Couple questions about Vista

Thinking of booking Vista when she goes to Galveston. Looking at a deck 9 aft facing balcony. Looking at the deck plans on the booking page and looks like it’s under the pool deck? Any input on noise? Also, considering the two category past guest upgrade. Should we book the aft facing balcony, where would the upgrade put our cabin?

Thanks for your help :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Vista her first summer in Europe. We had three balconies deck 8 aft. The three in the middle. You get more inside room space with the cabins in the middle. It's not much but does make some difference. You can tell by the space between the couch and bed. We had a couple feet extra.

I always avoid the deck below lido on most ships. Unless it’s under the beauty salon, gym, or something closed at night.

On the Vista class there is a large overhang on deck 9 aft balconies. It’s like the Dream class. If you like shade this would be perfect. I personally don’t like the closed in feeling and sound does echo off the steel. We had a really loud lady the entire ten-day cruise on the Vista and we knew everything she said.

It is important to know these aft balconies on any ship are very limited and in their own category(s). If prices come down I’ve found it’s unlikely these aft balconies decrease much if at all. Whereas regular balconies will have greater discounts if prices comedown.

I love aft balconies and the L shaped balcony cabins that wrap around the aft staircases. On some ships they’re only an 8A which is the lead in price for a balcony. We had one of these L shaped cabins on a 12-day Breeze Europe cruise. They have since increased the category (price) on some ships. Good luck!

We were on the Vista her first summer in Europe. We had three balconies deck 8 aft. The three in the middle. You get more inside room space with the cabins in the middle. It's not much but does make some difference. You can tell by the space between the couch and bed. We had a couple feet extra.

I always avoid the deck below lido on most ships. Unless it’s under the beauty salon, gym, or something closed at night.

On the Vista class there is a large overhang on deck 9 aft balconies. It’s like the Dream class. If you like shade this would be perfect. I personally don’t like the closed in feeling and sound does echo off the steel. We had a really loud lady the entire ten-day cruise on the Vista and we knew everything she said.

It is important to know these aft balconies on any ship are very limited and in their own category(s). If prices come down I’ve found it’s unlikely these aft balconies decrease much if at all. Whereas regular balconies will have greater discounts if prices comedown.

I love aft balconies and the L shaped balcony cabins that wrap around the aft staircases. On some ships they’re only an 8A which is the lead in price for a balcony. We had one of these L shaped cabins on a 12-day Breeze Europe cruise. They have since increased the category (price) on some ships. Good luck!

Thank you so much. Really appreciate your feedback. The overhang won’t bother us. We just prefer not to be directly under a noisy pool deck. We usually book aft corners on RCCL. Would love the L shaped balcony. This is our first time back on Carnival in several years. The cabin we are looking at is on the end next door to the corner.

Looks like you would be under the aft Lido pool deck. You may hear some chairs being moved around at times -- like when they put the chairs out in the morning and take them up in the evening. Also when people rearrange their chairs during the day.

Thinking of booking Vista when she goes to Galveston. Looking at a deck 9 aft facing balcony. Looking at the deck plans on the booking page and looks like it’s under the pool deck? Any input on noise? Also, considering the two category past guest upgrade. Should we book the aft facing balcony, where would the upgrade put our cabin?

Thanks for your help :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Too much noise from pool area.

I have never cruised on the Vista, but a few years ago on the Liberty, DW and I had a stateroom (8311) underneath the Lido deck main pool area. Every-time the crew moved the lounge chairs, we heard them scraping around on the open deck above. On the nights of major deck parties, we heard rhythmic thumping above from the people dancing on the main deck. We switched in the TV to the Lido camera, and it was surreal watching the people dance, hearing the music, and then hearing the ceiling shake all in sync to the same rhythm.

We took it as a lesson learned, and though we often book the deck below Lido, we always check the plans to see what is directly above our room, and stick to having other staterooms above in order to avoid a repeat of that situation.