Magnifica

cockneyjock

Thanks for the pics Bea! getting excited now, we're in 10127 - looking forward to trying a different ship in the fleet

We're boarding Splendida on the same day, so I get your excitement! :) Have you sailed on a Musica-class ship at all, or is it just that you hadn't been on Magnifica before?

You may remember that I did a review of Magnifica, Tim - we were on her last September. Here's a link in case anyone else is interested (I know you read it at the time):

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2553610&highlight=Magnifica+review

You'll need to jump a lot of posts as the review was very rudely interrupted by a storm that left us without power (and water - we have our own well) for 3 days, so the thread derailed for a bit. :D

There are photos of the menus and food we enjoyed, though apparently they may be redundant after April if the announcement that MSC are changing their menus comes to pass. :rolleyes:

Will you report back and let us know if you noticed any changes in the menus, please? They may come into effect on your cruise. With your MSC experience, you'll see the difference if there is one.

Thanks Bea, yes I do remember your review from the time :cool::cool:- we've not sailed any of the Musica class yet, but have another one booked :)

I think you'll enjoy Magnifica. It's a lovely-sized ship.

I was just checking thru' some notes I've made for our Splendida cruise and came across the recipes for 2 cocktails you recommended - Black Forest martini and Oriental martini. Looking forward to trying them out.;p

I think you'll enjoy Magnifica. It's a lovely-sized ship.

I was just checking thru' some notes I've made for our Splendida cruise and came across the recipes for 2 cocktails you recommended - Black Forest martini and Oriental martini. Looking forward to trying them out.;p

Yes it really does look lovely and a great size

Bea, as a side note, we've not done YC before and have one upcoming in a couple of weeks. Is it premium drinks outside of the YC? ie can we have the items with one* ?

Yes it really does look lovely and a great size

Bea, as a side note, we've not done YC before and have one upcoming in a couple of weeks. Is it premium drinks outside of the YC? ie can we have the items with one* ?

Yes, that's right, Tim. Deluxe (premium) package for outside the enclave with your favourite (not) champagne, IIRC.

6fd195ea378cdd6d1732bd0d37be97d3.jpg

Hope you enjoy YC. What ship are you on? We're doing YC on Splendida in 10 days - can't wait!

We'll be on the Fantasia - my favourite! for the grand voyage from Barbados.

Re the menus - we're only onboard for 2 nights, just a mini cruise but i'm sure I'll notice - hopefully we can have the black card freebie at lunch

On Magnifica? I don't think the Oriental Plaza opens for lunch, Tim? I'll check tomorrow to see if I have any dailies which would show opening times.

Fantasia is the only ship that we haven't been in YC on (apart from Seaside). Ours is a Grand Voyage, too. First time we'll be in YC for more than 7 nights. We are uber-excited about it!

not to worry, we will find out in a little over a week, don't worry digging through things to find it Bea :)

I'm guessing on the 2 nighter there will be a gala after the sea day. There's a large contingent of travel agents due on it I believe so they may want to showcase the ship, but who knows.

Have a wonderful time on Splendida!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a favor to ask of someone on the Magnifica in May...if you're in the spa area, would you please check the cost of a cruise-length thermal area pass for one and two people? I can prebook online for one person (US$65) or two individually, but I think on board there's a reduced price for two. Thank you and happy cruising!

I have a favor to ask of someone on the Magnifica in May...if you're in the spa area, would you please check the cost of a cruise-length thermal area pass for one and two people? I can prebook online for one person (US$65) or two individually, but I think on board there's a reduced price for two. Thank you and happy cruising!

We are on 23rd April, I'll try and remember to find out for you,

Julie

80040e0a06c2a48bf104ad883b763157.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk