Princess 3 night cruise to nowhere

After receiving an email from Princess, we have booked a balcony on a 3 night cruise to nowhere. We haven't done a cruise to nowhere on Princess before so I have a couple of questions:

1. Do they have a formal night? Need to know for packing.

2. Is there a captain's welcome with drinks etc.?

3. I assume we can take a bottle of wine each without paying corkage;

4. Do elite passengers get a mini-bar set up?

I just realized that three of my questions relate to alcohol. I don't want anyone to think I am focussing on this aspect of a cruise ...:D

Can't say anything from experience because I have never been on one mainly because I am told that they are little more than booze cruises. Doesn't appeal to me.

Hope it's not a 'booze cruise'. Anyway, we are not night owls so most of the boozing will be after we go to bed. We can enjoy our balcony.

We did a 3 night cruise to nowhere from Brisbane in January. There were a much younger crowd on board, lots of hens and bucks parties etc.

There was no formal night and no captain's welcome, although I think we might have been given a drink voucher. It is ok to take a bottle of wine on board. Can't answer about the Elite mini-bar.

As far as a booze cruise is concerned, another passenger told me that the bar had run out of margerita mix before the ship had left Moreton Bay!

We still enjoyed the cruise, just a bit different from the normal longer Princess cruises.

Anne

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forums mobile app

We did a 3 night cruise to nowhere from Brisbane in January. There were a much younger crowd on board, lots of hens and bucks parties etc.

There was no formal night and no captain's welcome, although I think we might have been given a drink voucher. It is ok to take a bottle of wine on board. Can't answer about the Elite mini-bar.

As far as a booze cruise is concerned, another passenger told me that the bar had run out of margerita mix before the ship had left Moreton Bay!

We still enjoyed the cruise, just a bit different from the normal longer Princess cruises.

Anne

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forums mobile app

I have done a few 2- 3 night cruise and elites get the mini bar and normally a voucher for a cocktail too but other than that nothing special

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the replies. We realize the cruise will be different from what we are used to on Princess. If other people want to party all night, it won't worry us. There was heavy drinking on the Fairstar where there didn't seem to be any limit on the amount of drinks sold to people, but from what we have seen, Princess adheres to a Responsible Service of Alcohol policy. We have cruised a couple of times in the last couple of years on P&O where many people have a drinks package. Even so, we haven't seen any unruly behaviour or people noticeably intoxicated - although we saw some people with a cocktail in hand at 9 in the morning.

Thanks for the advice re no formal night. That will reduce our luggage to probably one mid-size case for two people.