how is the wifi on the Sunshine

MooNGaTe27

how is the wifi on the ship.Most in party are thinking of the Social package so they can check facebook & Messenger.They just want to keep in touch with home & to be able to use Messenger to stay in touch with each other on the ship

Been on the Sunshine twice and believe me it's nothing to brag about. Last Christmas I bought the most expensive package and it was no better than the middle priced one. They always use the "well it's Christmas" excuse but that doesn't do it in February!:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I will be on the Sunshine on Dec 1st. On previous Sunshine cruises the internet has not been very good. I sent John Heald a message this afternoon and asked if Sunshine is getting the upgraded internet during her drydock in October, like the Horizon has. He messaged back and said yes her internet will be upgraded to the new internet.

Our family all used the Hub ($5 per person for the whole week) to have access to messenger/text. It also had “what’s happening”, hours for venues, and more. That was very helpful and a good value. You do need to be signed on to the app to receive messages. We also purchased the Social plan for one of us. It was too slow to access Facebook and Twitter so Wen didn’t relaly use it. We also purchased the Value plan for the other person in the cabin (to access email). It was not satisfactory so we upgraded to the Premium plan. It wasn’t much better—we couldn’t even check in with the airline the night before our flight. We complained and were refunded for the Premium plan.

Horrible. Absolutely horrible. We were on the Sunshine last week and we paid for the “premium” package (two packages actually). My husband needed to be able to check email and send emails for work. My daughter and her friend had to submit some assignments for college. The internet was useless unless it was 4:00 -7:00 in the morning. Even at those times it was slow. It was very frustrating. They did refund us for both packages, as they should have.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums