Parking- port tampa

MajorDewey

I am using parkway parking in Jan. It is supposed to be right across the street and have 4 shuttles that go back/forth. Like everything, the reviews are mixed. I read mostly good and a couple negative. I am going to try it & see for myself.

We just used parking doctors last week.You can see the whale tail from their lot .It is a big fenced in lot .You pull in, unload onto a shuttle then park the car Afterwards the shuttle picked us up we waited less than a minute. I think I paid 9.00 a day

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Arriving day before and staying in a hotel/motel? If so, there are several that offer free parking and shuttle to cruise terminal. Also several that you can park for a small fee. Google is your friend.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is a Valet Parking option also right at the port. I can't recall the cost but it is online and you can pre book that if you want to. We've done it many times and it's very convenient and fast.

Valet is only an extra $20. Well worth it!!!

Parking at the port is 15 dollars a day. Cruise4parking is 8 dollars a day. Total for 8 days with taxes and fees is 80dollars. Port would be 120 dollars and do not know if they tax,probably do it is a government .

Port address is 810 Channelside dr Cruise4parking is 1016 Channelside Dr, which is a block from boat and has continous shuttles. Shuttle is included in the fee

There is a Valet Parking option also right at the port. I can't recall the cost but it is online and you can pre book that if you want to. We've done it many times and it's very convenient and fast.

When I returned they said I had to walk to the garage to get my car!

We’ve used valet twice and both times they retrieved our car and brought it to us.....

Wow...I would have asked for my $20 valet fee back!!!

We’ve used valet twice and both times they retrieved our car and brought it to us.....

Wow...I would have asked for my $20 valet fee back!!!

I agree...something fishy here.

I've had the same experience as you, great service every time.

Maybe the poster thought they had valet, but did not?

Wow! I've never had that happen and we've valet parked many times for many years. Gave them our ticket and they got our car and off we went. Never had to wait at all and never had to go get my car. The last time I used it was last year and I'm using it again this coming Feb so I will definitely confirm with them that they will retrieve my car. If not, no paying for valet!

• 2 months later...
I use 241. Prompt, courteous.

Taking a chance that this will appear in your email, since this thread is a bit old.

Would you mind giving me a few more details about 241? I trust CC reviews, but there is very little available about off-site parking in Tampa. I have always used the port parking, but have two cruises out of Tampa in the next few months and I am looking at this now from a recently retired point of view :D

And if anybody else sees this, I would also like to know about Parking Doctors, Park4Cruise, and Parkway Parking.

Thanks!

Taking a chance that this will appear in your email, since this thread is a bit old.

Would you mind giving me a few more details about 241? I trust CC reviews, but there is very little available about off-site parking in Tampa. I have always used the port parking, but have two cruises out of Tampa in the next few months and I am looking at this now from a recently retired point of view :D

And if anybody else sees this, I would also like to know about Parking Doctors, Park4Cruise, and Parkway Parking.

Thanks!

We used parking doctors about 3 years ago without any problems. Car was fine, they were polite, prompt, and professional

Safe sailing

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

• 4 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:18 PM, torpeedo said:

nnjn

Wow! I've never had that happen and we've valet parked many times for many years. Gave them our ticket and they got our car and off we went. Never had to wait at all and never had to go get my car. The last time I used it was last year and I'm using it again this coming Feb so I will definitely confirm with them that they will retrieve my car. If not, no paying for valet!

So with valet you drive up to the garage, and unload, they take your car and luggage, and you walk across street and get on ship?  Vs. Self Park....You go to the same garage, park car yourself,  unload and you take your luggage across the street to the ship? Just trying to clarify....

Edited by justcruzn

2 hours ago, justcruzn said:

So with valet you drive up to the garage, and unload, they take your car and luggage, and you walk across street and get on ship?  Vs. Self Park....You go to the same garage, park car yourself,  unload and you take your luggage across the street to the ship? Just trying to clarify....

With valet you pull up in the designated valet line “in front” of the terminal.  They take your luggage, you give them the keys, they give you your valet check and you walk into the terminal.  (no walking across the street with valet).  Well worth the $20!!

self park is just as you described above...