Skyline Hotel

pegdave

Great location. Very nice hotel. Is actually in walking distance to the port. I think you will be happy with it. Restaurant is very expensive. Eat elsewhere.

Oh thank you so much. The no brand name was throwing me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good idea to read the reviews in TripAdvisor. Some love the hotel .... others not so much.

Thank you - I did and now I am nervous. I should remember can’t keep everyone happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is absolutely no reason to be walking distance from the cruise pier in Manhattan.

I agree. If you post more details - exact date, hotel budget, number of people, bed size requirements, flying (what airport) or driving, arrival time, etc - we can make suggestions.

I agree. If you post more details - exact date, hotel budget, number of people, bed size requirements, flying (what airport) or driving, arrival time, etc - we can make suggestions.

We are just taking the train in from Ct the night before. 2 adults

We are just taking the train in from Ct the night before. 2 adults

Can't offer good suggestions without a target budget and exact date. Are you arriving at NY Penn or Grand Central? What us the cost of the Skyline hotel?

The restaurant in the Skyline is "El Original TXMX" but there are numerous other places, bars, etc. on 10th Avenue nearby, and it's only a block to 9th, which has even more choices. There's also a parking garage under the hotel, if you need that.

Agreed. It's close to the boat, but not to anything else. Longer walk than really needed to restaurants, shops, and attractions

Easy to get a cab or uber from anywhere to the port and be in the heart of whatever part of the city you wish to be in

Yeah been to ny many times. Just looking to stay at a nice hotel for the evening. Thought it would be easy to be close.

Exactly! That's exactly what our group is doing in March. We don't want to go tour NYC!! Just a nice hotel to relax in the night before our cruise! We wouldn't get there until later in the evening so probably just sit at the hotel bar for a couple drinks and head to bed!

Yeah been to ny many times. Just looking to stay at a nice hotel for the evening. Thought it would be easy to be close.

It's not really a nice hotel. TripAdvisor has it ranked 300 out of 479 hotels in NYC. It *is* near the pier

Can't offer good suggestions without a target budget and exact date. Are you arriving at NY Penn or Grand Central? What us the cost of the Skyline hotel?

Your choice of hotel is not a popular one. If you provide the requested details, there might be another option out there for you to find a "nice" hotel.

Your choice of hotel is not a popular one. If you provide the requested details, there might be another option out there for you to find a "nice" hotel.

Yes I am seeing Skyline had some bad reviews. We are two people not looking to sightsee but looking to gave a nice hotel preferably under $350 to just relax with a bar and restaurant for the evening. Then hop in a taxi to the port.

Exactly! That's exactly what our group is doing in March. We don't want to go tour NYC!! Just a nice hotel to relax in the night before our cruise! We wouldn't get there until later in the evening so probably just sit at the hotel bar for a couple drinks and head to bed!

Yes this is exactly what we are looking for no sightseeing or running around. Just a nice hotel to stay in.

Yes this is exactly what we are looking for no sightseeing or running around. Just a nice hotel to stay in.

But that’s the point of NYers advising against it. It is not considered “nice”. For the same cost you can get a “nice” hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But that’s the point of NYers advising against it. It is not considered “nice”. For the same cost you can get a “nice” hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I totally agree. If the OP posts an exact date, budget, and arrival train station, the posters on this forum could offer specific 'nice' hotel suggestions that fit the OP's criteria.

It looks like the OP needs a hotel for Oct 13, a Saturday night. On lastminutetravel.com I'm seeing the Grand Hyatt at Grand Central Station for $263 plus tax.

The Millenium Hilton at UN Plaza on the East River is $236 plus tax. For $50 you can purchase access to the Skyline Club lounge - "Located on the 30th floor of the West Tower, the Skyline Club lounge has exceptional views of the Midtown and East River skylines, as well as continental breakfast, afternoon heavy appetizers, honor beer & wine and internet access. Access to the lounge can be purchased for $50 per day."

Both hotels are full service with restaurants and bars and should definitely fulfill the OP's "nice" requirement.

It looks like the OP needs a hotel for Oct 13, a Saturday night. On lastminutetravel.com I'm seeing the Grand Hyatt at Grand Central Station for $263 plus tax.

The Millenium Hilton at UN Plaza on the East River is $236 plus tax. For $50 you can purchase access to the Skyline Club lounge - "Located on the 30th floor of the West Tower, the Skyline Club lounge has exceptional views of the Midtown and East River skylines, as well as continental breakfast, afternoon heavy appetizers, honor beer & wine and internet access. Access to the lounge can be purchased for $50 per day."

Both hotels are full service with restaurants and bars and should definitely fulfill the OP's "nice" requirement.

Oh wow. Thank you that sounds great. I will check it out