Which Florida port is favorite

I may be in the minority but we liked Port Canaveral over Lauderdale. Main reason is that it’s easier and cheaper to fly into Orlando for us. Then, if we fly in a day before it is again easier and cheaper to find a hotel in Orlando than Lauderdale.

Haven’t sailed out of Miami or Tampa so I can’t comment on those.

FLL -love cruising from there. Great off site parking at ParknGo. Easy access in/out of port. Would cruise out of FLL all the time if we could.

I love cruising out of San Juan just for the beauty, but for Florida ports will take FLL over any of the rest

Miami is gorgeous to cruise out of, but there is no off site parking that is worth anything, and trust me, we have tried them all. So you end up paying the $22 a day to park at the port. In FLL we park at ParknGo for $8.99 a day. Shuttle is super fast. When we get back from the cruise and get of the ship like 7:30 am, the shuttles are there waiting for you. Just a great place to park.

So FLL gets my vote just for the parking!

Port Canaveral. Uncrowded, reasonable hotel costs, nice places to eat, drinks at John's, very little traffic congestion, best Royal cruise terminal.

For the Oasis Class ships, I think FLL beats PC any day of the week. The terminal is gorgeous and so well organized. I like PC, don't get me wrong, but FLL is way better for the Oasis Class ships than PC is.

We like Cape Canaveral because it is so easy and do it yourself with parking in the same structure as the terminal. But we also like Tampa for the valet parking - fenced in and guarded. Don’t have to run across the street to the parking garage with luggage especially if it is raining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the Oasis Class ships, I think FLL beats PC any day of the week. The terminal is gorgeous and so well organized. I like PC, don't get me wrong, but FLL is way better for the Oasis Class ships than PC is.

I feel just the opposite, Terminal 1 in PC is the best terminal I've seen for RC ships.

My favorite is Port Canaveral since it’s only 20 min from our vacation home.:D Miami is the prettiest port to sail out of but traffic and parking is always a headache.

Sherri:)

I like Port Everglades because it is only a few miles away from our condo. However, having to go through the Security Checkpoint to enter the Port can be a real pain traffic wise. When there are a lot of ships in port, the entry roads by the 17th Street Causeway can really get backed up. I like Port of Miami since the Tunnel opened, really makes it easy to get into the Port area. I think Tampa is fantastic, so easy to get in and out and the valet parking is the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can't go wrong with any of them, and each will appeal to different preferences.

Totally agree.

Port Everglades we have found just so easy to get to as the airport is nearby and by doing self assist at the end of he cruise can be off the ship and in the airport within fifteen to twenty minutes brilliant if catching an early flight plus we haven't noticed any significant price difference of hotels between any of the ports.

Port Canaveral. Uncrowded, reasonable hotel costs, nice places to eat, drinks at John's, very little traffic congestion, best Royal cruise terminal.
Love all, Serve all.

PC is really nice. Plus they have NASA.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I feel just the opposite, Terminal 1 in PC is the best terminal I've seen for RC ships.
They seem to be building a new one over by Jetty Park. Tearing down T3 now.

Yea, I didn't get the love for PE like I do for T1 in PC.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We're from the Atlanta area, so PC is drivable, and parking is easy.

My favorite is FLL, an easy flight for us and we can take a 7AM flight and be in FLL at 9:30AM. We grab a taxi, go to Publix and buy our 2 bottles of wine, a big bouquet of fresh flowers, and some bottled water. Check in is fast and efficient, and we use

luggage valet to take care of the bags going back to the airport. Easy-peazy!

Barb

While my wife and I like Port Everglades just because it is nearby, Tampa is our favorite partly because of the valet parking and partly because some smaller ships still homeport there. We prefer the smaller ships to the bigger ones. Those smaller ships are no longer available on Royal Caribbean out of Miami and Fort Lauderdale and, when the Mariner replaces the Enchantment at Port Canaveral, they will no longer be available out of Port Canaveral either.

Port Canaveral is our favorite. It never seems crowded and you can always find good hotel prices and there are many great restaurants at reasonable prices. It is also so close to the terminal and good terminal parking.

I prefer Port Everglades, especially when sailing the big girls, since it is a short taxi ride from the airport. Don't like flying into Orlando and then traveling another 46 miles over to Port Canaveral - not fun. I'd say Port of Baltimore since I'm less than two hours away but it only offers Grandeur which I have sailed seven times but am no longer fond of.

Port Canaveral and Tampa are consistently my fastest and easiest boarding experiences. No complaints about Miami though, except it's my longest port drive from Orlando, but it's fine. My one embarkation and disembarkation out of Port Everglades/Ft. Lauderdale was so bad (beginning and end) it would have to be a fantastic itinerary for me to cruise out of there again.