Cortrans or GoPortCanaveral?

safulton79

I am looking for suggestions for transportation to and from MCO - Port. We arrive at 8:30 the morning of our cruise. I have been trying to decide between Cortrans or GoPortCanaveral.com. They seem to be much cheaper than going through Carnival and offer more options for arrival/departures. Can anyone help with which would be our best opiton. There will be 5 adults on the trip.

I am looking for suggestions for transportation to and from MCO - Port. We arrive at 8:30 the morning of our cruise. I have been trying to decide between Cortrans or GoPortCanaveral.com.....

What are the deciding factors? Price? Times? What exactly are you trying to decide about?

Private transportation/shuttle is always cheaper than the cruise line. For five of you, you are already looking at over $100.00 using a shuttle service - maybe rent a car? That is often discussed here on the Florida board. Five adults and luggage, or family with children?

Flying in the morning of your cruise? Pray that your flight is on time, forget about renting a car one way, and pick the shuttle that works for your budget/schedule - Cortrans, Coco Beach Shuttle or Go Port Canaveral.

Flying in the morning of your cruise? Pray that your flight is on time, forget about renting a car one way, and pick the shuttle that works for your budget/schedule - Cortrans, Coco Beach Shuttle or Go Port Canaveral.

Yes we are flying in the morning of the cruise. There are sometimes when schedules and life don't permit flying in before. Our flight leaves our hometown at 6:00 AM so if it happens to be delayed for some reason I feel we will be ok. The people we are with always fly in on the day the cruise.

What are the deciding factors? Price? Times? What exactly are you trying to decide about?

Private transportation/shuttle is always cheaper than the cruise line. For five of you, you are already looking at over $100.00 using a shuttle service - maybe rent a car? That is often discussed here on the Florida board. Five adults and luggage, or family with children?

Yes it is 5 adults and luggage. We are just looking for the most budget freindly option, but reliable. I am leaning toward Cortrans.

• 4 months later...
I've read people's reviews regarding cash payment but Cortrans sent an invoice for the full round trip cost for pickup at our hotel and return to the Airport. Is this something new? Just checking.

Neither my wife nor myself uses cash for anything in life, ever. Cortrans takes plastic and you pay when they pick you up. They use Square to process payments .

Actually Cortrans is asking for payment up front. Payment by Nov 18th. Our trip isn't until Nov 24th

There's no option in the email to pay cash upon pickup.

We booked round trip. One from hotel to Port, and port to airport.

FYI we are Canadians..not Americans

Actually Cortrans is asking for payment up front. Payment by Nov 18th. Our trip isn't until Nov 24th

There's no option in the email to pay cash upon pickup.

We booked round trip. One from hotel to Port, and port to airport.

FYI we are Canadians..not Americans

Oh wow, maybe it's because you're from Canada? I don't know. Here's the email I got from them the last time that we used them which was back in May.

2luov47.png

Since I don't like shuttles and don't take them, I would book a town car and get to the port comfortably.:)

Not sure about a town car for 5 with luggage for $100 or less but you have a very valid point!

Cortans = $20 x 5 = $100 and it is a shared van

Goportcanaveral = $85 for a very comfortable bus with plenty of legroom and a check-in desk at the airport and at the port terminal when returning

UberXL - $85 for a very reliable private transfer in case you want to stop and buy wine, etc.

I agree that Cortrans is super reliable but sometimes the math shows better value to be achieved elsewhere?

Edited by SteerageJoe

• 3 weeks later...