QM2 to Hawaii !!!

KenC

Surprised no one has posted the news yet - but it appears that from January to April 2006 QM2 will be sailing out of New York around South America to Hawaii via LA before doing the route in reverse back to New York !!!! Thank goodness Cunard have decided to replace the 'usual' Caribbean cruise season with something a little more adventurous. I have also heard that next year's Transatlantics are selling extremely well which must also be an encouraging sign for future QM2 itineraries. Discounts on Cunard are also quite healthy on this side of the Pond for a change.

Hello Rotty,

Where have you been???? I sailed into Lisboa recently (a favorite port of a fellow poster...) which is almost the same...... but the taxi driver was not the same. The statue, Monument to the Discoveries, The Bridge... beautiful.

Spectators of course! All Charles Jourdan by the way. But of course not like they were in the early forties. Too bad you and a few others (they know who they are) were not leaving Lisboa with me, staying up drinking Champagne on deck!

We must check out the Crossings that KenC mentions. Just an idea..... Goodness could we all have fun!!!! As you well know a ship is never the same after Miss Vale shows up.....

Miss Vale

Ken,

Do you know any of the details of the QM cruises in January to April 2006. I checked at a couple of online web sites and at Cunard's site but couldn't find anything. Perhaps I'm missing it?? Please let me know how I can review these itineraries or when they will be released.

Thanks.

Hobie

It's on the home page of the Cunard site - under a heading of QM2 to do world tour in Jan 2006:

Here's a direct link to the info:

http://www.cunard.com/AboutCunard/NewsReleases.asp?Cat=&View=ViewArticle&Mode=News&ContentID=4869

Hope this helps

Dennis

I have already booked the 3 day out of Los Angeles , Feb 22-25, 2006, but I had to call Cunard directly (on the advice of someone right here). I normally don't book this far in advance, but I have a feeling once this is advertised it will sell out quickly. The agent at Cunard was surprised that I could not find this cruise, or the Hawaiian cruise, online, she told me that most of the cabins were already blocked by travel agents. I transferred my booking to my TA right away. I only wish I could sail her to Hawaii, it sounds like a lovely way to go!

Hello again

Hi Miss Vale - looking forward to hearing about the farewell Caronia voyage.

Hi Hobie - glad you got sorted for the 3 days out of LA.

You've got to hand it to Cunard - they certainly are maintaining some momentum marketing QM2. Royal Hawaiian Liner certainly takes some beating for exotic.

What's going on with QE2 these days - you can't get a ticket for love or money on some cruises (or get bounced off if she's overbooked). We tried to get on a 3 nighter Trafalgar weekend out of Southampton next June and could only wait listed (not even a bunk bed left) !!! Hope our May Day weekend booking sticks.

Ken

Archived