Asia Tours - Western Tropics cruise

LHM

Hi for those going on the Western Tropics cruise, have you received your info regarding tours in Phuket, Penang etc. I received the book today (with my tickets) and can provide some info if you would like it - it has no prices just some info on tours. Has anyone booked any of the tours before the cruise?

LHM

Hi LHM, you can't prebook any of the Asian tours for some reason. You've got to do all that when you're on the Ship.

Would love some info of whatever you know. (big smile here!!).

So many things would love to do but don't have any idea what!!!!

Maybe Sarah can give an idea of prices when she's ready since they're back on land today (sad face here!!).

Kerri

Hi for those going on the Western Tropics cruise, have you received your info regarding tours in Phuket, Penang etc. I received the book today (with my tickets) and can provide some info if you would like it - it has no prices just some info on tours. Has anyone booked any of the tours before the cruise?

LHM

We picked up our tickets and the tours brochure for our Eastern Sunsets trip 11/3 from the TA. Included was a P&O "Island Discoveries Tour Reservations" form. The tour reservations closing date was 1 March (Tickets were ready 2 March). TA told us to hand the form in at the tours desk on board as soon as possible as some tours sold out quickly (as others have said on this forum). The form quoted prices as well as start and finish times of the excursions.

I guess you will find the same form (for the Western Tropics) in your cabin, which will give you enough time to study it and decide which tours you want to go on. Why not everyone received this form with their tickets and brochure I don't know :( . Sorry I can't help you with information for the Western Tropics cruise.

Don't worry too much; as you've got the brochure you can more or less decide which tours you're interested in. On our cruise, prices range from $99 for all day tours, and less for shorter ones.

Ans

LHM

LHM would love the information, we haem't yet recieved our tickets, or info, and other friends are wanting to know also, so if you could post some of the tours that will be great.

We picked up our tickets and the tours brochure for our Eastern Sunsets trip 11/3 from the TA. Included was a P&O "Island Discoveries Tour Reservations" form. The tour reservations closing date was 1 March (Tickets were ready 2 March). TA told us to hand the form in at the tours desk on board as soon as possible as some tours sold out quickly (as others have said on this forum). The form quoted prices as well as start and finish times of the excursions.

I guess you will find the same form (for the Western Tropics) in your cabin, which will give you enough time to study it and decide which tours you want to go on. Why not everyone received this form with their tickets and brochure I don't know :( . Sorry I can't help you with information for the Western Tropics cruise.

Don't worry too much; as you've got the brochure you can more or less decide which tours you're interested in. On our cruise, prices range from $99 for all day tours, and less for shorter ones.

Ans

Well Ans, god only knows what's going on with P&O:confused: I received my tickets a couple of weeks ago and there's nothing that looks like a tour reservation form. And when I rang them the above is what they said not only once but twice.

So I owe Kym an apology. Obviously some cruisers get the info and others don't.

Will be interesting to see the costs of the Western Tropics tours.:D

Kerri

Hi I received the Island Discoveries Shore Tours brochure with my tickets as well as the reservation form which I just found. The form asks us to indicate the number of tickets with a reservations closing date of 22 March '06. I didn't think we could book before we got on the ship either, but on the back of the form it says that in order to process yor tour reservation we must receive your request form at least 10 working days prior to your cruise departure. I did go directly through P & O so I don't know if this made a difference. Below are the tours for the Western Tropics cruise - Hopefully this information will help.

Malacca

Historic Walking Tour of Malacca - 2 1/2 hrs $12

Malacca by Trishaw - 2 hrs $15

Malacca Countryside & Village Experience - 4 hrs $29

Mini Malaysia - 3 hrs $34

The Heritage Trail - 4 hrs $32

Phuket

Phuket sightseeing 3 1/2 hrs $25

Phuket temple & Island safari 5 1/4 hrs $52

James Bond Island & Phang Nga Bay - 8 1/2 hrs $65

Island Hopping & Canoeing - 9 1/2 hrs $95

Jungle Trekking - 4hrs $49

Certified Scuba Dive - 9 hrs $175

Phuket on your own - 4 hrs $18

Phuket Sigtseeing & Resort - 7 hrs $72

Island Overivew & Thai Cultural Show - 6 1/2 hrs $65

4WD & Trek Adventure - 6 hrs $85

Snorkel the Phi Phi Islands - 8 1/2 hrs $145

Deep Sea Fishing - 8 hrs $145

Phuket Orchid Resort - 4 hrs $39

Golf at Phuket Country Club - 6 hrs $239

Langkawi

Island Hopping 4 1/2 hrs $39

Airtrek Canopy Adventure - 4 hrs $109

Highlights of Langkawi - 5 1/2 hrs $49

Langkawi Adventure Kayak - 6 hrs $169

Langkawi Heritage - 4 1/2 hrs $45

Quad Bike Adventure - 4 hrs $159

Sea Eagle Feeding & Mangrove Cruise - 5 3/4 hrs $76

Pulau Payar Marine Park - 7 1/4 hrs $89

Ayura Spa Retreat - 5 hrs $179

Mount Raya Jungle Trek - 4 1/2 hrs $64

Penang

Penang Highlights by Trishaw 2 3/4 hrs $42

Historic Jewels of Penang - 3 1/2 hrs $42

Reclining Buddha & Butterfly Farm - 7 1/2 hrs $85

Round Island Tour - 5 hrs $42

Typically Penang 3 1/4 hrs $42

A Day at the Beach - 6 3/4 hrs $85

Penang Temple & Gardens 3 3/4 hrs $42

Happy hour in Penang - 4 1/2 hrs 5-9pm $25

( I believe we are in Penang until 11 pm)

Port Kelang (The pier is 1 1/2 hrs from Kuala Lumpur)

Historic Walking tour of Kuala Lumpur - 8 hrs $99

The best of Kuala Lumpur - 8 hrs $89

Kuala Lumpur Discovery - 8 hrs $72

Kelang Heritage - 4 hrs $59

Half Day Kuala Lumpur Hightlights $55

Note there are dress standards in the book that will apply if visiting the mosque - no shorts or sleeveless tops will be permitted inside the mosqueand women should wear a pair of long pants or a skirt and ensure their shoulders are covered.

LHM

Hi Kerri, we have been going through the tours tonight. I don't really want to do the long days with a 3 yr old so will do the do your own thing tour in Phuket, and would like to do your own thing in Langkawi but I don't know if you can - otherwise we will probably do the Island hop. I am not sure on the Penang, Malacca or Port Kelang ones yet. I would say we will do the shorter tours and be back on the ship mid afternoon. I wouldn't mind staying in Penang for longer but I am not sure if the pier is close to transport or anything and if it easier to just come back when you are ready - does anyone know?

Tell me can you take food off the ship - like snacks as most of these tours do not have refreshments.

LHM

Sounds good! Glad you got your prices! It did seem like from what the back of the shore tour book said that you should be able to pre-book, but I just didn't get the form. I booked directly with P&O, too. Maybe they are getting things together! 3 tours sold out the first evening, though. I wonder if any others pre-booked. Y'all have fun! Wish I was on Western Tropics, too! :D

Archived