When will 2019 post-world cruise itineraries open up?

Whirled Peas

I plan to retire in the summer of 2019 and my husband says that, because he is so grateful that I agreed to keep working until I am nearly 63, he actually will join me on a Cunard cruise shortly after I say goodbye to work! I never thought this day would come. He doesn't like cruises much (unless he can jet ski, zip line or win the belly flop contest), and he likes dressing up even less (unless you consider wearing his "nice" pair of swim trunks dressing up). So I have taken to doing my Cunard cruises with girlfriends/female family members. I am so excited to have him dress in a tux and use the proper fork at dinner that I can't wait to see what Cunard has to offer for the summer of 2019! Do any of you have a sense of how long I will be kept in suspense?

The 2019 World Cruise itinerary will be announced sometime between April and July of 2018. They have been fluctuating their announcement months the last few years.

Jonathan

I think you meant 2017. Listening to gossip, the rest of the 2019 itineraries could be released in August, possibly September.

I think you meant 2017. Listening to gossip, the rest of the 2019 itineraries could be released in August, possibly September.

Yes, that sounds about right. Last year the 2018 post-world voyage schedule was officially announced on September 6, 2016, but quite a bit of the schedule could be found earlier during August, 2016 posted on some cruise booking web sites. No guarantee the timing will be the same this year in 2017 for the announcement of the 2019 post-world voyage schedule, but I think an August-September time frame is about the best we have to go on at this point.

Regards,

John

The 2019 World Cruise itinerary will be announced sometime between April and July of 2018. They have been fluctuating their announcement months the last few years.

Jonathan

The 2019 world cruise and grand voyage itineraries are already available.

Thanks for the input. I will be on QM2 Aug. 31- Sept. 7 this year. Sounds like there is a pretty good chance that the itineraries will be available by then and I might be able to book onboard and get an OBC! At a minimum, I will buy the future cruise deposit during that sailing.

PLEASE NOTE:

QM2 Cabin categories change yet again for 2019 voyages.

Please see the 2019 deck plans shown on the Cunard website.

http://www.cunard.com/cruise-ships/queen-mary-2/

Scroll to the bottom of the page to find this:

http://www.cunard.com/Documents/2019-deck-plans/QM2-deck-plans-2019.pdf

What do they mean by cabin categories changing? Surely a cabin is a cabin is a cabin :confused:

Actually, I am thinking of giving the QV a whirl on my summer, 2019 cruise depending on itineraries. (I will be taking only my second Cunard cruise, on the QM2 same as the first, in a few months.) Having reviewed the threads about her refit and watched what Cunard has offered up about it. I am curious to check out the new penthouse suites on the aft. As best I can make out, these lovely suites with the large aft balconies used to be Q5 and now they are Q3 or 4 penthouses with a separate bedroom area. Does that sound right? I was sorry that the 22 minute Cunard video of the refit didn't include a peek at these suites. If anyone does travel in them soon, please post photos and a review.