Upgrade from SailAway fare to Haven ... Free at Sea and Double Points?

imdamama

Hi all!

We got a bid accepted to upgrade from a Sail Away fare to a Haven Penthouse for the 22 Sep Alaska sailing on the Bliss.

Because it was initially a Sail Away booking, we weren't eligible for any "Free at Sea" promotions. Hoping someone might know if we might get any of those perks with the upgrade.

Also wondering if anyone knows if we'll get our double Latitudes points since we're now in the Haven?

I'm sure someone has navigated these waters before. We've never won an upgrade bid so I'm clueless.

Thanks so much!

Imda

From NCL site, appears Haven/Suite would have had to be elected at time of reservation:

"Ways To Earn Rewards Points

Earn 1 point for every cruise night.

Earn 1 additional point per night for booking in a Suite* or in The Haven.

Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a*Latitudes Rewards Insider Offer.

*Full fare suites booked when reservation was originally made. Does not include mini-suites."

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Hi all!

We got a bid accepted to upgrade from a Sail Away fare to a Haven Penthouse for the 22 Sep Alaska sailing on the Bliss.

Because it was initially a Sail Away booking, we weren't eligible for any "Free at Sea" promotions. Hoping someone might know if we might get any of those perks with the upgrade.

Also wondering if anyone knows if we'll get our double Latitudes points since we're now in the Haven?

I'm sure someone has navigated these waters before. We've never won an upgrade bid so I'm clueless.

Thanks so much!

Imda

No free at sea perks and no double points. Only thing you get extra is the haven benefits that come with staying in the haven.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wonder if you booked a balcony and before final payment you switched to a suite if you earn the reward points for the suite. Not talking that you bid on the suite, but you changed your reservation before final payment. Do they cancel your old reservation and make a new one?

Congratulations on your upgrade acceptance.

If you don’t mind me asking, what was your bid level and when was it accepted? I’m on your sailing and put in a, “strong” level bid that wasn’t accepted for that category. We are in a sail away mini suite.

Have a wonderful vacation! Excited to finally try a big new ship.

No free at sea perks. You WILL get double points.

I don't think they will.

We were lucky enough to put in a successful upgrade bid on the Bliss TA. We went from an Inside to a Balcony, I know neither of these get double points, however, on checking my latitudes past cruise details on our return home the cruise showing was an Inside cabin as initially booked. The points are awarded on the original booking not on the upgrade even if it was to a Haven Suite

Correct... sail away rate does not include any promotions; not even the latitudes past guest offer, which gives an additional point per night, and some OBC. They would have to book a fare which includes the free at sea perks. When they say the sail away doesn't include ANY promotions, they aren't kidding.

Just did a last minute cruise on Dawn. If I had booked a fare where I could choose my own cabin, I would have gotten the past guest offer, but since I booked a sail away fare, I did not get the extra point.

I wonder if you booked a balcony and before final payment you switched to a suite if you earn the reward points for the suite. Not talking that you bid on the suite, but you changed your reservation before final payment. Do they cancel your old reservation and make a new one?

IF you pay for an upgrade you get new perks, whether it is before or after final payment.