Just took a Moveover Offer

NjoyNmytime

Did you book directly with Princess or with a travel agent?

The cruise that we received our moveover offer for was booked through a TA as were multiple others who received the same offer as us on the same cruise. It does not seem that booking direct vs. through a TA matters, it's more a matter of what cabin you are booked in and if it's one that Princess needs for others.

The cruise that we received our moveover offer for was booked through a TA as were multiple others who received the same offer as us on the same cruise. It does not seem that booking direct vs. through a TA matters, it's more a matter of what cabin you are booked in and if it's one that Princess needs for others.

I'm on a cruise that leaves in just over a week that is supposedly 50 cabins overbooked. I used big online TA this time & I'm concerned they won't pass offers on to me.

I'm on a cruise that leaves in just over a week that is supposedly 50 cabins overbooked. I used big online TA this time & I'm concerned they won't pass offers on to me.

That can be a problem! Others have reported that at least one big box agency does not forward upsell or moveover offers or other communications from cruise lines. Unacceptable as far as I'm concerned!

Another traveler was told by their travel agent, supposedly it came directly from Princess.

If you hear of others getting moveover offers, you could call the same phone number provided on the email they received to find out if you qualify for the same offer.

Another traveler was told by their travel agent, supposedly it came directly from Princess.

Gotcha.. Princess does have the oversell situation down to a science.

Sailings are almost always full.

They have been doing it for a long time. ;)

It seems that the some big box ta's sometimes don't forward these offers. :(

NICE deal!! That's practically a free cruise! Sounds like they oversold your cruise, at least the balcony's!! Someone just posted about about obstructed views on the Star, it has a lot of photos of the window views. If you are curious about the cabin you got, search for it.

Enjoy your trip!!

Where do you search for the cabin?

OP

I read this thread yesterday and was so happy for you.

Today I got a call from Princess asking me if I wanted the same offer as you. They have really over sold balcony cabins. I jumped at it, I can sail now and use the refund for another cruise for our Anniversary in March. I know we will not spend much on board so we will get a nice check in 4 weeks.

We sail Friday out of Fort Lauderdale. - free cruise too, yea

CONGRATS! This must be the same cruise. Will you be joining us for the Meet and Greet?

OP

I read this thread yesterday and was so happy for you.

Today I got a call from Princess asking me if I wanted the same offer as you. They have really over sold balcony cabins. I jumped at it, I can sail now and use the refund for another cruise for our Anniversary in March. I know we will not spend much on board so we will get a nice check in 4 weeks.

We sail Friday out of Fort Lauderdale. - free cruise too, yea

Congrats!

I booked through a TA-online company. However, Princess commercial dept called me and asked if I wanted the offer. I was told that Monday they were going to contact travel agents with this offer. Why I got called I don't know. I don't think I would have heard from my TA about this offer. Plus these are limited offers and she said it was first come first serve.

I booked through a TA-online company. However, Princess commercial dept called me and asked if I wanted the offer. I was told that Monday they were going to contact travel agents with this offer. Why I got called I don't know. I don't think I would have heard from my TA about this offer. Plus these are limited offers and she said it was first come first serve.

Perfect! :)

Maybe Princess really needed your cabin and they were aware that your TA didn't forward the offers so they reached out directly to you? It's not what they typically do so I suspect that might be the case.

Like upsell offers they are limited and they do call-backs in the order received. When they get the required number of folks to accept, the offer ends. So best advice to others getting these offers in the future is to call and leave a message about it if you need to think about taking the offer. You'll have time to figure it out while you are waiting for the call back.

Not new we had this generous offer in 2007!

Our friends were offered a downgrade from minisuite to interior for a full refund/free cruise. They declined but I quickly called my travel agent to inquire if we could get the offer. She arranged for us to move from the Carb Balcony to an interior and our full cruise amount was refunded to OBC. At the end of the cruise we were issued the remaining OBC in cash.

Enjoy the offer!

We later took another awesome cruise since we had the extra funds to do so!