Beach metal detecting ?

DonnyF

I love beach metal detecting and would like to know if I could bring my metal detector on the ship to use at any of the Caribbean beaches or cruise lines beaches ?

You need to check with the various countries because it is not lawful to use them in some places.

I think it likely okay for you to bring your detector onto the ship, but again, check in advance.

Of course in the back of every beachcomber’s mind is that Spanish emerald encrusted cross, gold ingots or just pile of coins.waiting to be discovered.

The lucky person who finds something should try to be at least roughly aware of the local treasure trove lores before trying to pocket anything.

From what I read metal detecting "is allowed without any restrictions" in Caribbean Islands.

What kind of stuff do you typically find?

It would be helpful if you could provide links for this material.

I love beach metal detecting and would like to know if I could bring my metal detector on the ship to use at any of the Caribbean beaches or cruise lines beaches ?

Depends on the island, and the cruise lines. Some cruise lines do not allow metal detectors to be brought onboard.

Some islands do not allow it, others allow it, but you can't keep what you find, others, you can do it and what you find is yours.

Can you be more specific as to cruise line/islands that you are asking about?

My BIL took his metal detector to a NYC park one day and found a charm from a bracelet with the name Gloria. He went a bit further and found and charm reading Gloria ,a bit further and a 3rd Gloria charm to which he proclaimed "Every married man must have a girlfriend named Gloria.

He too his metal detector on every cruise .Enjoy.

If this goes into checked baggage, I can guarantee you will have to go to security to claim the bag. It will be up to the security team if this"electronic device" will be allowed.

From what I read metal detecting "is allowed without any restrictions" in Caribbean Islands.

What kind of stuff do you typically find?

????

Inquiry

To say all Caribbean islands is a very big statement as that includes mANY countries. Could you share the authority that states that, please.

????

Inquiry

To say all Caribbean islands is a very big statement as that includes mANY countries. Could you share the authority that states that, please.

I was curious so did a little research. A metal detector blog site has a list of restrictions (or not) by country/region. It is md-hunter.com. Some countries like China or Cuba restrict it outright. Many others allow usage with some restrictions (such as not to be used for archaeological artifacts or allowed only on beaches). Then others allow use without restriction.

The following is what is stated:

"Caribbean islands. Metal detecting is allowed without any restrictions."

Of course anything you read on blog is TO be taken as absolute fact. :D :D

If it was an issue that matters to me at all , I would identify that 'blog' by name and do a whole lot more research. ;) I think it Wrong. ;D

OP. please do . More research to avoid getting yourself in trouble while in a foreign country. .

I was curious so did a little research. A metal detector blog site has a list of restrictions (or not) by country/region. It is md-hunter.com. Some countries like China or Cuba restrict it outright. Many others allow usage with some restrictions (such as not to be used for archaeological artifacts or allowed only on beaches). Then others allow use without restriction.

Isn’t Cuba considered a Caribbean island?

REAlly :rolleyes: what kind of authority is this ?:D

Is this sufficient to satisfy the question? No, of course not.

Who are you quoting? What is this person's authority? sigh.

REAlly :rolleyes: what kind of authority is this ?:D

Is this sufficient to satisfy the question? No, of course not.

Who are you quoting? What is this person's authority? sigh.

I guess it was a slow day for some. :D:D

Op, I think it best to check with the specific places you want to visit specifically for their laws regarding use of a metal detector. If it were me I would also confirm that I could bring it on the cruise ship.

Hope it works out for you.