2014 Deployment Thread

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Just so we're ready to "hit the ground running"... when Azamara decides to release their 2014 schedule, I thought it best to start a 2014 Deployment thread. As news becomes available, Bill & I will keep our community updated with the latest information.

If you have questions, please post them here. I cannot promise answers at this point, but I kindly ask to use this thread only, so we can keep things tidy.

Thanks very much !

Hi Everyone,

Just so we're ready to "hit the ground running"... when Azamara decides to release their 2014 schedule, I thought it best to start a 2014 Deployment thread. As news becomes available, Bill & I will keep our community updated with the latest information.

If you have questions, please post them here. I cannot promise answers at this point, but I kindly ask to use this thread only, so we can keep things tidy.

Thanks very much !

Hi Andy - Thanks for starting the thread! Looking forward to the 2014 Deployment.

Charlie

as someone who has 2 cruises in july and 10 more in 2013 I am counting the days for the winter 2014 cruises.

maybe the other threads should be locked so it will be easier to find this one.. thanks!

Hello,

I thought it might be good to capture this message from Bill on this thread, as it's original thread is now closed...

---------------------

Hello Tabatha1 -

Before I share with you the answer that I think you want to hear, I must preface my response with the disclaimer that our 2014 itinerary plans are still a "work-in-progress" and what I share with you below is SUBJECT TO CHANGE!

Our initial plan is to offer Panama Canal transits on the Azamara Quest in 2014:

 Miami to Caldera, Costa Rica: 05 Jan 2014, 10 nights

 Caldera to Miami: 03 March 2014, 12 nights with overnight in New Orleans

We appreciate your desire to vacation with Azamara and perhaps these offerings, once approved, will provide us with the opportunity to welcome you onboard!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

I never read that Bill closed any threads.. he does not even know where his ships is going. Andy was smart enough to close two threads and make one on 2014.

This way all the loyal Azaamra guests and i hope future new ones can get info as fast as it comes out.

I for one want the jan 2014 cruise to CR. .i beleive that will give me new ports of call that winter to enjoy my weeks of cruising.

I never read that Bill closed any threads.. he does not even know where his ships is going. Andy was smart enough to close two threads and make one on 2014.

This way all the loyal Azaamra guests and i hope future new ones can get info as fast as it comes out.

[/color]

I never said Bill closed the thread. Host Any understandably wants one thread regarding 2014. So, I could not respond on the other thread (started before this one)... and just referencing my response.....

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Memorial Day , all! I for one am grateful that my son is home form his US Marine deployment in Afganistan recently. I pray for all those still serving there.

My question is, will Azamara think about returning to the wonderful little island of Mayreau! I was on Journey in November, 2012 and it was a wonderful stop. Only 300 residents on this little island and Azamara hosted a wonderful picnic lunch on the beach, which had a nice set up with a shelter or two and restrooms. Water, beach and view were marvelous. I don't see it on the itinerary for the Caribbean now. Azamara also had a few ship excursions to neighboring islands and I did take the morning one to snorkel and see the island where Johnny Depp was stranded in one of his Pirate movies. All those tall palm trees!That sailing on November 27 had a great itinerary Maybe Bill L. can address this or at least note that this island should be considered again.

Happy Memorial Day , all! I for one am grateful that my son is home form his US Marine deployment in Afganistan recently. I pray for all those still serving there.

My question is, will Azamara think about returning to the wonderful little island of Mayreau! I was on Journey in November, 2012 and it was a wonderful stop. Only 300 residents on this little island and Azamara hosted a wonderful picnic lunch on the beach, which had a nice set up with a shelter or two and restrooms. Water, beach and view were marvelous. I don't see it on the itinerary for the Caribbean now. Azamara also had a few ship excursions to neighboring islands and I did take the morning one to snorkel and see the island where Johnny Depp was stranded in one of his Pirate movies. All those tall palm trees!That sailing on November 27 had a great itinerary Maybe Bill L. can address this or at least note that this island should be considered again.

Hello Tango9 -

Thank you for wishing the Azamara community forum a Happy Memorial Day on this US holiday in which we remember and honor all those who have served and sacrificed in defense of our nation.

Congratulations on your son's return from Afghanistan and I'm sure we want to express our appreciation for his service and courage while being in "harm's way" and for your family's endurance during this stressful period!

Now to the sublime! I'll check with our itinerary planner about our 2014 deployment plans and then report back if Mayreau will be on our destination-immersion menu.

We'll join with you in forwarding our thoughts and prayers for the safety of all our military still serving in Afghanistan.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hello Tango9 -

Although our itinerary planner, Claudius, agrees that Mayreau is a "lovely spot," there are no plans to include a call in 2014 because of its distance and its impact on the timing available for other ports of call offered within the itinerary.

The island is located far, deep down in the Antilles and a long way to get back which is the reason why we cannot include it as often as we would like.

Perhaps we've planted a seed for the following year....

Thanks Andy, for keeping us on track with 2014 itineraries!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello to Quest's March 26, 2012 Guests -

I'm pleased to announce the "good news" that Larry Pimentel has re-scheduled the same 17-night itinerary to operate in 2014! The Azamara Journey will sail from Hong Kong to Singapore, on March 17, 2014. At this time our 2014 itinerary deployments are under development and unavailable for booking, but you can count on its operation.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Can someone post the March 26, 2012 itinerary on Quest that is scheduled to be the March 17, 2014 itinerary on Journey. I understand there could be some changes. Did this include the Philippines?

Can someone post the March 26, 2012 itinerary on Quest that is scheduled to be the March 17, 2014 itinerary on Journey. I understand there could be some changes. Did this include the Philippines?

Mon, Mar 26 Hong Kong, China Depart 5:00 PM

Tue, Mar 27 At Sea

Wed, Mar 28 Manila, Phillipines Docked Arrive 8:00 AM

Thu, Mar 29 Manila, Phillipines Docked Depart 1:00 PM

Fri, Mar 30 At Sea

Sat, Mar 31 At Sea

Sun, Apr 01 Balikpapan(Borneo),Indonesia Tendered Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 7:00 PM

Mon, Apr 02 At Sea

Tue, Apr 03 Palapo (Sulawesi), Indonesia Docked Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 10:00 PM

Wed, Apr 04 At Sea

Thu, Apr 05 Komodo, Indonesia Tendered Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 4:00 PM

Fri, Apr 06 Benoa, Bali, Indonesia Docked Arrive 1:00 PM

Sat, Apr 07 Benoa, Bali, Indonesia Docked Depart 6:00 PM

Sun, Apr 08 At Sea

Mon, Apr 09 Semarang, Indonesia Docked Arrive 6:00 AM Depart 10:00 PM

Tue, Apr 10 At Sea

Wed, Apr 11 At Sea

Thu, Apr 12 Singapore Arrive 7:00 AM

When we boarded the Quest in Hong Kong we were told that we would be visiting Sandakan rather than Balikpapan. Following the fire we disembarked in Sandakan around midnight on April 1st.

So, you never made it to Bali or Indonesia.

I wonder when 2014 itineraries will be ready to book.

Mon, Mar 26 Hong Kong, China Depart 5:00 PM

Tue, Mar 27 At Sea

Wed, Mar 28 Manila, Phillipines Docked Arrive 8:00 AM

Thu, Mar 29 Manila, Phillipines Docked Depart 1:00 PM

Fri, Mar 30 At Sea

Sat, Mar 31 At Sea

Sun, Apr 01 Balikpapan(Borneo),Indonesia Tendered Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 7:00 PM

Mon, Apr 02 At Sea

Tue, Apr 03 Palapo (Sulawesi), Indonesia Docked Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 10:00 PM

Wed, Apr 04 At Sea

Thu, Apr 05 Komodo, Indonesia Tendered Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 4:00 PM

Fri, Apr 06 Benoa, Bali, Indonesia Docked Arrive 1:00 PM

Sat, Apr 07 Benoa, Bali, Indonesia Docked Depart 6:00 PM

Sun, Apr 08 At Sea

Mon, Apr 09 Semarang, Indonesia Docked Arrive 6:00 AM Depart 10:00 PM

Tue, Apr 10 At Sea

Wed, Apr 11 At Sea

Thu, Apr 12 Singapore Arrive 7:00 AM

When we boarded the Quest in Hong Kong we were told that we would be visiting Sandakan rather than Balikpapan. Following the fire we disembarked in Sandakan around midnight on April 1st.

Any guesses what Quest will be doing between January 15 and March 3, when she's based on the west coast?

- I think Mexican riviera cruises are unlikely given the present situation in Mexico...

- Hawaii maybe? French Polynesia? (The latter is probably a stretch for Azamara.)

- West coast of South America: Peru, Chile perhaps?

Just wondering :)

Floris

Any guesses what Quest will be doing between January 15 and March 3, when she's based on the west coast?

-

- West coast of South America: Peru, Chile perhaps?

Just wondering :)

Floris

here's to the west coast... i love to cruise that whole side and see peru.. i am taking one of the canal trips- not aure which one yet...

Hi Bill

A couple of questions:

When will the 2014 Deployment be published?

The cruise following on after the 3 March 2014-is this a transatlantic? provisionally of course! Thank you.

Hi Bill Just wondering if you have any news regarding the above questions.

Thanks

I just booked an amazing itinerary on Celebrity Millennium, from Shanghai via South Korea, Japan, Russia and Alaska to Vancouver. I wish Azamara would make a similar run, as opposed to always sending its ship back to Europe via Suez. A few Alaska cruises, and then a Panama Canal run, followed by a Transatlantic to the Med :)

Floris

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Bill

A couple of questions:

When will the 2014 Deployment be published?

The cruise following on after the 3 March 2014-is this a transatlantic? provisionally of course! Thank you.

Question for Bill

Hi Bill I asked this question again on June 6th but I think its been missed-or it is very difficult to answer!

Question for Bill

Hi Bill I asked this question again on June 6th but I think its been missed-or it is very difficult to answer!

Hello Tabatha1 & other 2014 Itinerary Enthusiasts -

I'm sorry for my delayed response and I truly appreciate your steadfast interest.

Actually, the difficulty that I've been facing is finding a new and different way to ask again for your continued patience as we fine-tune our 2014 deployment. Further, before we make our official 2014 announcement and launch the marketing process to introduce these voyages, our current marketing focus is to sell-out our 2012 voyages and to continue building a guest base for our 2013 inventory.

Nevertheless, I can answer your question about the voyage that follows the Azamara Quest's March 4, 2014 voyage (note date change from 03 March):

§ Caldera to Miami: 04 March 2014, 12 nights with overnight in New Orleans

§ Miami to Miami: 16 March 2014, 11 nights - West Indies

§ Miami to Nice: 27 March 2014, 15 nights - Transatlantic crossing

Disclaimer: Our 2014 itinerary plans are still a "work-in-progress" and the information in this message is SUBJECT TO CHANGE!

I'm very disappointed that I'm unable to provide you with more details about our launch date and please follow this thread for more details.

Until then, we'll look forward to welcoming you onboard in 2014.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Tabatha1 & other 2014 Itinerary Enthusiasts -

I'm sorry for my delayed response and I truly appreciate your steadfast interest.

Actually, the difficulty that I've been facing is finding a new and different way to ask again for your continued patience as we fine-tune our 2014 deployment. Further, before we make our official 2014 announcement and launch the marketing process to introduce these voyages, our current marketing focus is to sell-out our 2012 voyages and to continue building a guest base for our 2013 inventory.

Nevertheless, I can answer your question about the voyage that follows the Azamara Quest's March 4, 2014 voyage (note date change from 03 March):

§ Caldera to Miami: 04 March 2014, 12 nights with overnight in New Orleans

§ Miami to Miami: 16 March 2014, 11 nights - West Indies

§ Miami to Nice: 27 March 2014, 15 nights - Transatlantic crossing

Disclaimer: Our 2014 itinerary plans are still a "work-in-progress" and the information in this message is SUBJECT TO CHANGE!

I'm very disappointed that I'm unable to provide you with more details about our launch date and please follow this thread for more details.

Until then, we'll look forward to welcoming you onboard in 2014.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks very much Bill. Sounds wonderful-maybe 3 Back2Back!

Bill

I am leaving in less than 3 weeks for the Journey and had hoped to booksome winter cruises for 2014.. i know i want the CR one to Mia but really want to know about Feb 2014.

As i can rent a condo for Dec/Jan I want to sail feb into March and then fly home..

any rumors yet on winter 2014??

Thanks

Robin

Hi Bill,

Thank you for the update. Assuming there are no changes to the 2014 schedule... I'm pleased to see there's a Miami-Miami sailing. It's tough to think about 2014 at the moment. For now, I'm focused on 2013 -particularly Quest's March 2nd sailing. We can't wait.

Archived