hangers?

dina8ken

We usually have enough hangers. And we have no problem to ask for more or to get them if we need them.

Closet space as pointed out can be the issue depending on the category and length of cruise and /or how much one of you packs. I tend to hang DH's shirt on a pant/skirt hanger and then hang the pants/skirt on the clip portion.

That can save space if needed ;)

I always bring some of the plastic 10 for $1 type hangers. I found that they fit better in the closet with the wooden hangers as opposed to asking for more hangers which seem to take up more space.

I also lay a few of the hangers on top of the clothes where the straps go across and it helps to keep everything from shifting in the suitcase.

We ask for wire hangers to supplement the wooden ones. You can fit a lot more in the closet with wire hangers. Of course we don't put our best items on them, but they are fine for button down shirts and my everyday tops, etc.

I don't think wire hangers are a good idea ...

MxNLwy

MxNLwy

If you use the ship's laundry service, most items (except underwear and socks) come back on wire hangers. Usually, by the end of the cruise, we have way too many hangers.

I just put the excess hangers in the wicker basket or on top of my next laundry basket so that the laundry room has them back. They can run low on hangers if everyone keeps them for the entire cruise on longer ones.

I just put the excess hangers in the wicker basket or on top of my next laundry basket so that the laundry room has them back. They can run low on hangers if everyone keeps them for the entire cruise on longer ones.

That's a great point, Kazu! I'll be more mindful now!!!

I needed extra hangers and was brought wood ones, but was quickly inundated with wire ones once we started sending out our laundry. So as Kazu does, we did a frequent purge of hangers into the wicker basket they provide. The wire ones actually helped us hang more clothes so the extra wood ones went back to our Steward.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why?

They are ok for a day or two or even a week on a cruise but I don't use them in my closet.

I find they can make marks in blouses, any type jersey type seaters that you want to hang will be ruined shortly, etc.

Each to their own, but they are not in my closet. I return all to my drycleaner to use again ;)

I needed extra hangers and was brought wood ones, but was quickly inundated with wire ones once we started sending out our laundry. So as Kazu does, we did a frequent purge of hangers into the wicker basket they provide. The wire ones actually helped us hang more clothes so the extra wood ones went back to our Steward.

Oh I hope I didn't mislead.

I KEEP the wooden hangers and return the wire we don't need. There are few clothes I choose to keep on a wire hanger for long (but we rarely do 7 day cruises - I don't see an issue on that).

the wire hangers go back and we keep the wooden ones. After all, I have to hang my skirts ;)

No. I realized, I’m just saying that I too send back extra hangers frequently. Let other guests use them.

oh apologies. totally agree on sending the extra hangers back + it saves the steward a lot of work on the embarkation/disembarkation day ;)