Pacific Sky Dinner first night

lainie06

Hi everyone. We are booked on the Pacific Sky 25 March 06 and have been reading everyone's comments with great interest. As we haven't been on a cruise since 76, we are "newbies" more or less, and would be grateful for any advice. We are booked in for the first dinner sitting (6 pm?) but as our flight from Perth doesn't reach Singapore until approx 4.30 pm, it will be a bit of a rush to make dinner in time. Do you think it would be possible for us to swap to the later sitting just for that first night? How strict are they?

Also on a completely different topic, is it worthwhile taking a hairdryer and/or powerboard. Also how do you find out definitely what theme nights there are beforehand? PS Anyone else out there going on the same dates? Fingers crossed she doesn't break down again! :)

Welcome lainie. We're going on the same date as well. It won't hurt to ask for the 2nd sitting when you get on the ship. Just go to the resturant and ask the Maitre de.

Don't take the hairdryer but definately take the powerboard. There's only 1 power point in the room so if you want to charge a few things the powerboard will make it a lot easier.

Are you staying in Sing after the cruise?

Kerri

what time do you sail lainie?

It seems like you will be very pushed for time.

If the plane is on time and does land at 4.30pm you probably wont even be at the ship by 6pm after going through customs etc, and then you have to get to ship. or am i missing something.

Welcome lainie. We're going on the same date as well. It won't hurt to ask for the 2nd sitting when you get on the ship. Just go to the resturant and ask the Maitre de.

Don't take the hairdryer but definately take the powerboard. There's only 1 power point in the room so if you want to charge a few things the powerboard will make it a lot easier.

Are you staying in Sing after the cruise?

Kerri

Thanks, Kerri, for the info. Yes, we are staying on in Sing for a couple of days. We are only doing Eastern sunsets, though, not btb like you.

what time do you sail lainie?

It seems like you will be very pushed for time.

If the plane is on time and does land at 4.30pm you probably wont even be at the ship by 6pm after going through customs etc, and then you have to get to ship. or am i missing something.

Kasey - thanks for quick reply. As far as I know, the ship departs at either 10 or 11 pm, so no problem there. But........we dont know how long it will take getting through Singapore Customs, then there's the trek from the airport to the dock, then checking ourselves on board (or embarking or whatever its called). I just can't see us making it by 6.

Lainie

hopefully you will be full from eating on the plane. I dont think you will make it by 6pm so i wouldnt rush. maybe grab something at singapore airport or a pizza on board. It is only one meal and maybe they will have some arrangements fror people flying in. Especially if you are doing a fly/cruise thing.

I didnt realise you sailed so late , thats why i got worried about timing

I am envious of you and your cruise.

have fun

on the hairdryer, it was worth it to take for me cause my hair takes forever to dry and the little one on the ship never would have managed the job! :D So, guess it depends on your hair length! Have fun! I was on Feb 25 Eastern Sunsets and it was lovely!

on the hairdryer, it was worth it to take for me cause my hair takes forever to dry and the little one on the ship never would have managed the job! :D So, guess it depends on your hair length! Have fun! I was on Feb 25 Eastern Sunsets and it was lovely!

Hi Sarah :)

Thanks for your reply re the hairdryer - mine is quite short so probably won't bother. I have read many of your postings - they have been very informative and I'm sure they have helped a lot of fellow travellers.

Lainie :) :) :)

Singapore customs is a breeze. We were amazed. They just check your passport and then you are through. Nothing is checked. It took us all of 5 minutes from the time we collected our luggage to when we were out of the terminal looking for a taxi. The signs say it all as you go through the doors "If you are found with drugs, the penalty is death". The trip from the Airport to the dock should only take about 40 minutes. Its 20 minutes to the city from the airport and the passenger terminal isn't that much further on - it takes 15 minutes by train. First night I would probably just go to the buffet for dinner if you are running late. Mummsie

Archived