Tampa cruise port to Treasure Island Transportation

CMU

Hi Everyone, we are planning a post cruise stay for a couple days in Treasure Island. Could you give your best recommendations for Transportation from the port to Treasure Island and then from Treasure island to Tampa airport? 2 person party.

Don’t quote me but in my searching, I believe Avis or enterprise may be close? I haven’t cruised from Tampa so I’m not familiar with the port area. We thought of renting, but we have stayed in treasure island before and know for the couple days we are staying we won’t need the car once we are there. so we really just need to figure out if there is a fairly decent option to get us there post cruise and then to the airport at the end of our stay. I surely appreciate any info.

Thanks!! That would probably work. Sadly, I’ve never used Uber as we live in a smaller town. (Although I’ve got the app on my phone ready to try it one day 😂). I had looked to see if there was a way in the app to check rates but I’m probably dumb and couldn’t figure it out. 🤦*♀️. Fortunately, I have a bunch of time before our cruise to make an opportunity to use it. I guess my next questions would be: a). Any issues getting Uber at the port that would go there? B) is there an area at the port terminal to request/wait for an Uber to arrive? (It’s been awhile since we’ve cruised but it always seemed chaotic outside the terminal).

Hopefully someone else will respond with local info. I have not used Uber in Tampa, but we have used it in many other cities and never never had any issues. And I wouldn't think it would be hard to find the car. We have used Uber in FLL port, which is much more hectic. And the driver will just call you and tell you where to meet.

And FYI, you can either use laptop and go to uber estimate. Or on the app, just type in the location of your hotel, under "where to, Then will have to change "current location" to the port location. which is 815 channelside dr. (can you tell I'm searching this right now also??) Once you put the two addresses in, it will automatically give you the approx cost. JUST MAKE SURE TO NOT HIT CONFIRM AT THIS POINT. Or you will order the uber. Then just exit out or go back to check a different location. Hopefully you can follow this.

May still want to consider a car rental. I have found the closest rental. Avis is like 3/4 mile from the port. It is in the lobby of the Embassy Suites.

We are flying into PIE a day early. Will rent for one day from airport and head to our hotel. Return to Embasy when heading to the port. Then after cruise will do the reverse. I have found one day rentals on a compact car (just two of us) to be only $30 total each time. Even if we don't use the car once at the hotel, its still a good deal.

Hi Everyone, we are planning a post cruise stay for a couple days in Treasure Island. Could you give your best recommendations for Transportation from the port to Treasure Island and then from Treasure island to Tampa airport? 2 person party.

Rent a car. See if company will pick you up. Otherwise Uber to rental car. Public transportation isn’t an option. I live in Tampa.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

thanks so much! I’m feeling much better about this. If we do decide to rent vs taking uber to treasure island ......will you just uber there or is it walkable or does Avis have a shuttle that takes you there that you just call when you get out of the terminal? I appreciate all your help with my gazzillion questions

We rented from Avis about 5 years ago when on a girls cruise. I remember that we planned to return the car and then walk to the port. But when we got to the rental return, one of the employees took us to port and dropped us off. Not sure if this is normal or not. I will call the Avis office tomorrow.

We normally go to the port between 10-11. So since its just my hubby and I, we will probably plan on walking it. Especially if we decide to pop in and out of a few places to eat, or shop