Just took a Moveover Offer

NjoyNmytime

For this we received all our cruise fare back + $200 extra on board credit per person.

If it has not been explained, the cruise fare will be in the form of refundable on board credit. What you do not use while on the ship will be sent to you as a check several weeks after the cruise ends. It may come in an envelope that looks like junk mail, so be sure to examine all mail you receive.

We are totally inexperienced cruisers so I'm a little nervous about this but it's a done deal. Taking the Caribbean Princess on 9/28 and just received a call. Going from a balcony on Lido to an obstructed view on Emerald. For this we received all our cruise fare back + $200 extra on board credit per person. Now we are going to pray hard we can get onboard in enough time to book the sanctuary for all or part of this cruise! Hope I didn't make a mistake.

Awesome deal!!!! Congrats!

Did you originally book through a travel agency or direct with Princess? How did they notify you?

In my case, I booked thru a travel agent. The agent both e-mailed and called me as she wanted to be sure that I didn't miss out on the offer. Princess sent an e-mail to the TA, so that was the e-mail she forwarded to me.

We are totally inexperienced cruisers so I'm a little nervous about this but it's a done deal. Taking the Caribbean Princess on 9/28 and just received a call. Going from a balcony on Lido to an obstructed view on Emerald. For this we received all our cruise fare back + $200 extra on board credit per person. Now we are going to pray hard we can get onboard in enough time to book the sanctuary for all or part of this cruise! Hope I didn't make a mistake.

I would get to the port early, maybe around 10:30 so that you would be in one of the first groups to get on the ship. Good luck in booking the spa!! :cool:

Good for you!

TO posters above--this isn't a new thing. We got a similar offer in 2016 except that we didn't get the $200. We got full refund of our cruise fare' date=' which was a huge amount since this was a Japan cruise!

It is normally called a "step down" offer. A move over usually means a move to a different cruise, and is usually an even better offer. Move over is typically a free cruise plus full refund on the cruise you are giving up![/quote']

I didn't know what it was called to be honest. Thanks! The word Moveover was how it shows the on board credit

I would take this in a heartbeat. Congratulations on your free cruise and extra OBC! :D

You didn't say what cabin you have been assigned but you can probably find a picture of the obstruction on renmar's excellent site. https://sites.google.com/site/caribbeanemeralddeck/home

If you have one of the cabins where crew are likely to be outside the window sometimes be sure not to wander around naked with the curtains open. :D

Ha. I'm making sure my 70 year old mom knows this!

In my case' date=' I booked thru a travel agent. The agent both e-mailed and called me as she wanted to be sure that I didn't miss out on the offer. Princess sent an e-mail to the TA, so that was the e-mail she forwarded to me.[/quote']

When I got my offers I had booked directly with Princess. This time I booked with huge online TA that has a history of not passing on upgrade or other notices.

I would get to the port early, maybe around 10:30 so that you would be in one of the first groups to get on the ship. Good luck in booking the spa!! :cool:

Thank you! We originally planned to board around noon but that was when we were skipping the Sanctuary. I was trying to decide what time now. I think we will arrive at 10:30 and keep our fingers crossed.

Thank you! We originally planned to board around noon but that was when we were skipping the Sanctuary. I was trying to decide what time now. I think we will arrive at 10:30 and keep our fingers crossed.

What port are you sailing out of? LA usually starts boarding Elites at noon.

In April out of Ft. Lauderdale, we got to the terminal about 11 and were able to board as soon as we had checked in. We were told that cabins wouldn't be available till 1, but our room was ready when we got there--we dropped our carry on bags and went to lunch.

The walk on wasn't a status issue. There was no line waiting either to check in or to board. Nice.

OP

I read this thread yesterday and was so happy for you.

Today I got a call from Princess asking me if I wanted the same offer as you. They have really over sold balcony cabins. I jumped at it, I can sail now and use the refund for another cruise for our Anniversary in March. I know we will not spend much on board so we will get a nice check in 4 weeks.

We sail Friday out of Fort Lauderdale. - free cruise too, yea

OP

Today I got a call from Princess asking me if I wanted the same offer as you. They have really over sold balcony cabins. I jumped at it, I can sail now and use the refund for another cruise for our Anniversary in March. I know we will not spend much on board so we will get a nice check in 4 weeks.

That is wonderful!!! Congratulations, & enjoy!!

OP

Did you book directly with Princess or with a travel agent?

OP

So glad it worked out for you. Enjoy your free cruise!