRC=TR01&cur=USD&locale=en_US&mpa=675.43&mpb=114.37&mpd=USD&mpe=1509214890&mph=0&pos=HCOM_US&q-check-in=2018-03-24&q-check-out=2018-03-28&q-room-0-adults=2&q-rooms=1&rateplanid=203902625&rffrid=mdp.hcom.US.011.387.02.42&trv_curr=USD&trv_dp=169&wapa4=115110#rooms-and-rates-anchor

Edited by Saint Greg

I was actually just looking at that hotel at this moment. It comes up in a package deal though AAvacations. Others that keep showing up in my searches are Maison Dupuy Hotel, Prince Conti Hotel and Hotel St. Marie. Any thoughts on any of those? Thank you for all your help.

I was actually just looking at that hotel at this moment. It comes up in a package deal though AAvacations. Others that keep showing up in my searches are Maison Dupuy Hotel, Prince Conti Hotel and Hotel St. Marie. Any thoughts on any of those? Thank you for all your help.

I stayed at Maison Dupuy one night last November. It was pretty good. I haven't stayed at Prince Conti or St. Marie but I know they are both on side streets between Bourbon and Dauphine. All three have 4-Stars on Trip Advisor so you'd probably be good with any of them.

I stayed at Maison Dupuy one night last November. It was pretty good. I haven't stayed at Prince Conti or St. Marie but I know they are both on side streets between Bourbon and Dauphine. All three have 4-Stars on Trip Advisor so you'd probably be good with any of them.

Probably going to go with Maison Dupuy or Bienville House. Thanks!!

Saint Greg, first of all thanks for taking the time to help us out of towners. We just booked the Le Richelieu for our January cruise. How did we do? Thanks.

I've never stayed at that one. That's deep in the French Quarter. It has four stars on Trip Advisor so it should be good. Only a couple blocks from Frenchman Street. You'll want to check that out.