Butter dish refused

antsp

We had 2 dishes of butter on our table of 7 on the Caribbean over New Year's....maybe that's where your dish went? Someone currently on the Ruby is also reporting no butter on the tables and, more shockingly, no strip bacon in the buffet....the horror! :p

We had the same experience on Crown Princess in November. We asked the waiter to leave the butter dish on the table and she said she couldn't. We asked why and all she said was "it was policy." It was a non-issue for us or we would have pursued it further. You could have as much as you wanted but she just couldn't leave it on the table. My guess is that since you can't serve anything again once it has been on the table they probably are not throwing out nearly as much butter :confused:.

We had 2 dishes of butter on our table of 7 on the Caribbean over New Year's....maybe that's where your dish went? Someone currently on the Ruby is also reporting no butter on the tables and, more shockingly, no strip bacon in the buffet....the horror! :p

Well as others have been saying, you get what you pay for..

How dare people expect extra butter without paying extra! huh!!:rolleyes:

Edited by Reader0108598

Maybe they can't leave the butter dish because people touch other pieces of butter with their hands and it's not sanitary.

Who touches the butter with their hands? We have little butter knifes ...

In 26 cruises I have never seen anyone touch the butter with their hands..hog the bread basket yes, but never touch the butter on the table with their hands.

Guess we have been lucky:)

Edited by Reader0108598

Anyone asked for the butter dish to be left on the table in the dining room, I asked twice on different nights but refused.

I always ask for the dish to remain as I like butter with my cheese plate NEVER been refused - actually they replenish the dish for me You were unlucky Perhaps you did not explain why you wanted it?

On our last couple of cruises there has been no butter dish on the table. The assistant waiter serves it, but unfortunately, this wasn't as soon as we wanted it. When I politely asked why the dish wasn't left on the table, the response was "Service, Ma'am". :)

On another cruise, one of our table companions loved to eat butter. Just butter. He had the assistant waiter bring him a plate with 12 pats of butter that he would eat, one after the other. :eek:

This is an issue of cutting back on waste. If a butter dish is on the table after the meal is finished, the remaining contents must be thrown out. If you want more butter they will always give you more. At the beginning of the meal, I ask for the amount of butter patties that I think I will need for the entire meal.

This isn't about waste. It's about High Cholesterol!!! Princess is trying to get you in shape. Wait until the Medallions are in use and they are tracking your fried food intake. MDR will only have poached chicken breasts and steamed broccoli. Buffet will have only Rice Cakes.

This is an issue of cutting back on waste. If a butter dish is on the table after the meal is finished, the remaining contents must be thrown out. If you want more butter they will always give you more. At the beginning of the meal, I ask for the amount of butter patties that I think I will need for the entire meal.

Just curious, I wonder if they do this in the specialty restaurant's . I mean you know to avoid waste!

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

This isn't about waste. It's about High Cholesterol!!! Princess is trying to get you in shape. Wait until the Medallions are in use and they are tracking your fried food intake. MDR will only have poached chicken breasts and steamed broccoli. Buffet will have only Rice Cakes.

:D lol...Rice cakes will only be handed out one by one to avoid waste!

Oh, let's not mention that huge fine Princess got for poluting the ocean .. but let's not waste butter! :)

Edited by Reader0108598