Explorer Single Cabin Information

Looking for information regarding single cabins on explorer. Have reserved cabin 5037, this is an outside single. I had heard that some of the singles had upper berths in them, so I asked when I reserved the cabin and was advised that it did not.

I have since checked on line and found deck plans from when this was the Celebrity Galaxy and Mien Scheif and these both show 5037 as being a 4 berth (2 upper berths).

As this is my first time as a solo cruiser, I am not to keen on having the upper berths in the cabin, knowing that TUI have moved passengers as they could fill a 4 berth. I reserved this cabin as I want to be on deck 5 and don’t want to arrive at the ship and find I have been moved to deck 4.

So can I ask has any one stayed in 5037 or any other deck 5 outside that does not have upper berths. Also any other information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was in 5033 recently, it was a 2 berth with a double bed, no upper berths. Otherwise it was a standard outside double with picture window, free safe, fridge, tea making facilities and a good bathroom with a shower door! plenty of storage space. nice and quiet as well apart from the normal air conditioning hum. the steward was a bit iffy, he kept the cabin very clean but had his own schedule and ignored the 'please tidy my cabin' notice in the door.

I asked about the cabins being given to families of 3 or 4 and was told as they are designated as singles on the ships manifest putting more than 1 passenger in there would mean the ship was over capacity.

Touch wood, in 20 Marella cruises I have never been bumped into a different cabin.

I have 2 more Explorer cruises booked and not bothered to reserve a specific cabin.

People have reported that deck 4 cabins forward in the ship are also good.