Bug spray needed for New England Cruise?

qoap24

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I have never been to NYC or in the New England area. I am getting my packing list together and I am wondering if bug spray should make the list.

Thank you

Depends on when you are coming, and what you intend to do. At any time of the year, I'd bring some good repellent if you're doing Cadillac mountain, or things in the woods. Spring, or as we call it "mud season" or "black fly season" you really need some repellent heavy on the deet (Ben's, which is 100% deet didn't keep me from getting eaten alive by black flies at camp this week). The strong deet stuff like Ben's can even be put on your collars and cuffs if you don't want deet on your skin, and still be effective.

Depends on when you are coming, and what you intend to do. At any time of the year, I'd bring some good repellent if you're doing Cadillac mountain, or things in the woods. Spring, or as we call it "mud season" or "black fly season" you really need some repellent heavy on the deet (Ben's, which is 100% deet didn't keep me from getting eaten alive by black flies at camp this week). The strong deet stuff like Ben's can even be put on your collars and cuffs if you don't want deet on your skin, and still be effective.

I will be cruising out of NYC on June 2. Planning on just exploring the different towns and going to Arcadia. So I guess I will bring some bug spray. Thank you for your replies.