Premier service?

Thinking of booking into a Junior Suite on Explorer 2 next year. Can anyone elaborate on what the "Premier Service" involves?

According to the web site

Family Junior Suite Cabin with Balcony and Premier Service The Family Junior Suite sits on deck 8 and sleeps up to 6. It’s got one bedroom with twin beds, and a living area with a double sofa-bed and twin beds that convert to a queen-size double bed if needed, as well as an en suite with a WC and a shower. A private balcony with double doors comes as standard. The cabin measures around 39 m².

PREMIER SERVICE INCLUDED

This cabin comes with Premier Service extras included:

• Express check-in, subject to availability
  • Free pressing service - up to 3 items per person in the first 24 hours onboard
  • Free continental breakfast in bed - 1 per person, per week

I have not been on Explorer but on another ship, in my experience, not much!

You get priority check in (good luck with that)

Priority luggage delivery

An in cabin continental breakfast

Complimentary clothes pressing first day (limited)

We embarked at Malaga and there was no separate priority queue so when we asked about the “priority boarding” we were told to just go to the front of the que. The dirty looks we got from the rest of the que were not worth getting on 10minutes earlier.

Didn’t notice that the luggage was particularly quick in coming either.

I have suggested to Marella, that with this very basic "Premier Service", why not include the premium drinks package into the cabin perks. It's only £50a person a week and seeing the prices of these cabins that have the "Premier Service", this cost could easily be included and make the cabins seem a bit more special other than their size and location.

Discovery 2 has the only Suite Concierge Lounge in the fleet which is another perk for Suite Guests with "Premier Service".

Thinking of booking into a Junior Suite on Explorer 2 next year. Can anyone elaborate on what the "Premier Service" involves?

We have used it several times now both in Caribbean and Med (on Discovery) and found it very good especially check in but that looks like we may have been lucky, other than what has been said you do receive branded toiletries, bath robe and your own coffee machine similar to the Nespresso machine which we found very useful, and Mrs PC had lots of samples from the Spar.

I have suggested to Marella, that with this very basic "Premier Service", why not include the premium drinks package into the cabin perks. It's only £50a person a week and seeing the prices of these cabins that have the "Premier Service", this cost could easily be included and make the cabins seem a bit more special other than their size and location.

Discovery 2 has the only Suite Concierge Lounge in the fleet which is another perk for Suite Guests with "Premier Service".

That’s a good idea and it would make it feel like the Premier Service was actually worth something. At the moment it all feels a bit flat.

The premium drinks included wouldn't work as on the older ships at the moment people can be in the cabins with premier service without having bought a drinks package, all the ships going AI as standard doesn't start til next summer, also the premium drinks package is £70 pp per week on the spirit

The premium drinks included wouldn't work as on the older ships at the moment people can be in the cabins with premier service without having bought a drinks package, all the ships going AI as standard doesn't start til next summer

And that is when they should be changing the Premier Service package. Things don't change overnight. They take time and planning. And advertising the change.

• 1 month later...

I have also noticed that the suite guests no longer have the free internet, which was available to them in the concierge lounge, for that matter there is no concierge lounge!

This was the one big plus in my opinion in having a suite, the other benefits are laughable.

Mklions.

The premium drinks included wouldn't work as on the older ships at the moment people can be in the cabins with premier service without having bought a drinks package, all the ships going AI as standard doesn't start til next summer, also the premium drinks package is £70 pp per week on the spirit

It was £50 pp pw when we were on spirit this year

That’s a good idea and it would make it feel like the Premier Service was actually worth something. At the moment it all feels a bit flat.
Suite concierge lounge is just a cabin size area woth complimentary tea coffee and cookies hardly a perk. Ps beware even if you upgrade your drinks package fresh orange juice and bottled water are still chargable ok yes you get 1.5 lts pp per day in your cabin but its not included outside .another strange thing is the cakes in the coffee lounge are chargeable

Sent from my SM-G965F using Forums mobile app

The premium suites used to come with access to the concierge lounge which in turn allowed free internet use whilst in the lounge.

Now that the concierge lounges are no more,( after being replaced with more cabins ) then surly wouldn't it be right to give free internet use to those booked in the premium cabins?

Why take away the perk of free internet?

We are sailing on the Discovery in January 2019 ( Far East) and previously have used the lounge on two occasions being whilst in a executive suiteI

I assumed that the concierge suite was still in place when I booked my suite for my upcoming holiday only to be told now that it no longer exists.

mklions