Everything quantum!!!!!!

the only category I know of with a virtual balcony are the regular insides. Since I asked about the virual balconys, I thought only regular insides had them so there were no other categories I might be asking about.

thanks for the breakdown .. but I actually read on another thread here that the solo insides do not have the virtual balcony. Now you have me confused again lol.

If the solo insides do not have a virtual balcony like the regular insides what is a VIEW of a virtual window mean?

The other post says solo insides no virtual balcony, just tvs, and you say a VIEW of a virtual window?? so is this something different, like a view of the ship?

Based on other things I had read in this section I want a regular inside (which is what I have booked) not a solo inside.. now what you wrote makes it sound like no difference, or maybe its the size of the tv? The regular inside has a 72 inch virtual balcony tv mounted on the wall and the solo inside does not. So its smaller tv, but much the same you write?

The regular insides have a full wall screen that acts as a virtual balcony. The solo insides are designed to be combined into the large modular cabins which feature other cabins with real balconies. Those solo inside cabins have a TV like every other cabin but it also features a feed similar to what the virtual balcony shows making it a "window" to the outside. This is how RCCL is able to market that every room has an outside view.

The regular insides have a full wall screen that acts as a virtual balcony. The solo insides are designed to be combined into the large modular cabins which feature other cabins with real balconies. Those solo inside cabins have a TV like every other cabin but it also features a feed similar to what the virtual balcony shows making it a "window" to the outside. This is how RCCL is able to market that every room has an outside view.

OK, I was confused as I asked about the virtual balconys and the reply said there are 4 categorys with them and that the poster didnt know which category I was referring to. I had been under the impression there was only one category with virtual balconys, regular insides.

The way my TA works is all cabins are gtys, he doesnt assign specific cabins within the group until close to the sail date. I have a fake 2nd pax who will be a no show, as I didnt want to take the chance of getting a solo inside on this ship. (he can put me into any inside).

Hopefully all the solo insides get booked up and I dont have to worry about getting one. Saying they are designed to be attached to another cabin makes me want one even less.

I didnt realize there was more than one category with virtual balconys featured. I like to do cabins that are something new and wanted to try out the virtual balconys, just to see how they are.

If you guys look at the Meyer Werft Webcam, you can see that they are beginning to paint the mural on the bow! If you look under the "Norwegian Getaway" logo near the front, you will see the beginning of the painting. This means good things for us, she won't be in there for long once that bow gets completely painted!! :D

Somethings up! Taken from the RCI Instagram. Looks like an announcement coming soon??

2dlnl0j.jpg

2qxavd5.jpg

jg0c2t.jpg

I wonder what the upcoming milestone is?

I hope you're right, but I don't get the connection between the throw-back and photo contest and the Quantum.

Thoughts?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Maybe they're not really building anything. Maybe Quantum is a virtual cruise ship, and you can take virtual vacations on her :-)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Lol, could you imagine?! :p

I will post any new ones here as they post them. I am really eager to find out what this milestone is. There is a 50/50 chance its about Quantum. Maybe they are going to announce a 3rd Quantum class ship being ordered?

Lol, could you imagine?! :p

I will post any new ones here as they post them. I am really eager to find out what this milestone is. There is a 50/50 chance its about Quantum. Maybe they are going to announce a 3rd Quantum class ship being ordered?

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/medien/presseticker/pressemitteilung_detail_10818.jsp

This was announced back in May confirming a 3rd ship has been ordered, unless I am reading it wrong and it is only for an option.

Gregg

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/medien/presseticker/pressemitteilung_detail_10818.jsp

This was announced back in May confirming a 3rd ship has been ordered, unless I am reading it wrong and it is only for an option.

Gregg

Good find, totally forgot about that. Hmm maybe a 4th contract will be signed? Lol its all good, fun speculation until they announce something. I wish they would give us dates, what so hard about that?! :rolleyes:

There is a lot of give and take between Carnival & RCI cruisers (just read some of the threads on these forums). By the end of 2016 each line will have 25 ships (unless Majesty goes bye-bye or something else not announced happens). By then Royal will have more GRT, lower berths and more passenger sea days, if they already don't have those numbers, and will overtake Carnival as the largest cruise line in the world. Let's hope they can keep coming out with innovative ships that it seems the current cruising public wants.

Gregg

There is a lot of give and take between Carnival & RCI cruisers (just read some of the threads on these forums). By the end of 2016 each line will have 25 ships (unless Majesty goes bye-bye or something else not announced happens). By then Royal will have more GRT, lower berths and more passenger sea days, if they already don't have those numbers, and will overtake Carnival as the largest cruise line in the world. Let's hope they can keep coming out with innovative ships that it seems the current cruising public wants.

Gregg

Last time I did the math they were already in the lead on GRT and berths. They do it with fewer ships though. Since all of their new ships are larger than Carnival's this gap will continue to extend even if they don't over take in quantity.

Edit: According to the cruise infographic for the first half of 2013 they are behind on passenger numbers still though because Royal Caribbean does longer cruises (a sign of a high quality clientele). http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/9540-2013-cruise-industry-infographic.html

Last time I did the math they were already in the lead on GRT and berths. They do it with fewer ships though. Since all of their new ships are larger than Carnival's this gap will continue to extend even if they don't over take in quantity.

Edit: According to the cruise infographic for the first half of 2013 they are behind on passenger numbers still though because Royal Caribbean does longer cruises (a sign of a high quality clientele). http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/9540-2013-cruise-industry-infographic.html

Found something strange with that graph. They show RCI with 23 ships. I count 21 after Monarch was transferred. Also, in regards to the passenger numbers, that is why I stated passenger sea days which I feel is a better barometer with regards to customers. (RCI has a 3,000 passenger ship that does 7 day cruises while Carnival has a 2,000 passenger ship that does 3/4 day cycles lets them claim 4,000 passengers sailed per week).

Gregg

I'm gonna guess a 30 year celebration for something. If you look at the Song of Norway post, it says "1983" Being 2013, that's 30 years maybe for something......?

I think there are subtle hints in that advertising. Note how the first picture focuses on the ship and the first Viking Crown Lounge. The next couple of photos continue to show the Viking Crown from different views. The next thing that is shown is the Flowrider that was introduced on the Freedom Class ships.

As we have seen so far, there is no Viking Crown that we can see on the Quantum. We know there are still a lot of More To Come on the ships deck plans. The ads seem to allude to some type of new feature that have been added to the ships.

So my guess is: Maybe they are going to announce how a Viking Crown Lounge is going to be included on the ship.

Remember that is just my guess. I have no specific information on what the real milestone is going to be. :)

I think there are subtle hints in that advertising. Note how the first picture focuses on the ship and the first Viking Crown Lounge. The next couple of photos continue to show the Viking Crown from different views. The next thing that is shown is the Flowrider that was introduced on the Freedom Class ships.

As we have seen so far, there is no Viking Crown that we can see on the Quantum. We know there are still a lot of More To Come on the ships deck plans. The ads seem to allude to some type of new feature that have been added to the ships.

So my guess is: Maybe they are going to announce how a Viking Crown Lounge is going to be included on the ship.

Remember that is just my guess. I have no specific information on what the real milestone is going to be. :)

I would normally be ready to jump on you about how crazy that would be and that these designs are finalized. But looking at those pictures the Viking Crown Lounge is what caught my eye as well. I would ignore the flowrider picture, they tweeted that yesterday but not the other ones so I don't think it's related to this announcement.

I'm not going to say a VCL will be added to Quantum, but maybe some kind of announcement about how Two70 will be utilized as a new take on the VCL.

I would normally be ready to jump on you about how crazy that would be and that these designs are finalized. But looking at those pictures the Viking Crown Lounge is what caught my eye as well. I would ignore the flowrider picture, they tweeted that yesterday but not the other ones so I don't think it's related to this announcement.

I'm not going to say a VCL will be added to Quantum, but maybe some kind of announcement about how Two70 will be utilized as a new take on the VCL.

Your take on the Two70 might be a possibility. :)

I don't think the announcement is based on the anniversary of anything, I think its something brand new to RCCL. If you Google Royal Caribbean milestones, you get the newest milestones being the keel laying & steel cutting on the Quantum ships. So milestones are often referred to something new. I don't think the keel laying or steel cutting are the big announcement because it's not "upcoming", it already happened.

The first clue was the debut of the Norway. The second clue was the Flowrider, which debuted on the Freedom. The third clue spoke about nothing new, but spoke of remembering when there were only 4 ships, but it did focus on the VCL, which also debuted on a RCCL ship. I think we're about to see something new and exciting debut on RCCL... A milestone....a big announcement that requires a celebration.

Question is....what the heck is it?

Ahhh I am just soo excited!!! Here are my thoughts.

Something with the number 4, maybe the fourth Quantum will be signed soon?

Something with the VCL, maybe the artwork wasn't totally revealed and a rotating VCL will be revealed, you remember the options they gave us? I know it turned out to be the bumper cars but maybe they stuck the rotating VCL on there as a future clue thinking we would never think about it again. Seems weird that there are NO windows in that location, VCL or not...

Something TOTALLY new, well it would be new so who knows?! Maybe the aqua park with slides that I really want? :p I know there is limited space but even one large slide is totally possible! Or perhaps it is the simulator...

WE WANT A DATE RCI!!

Edit: Notice how the first two say upcoming milestone and then the newest says announcement. Hmm I hope its not just like announcing passenger count or something!

Edited by swim13

Does anyone have any information on how long the rides on Northstar will be?....I have height issues and claustrophobia, but am taking my elderly father on this cruise, and I know he wants me to join him dearly. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance :)

Ahhh I am just soo excited!!! Here are my thoughts.

Something with the number 4

Something with the number four? Well, the FAQs talk about making many announcements "later this year" or at a "later date", but the Broadway Show says the announcement will be coming soon. Won't that be the fourth Broadway Show for RCCL? Perhaps we're about to hear what the 4th Broadway at Sea will be?

Sorry to disappoint....

That announcement has nothing to do with Quantum :(

I noticed that all the pics had the twitter hash tag #royalwow, so I went to Twitter to do a little research. The first thing I found was from the rccl uk twitter page, they had 2 tweets with that hash tag, the first said that since 1970 Royal has sailed to 97 countries and wanted people to tweet how many they've been to. The second said that Royal was celebrating an extra special milestone and wanted people to tweet their vintage cruise photos. Another google search revealed the following found on an official Royal Caribbean website from another country.... don't know which one because it wasn't in english and it had to be translated, but here is the official translation:

This summer we were able to welcome you to our guest number 50 million. We would like to thank everyone who made it possible for us to reach this milestone, and especially all our guests from around the world who have trusted us with their precious vacation weeks.

50 million visitors have been exploring the world together with us for Royal Caribbean. Share the WOW moments you experienced at our ships by posting photos, videos or memorable stories on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag # RoyalWOW. Throughout the year we will gather experiences from our guests from all over the world and show they appear on our global websites, royalcaribbean.com / connect.

A lot has happened over the past 45 years and central to the development are our guests who have been critical that we have come to where we are today. We want to take you on a look back at our history, seen through the eyes of our guests, and we look forward to even more magical moments in the future. Take part in the wonderful cruise experiences from around the world royalcaribbean.com / connect ... and share your. # RoyalWOW

Edited to add: the website was the Norway RCCL site

Edited by Kenlorz