Room with a view!

cruznliz

We'll be needing 3 hotel rooms for the night before our cruise in March 2019. DH and I stayed in Fort Lauderdale once many years ago and had a view of the port. Unfortunately I can't remember the name or where it was. Can anyone recommend a good hotel that's not too expensive? :eek::eek::eek:

We'll be needing 3 hotel rooms for the night before our cruise in March 2019. DH and I stayed in Fort Lauderdale once many years ago and had a view of the port. Unfortunately I can't remember the name or where it was. Can anyone recommend a good hotel that's not too expensive? :eek::eek::eek:

Maybe this map will help.

https://www.google.com/maps/@26.1025813,-80.1209361,16.25z

BTW, in March, you will be very challenged to find anything close to the port that's "not too expensive". You're looking at $300 or more per night.

Don't wait to reserve.

You might want to try Hyatt Place using www.valuetrips.com

Lots of threads on hotels.

I understand your desire of seeing your ship arriving into Port. There is also another view that is worth considering: the before dawn line-up of ships entering Port Everglades that is visible from an oceanfront room near the Port's entrance. I had such at the Marriott Harbor Beach. The ships, fully lighted, lined up and arriving one at a time was quite a sight. And, if you are there when the ships sail in the afternoon, more good views.

Several years ago we were sailing on the Allure of the Seas on a Sunday. We got a really great price at the Ritz and stayed there for 2 nights before our cruise. On Saturday we were on the pool deck at the hotel which as I recall was about 2 miles from the entrance to Port Everglades We were able to watch the towering Oasis of the Seas leaving the port and got some great photos from a distance. Made us that much more excited to be cruising out on her sister ship the next day. b7c951eec16c1edda5d8d7a188b78d70.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums