Ruby Princess in Drydock in Victoria BC

Montana

Any updates of interior changes for the Ruby?
You mean installing the Medallion technology?

This is a routine dry dock that every ship has every three years or so. They will scrape and re-paint the hull, clean the thrusters, check the propellers, do maintenance on the engines, deep clean cabins and public spaces, and update technology (operational, navigation, entertainment, Medallion, satellite, etc.) among other things.

It’s like taking your car in for an oil change, tune-up and detailing. Haven’t read about any modifications.

This was found on two separate web sites:

Ruby

September 30, 2018

October 13, 2018

Routine - Ocean Medallion upgrade?

Golden Princess(November 2018), Crown Princess (November 2018) and Ruby Princess (January2019) join four other Princess ships scheduled to debut Ocean MedallionVacations

Medallion install is done in stages. Extensive install of the major wiring of the entire ship that require removal of ceiling and wall panels. Major servers and terminals will be brought on board, installed and programmed. Cabin doors can be upgraded later.

• 2 weeks later...

We were just on the Star docked next to the Ruby in Victoria on Saturday (9/29/18), and they had cranes set up next to her up loading all her dry dock supplies to her top decks, she sailed that night to Seattle to finish the scheduled itinerary and returned to Victoria for dry dock the next morning after disembarking all the passengers on Sunday morning in Seattle .. In addition to all the normal and required dry dock upgrades, the Ruby will also receive the SeaWitch livery on her bow this dry dock

Srpilo

We were just on the Star docked next to the Ruby in Victoria on Saturday (9/29/18), and they had cranes set up next to her up loading all her dry dock supplies to her top decks, she sailed that night to Seattle to finish the scheduled itinerary and returned to Victoria for dry dock the next morning after disembarking all the passengers on Sunday morning in Seattle .. In addition to all the normal and required dry dock upgrades, the Ruby will also receive the SeaWitch livery on her bow this dry dock

Srpilo

Actually, the Ruby sailed from Victoria to Seattle on Friday the 28th not the 29th and left that night at about 8pm for Seattle. There were already a number of contractors (about 4-500) on board when it left Seattle the previous Sat. and 1400 more of them got on board the Ruby before she left Seattle at noon bound back up to Victoria for the dry dock. It was an interesting day with 3 Princess ships docked side-by-side, that's for sure! I'll bet the merchants really enjoyed that day as the big RC ship, Explorer of the Seas cane in on Friday alsoa so that probably put a total of about 12000+ people in the city for shopping! ;p

Tom

We just got off the Ruby on Saturday. I saw a number of contractors with blue shirts on with a "Ocean Medallion" logo on their shirt. I tried to talk to them, but weren't very friendly. We were in cabin B750 and I saw a lot of contractor types in the inside cabins in that area, again I tried to speak to them, they couldn't speak English. I asked my room steward what he was going to do during the maintenance period and he said all of his cabins will be occupied by contractors.