Arcdia christmas cruise 2018

Tinkamunch

If you do a search you will find loads of threads with info - bad and good - regarding Christmas cruises. Rather than start yet another thread repeating information spend a few minutes searching what is already available .

You'll love it - we always go away for Xmas [emoji319]

They'll be lots of decorations. Carol service, and a midnight mass that many of the staff sing at.

A Xmas gift from P&O.

Mince pies and cake.

Wonderful Xmas dinner with hats crackers etc.

The crew wear Santa hats.

People decorate their cabin doors. We usually bring battery/solar outdoor fair lights for the balcony too.

On family ships there is a pantomime by the kids and Santa usually is seen on the funnel - doubt this will happen on an adult only cruise though [emoji23]

Hope this helps a bit - have a fabulous time [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Forums mobile app

All the usual Christmas Cheer as Gymbod describes above.

The decorations on board are usually really well done.

The smell of mulled wine and boozy hot chocolate, they do special Christmas cocktails etc as well.

On the run up to Christmas there are special,events like cracker making, cake decorating demos and depending on the ship a gingerbread villlage.

Some also have an artificial snow machine which they fire out from the top of the atrium.

Some ports also put on something Christmassy but that depends on where you are sailing.

It’s a lovely atmosphere, you will enjoy.

Here's a couple of threads from last year:

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2571208

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2582860

I'm not trying to put you off with the latter thread, just trying to give a balanced view of what passengers have experienced in the past and how it actually turned out for those who asked beforehand.

In any case every cruise can be totally different depending on the passengers, crew, whether you get into every port etc.

I hope you have a lovely time.

Best wishes

Damian

We did the Christmas cruise on Aurora a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it for something different. I wouldn't want to do it every year but will definitely do it again.

A lot of people complain that P&O don't make it Christmassy enough, they do the best they can but for most of the staff its another working day - it's what you make it. I personally thought Christmas Eve was really special. We had a lovely meal in the main dining room with a special Christmas Eve menu, there was a show that was really fun and festive - it was all just really exciting.

We took a small artificial tree and battery lights to decorate the cabin and a wreath for the cabin door which a lot of people did. We took a bottle of bubbly to have on the day and took some cards and presents to open. Don't expect to be entertained with party games all day but it is festive and we had a lovely time.