P&O Cruises No Longer Credited to Princess Captains Circle Recognition - Really?

Have I had a senior moment and missed this change to the Princess Captains Circle / P&O agreement:

"As our brands continue to grow and evolve, so must our loyalty programs. With this in mind Princess Cruises has ended the P&O Cruises' sailings recognition effective from Tuesday 12 December 2017."

Even P&O confirmed to me last week that P&O cruises could still be credited to your Princess Captains Circle account. Understanding that the benefit has never worked the other way round but according to the above email received today from Princess, this is no longer the case - am I the only one who is behind the times?

Have I had a senior moment and missed this change to the Princess Captains Circle / P&O agreement:

"As our brands continue to grow and evolve, so must our loyalty programs. With this in mind Princess Cruises has ended the P&O Cruises' sailings recognition effective from Tuesday 12 December 2017."

Even P&O confirmed to me last week that P&O cruises could still be credited to your Princess Captains Circle account. Understanding that the benefit has never worked the other way round but according to the above email received today from Princess, this is no longer the case - am I the only one who is behind the times?

Yes,

But probably no.

You had to have the cruises booked by that date in Dec 17.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was widely reported and discussed on this forum, other forums and Princess/P&O Facebook page at the time change was made and as seems normal these days P&O Customer Services told you wrong and dont seem to have a clue about anything.

Was widely reported and discussed on this forum, other forums and Princess/P&O Facebook page at the time change was made and as seems normal these days P&O Customer Services told you wrong and dont seem to have a clue about anything.

Was indeed yet another senior moment on my behalf it would appear then - having way too many these days! Nonetheless, really concerning that P&O sales staff are still insisting that the old system remains!

:eek:

Edited by johnsuttoncoldfield
Not complete

I think what P&O staff are trying to say is that old P&O cruises completed prior to 17 December 2017 still count towards your Princess Captain's Circle loyalty programme IF you have completed a bona fide Princess Cruises cruise prior to the same date. So under these circumstances they count but the same old cruises do not count if you have never completed the Princess cruise.

Regards John

I think what P&O staff are trying to say is that old P&O cruises completed prior to 17 December 2017 still count towards your Princess Captain's Circle loyalty programme IF you have completed a bona fide Princess Cruises cruise prior to the same date. So under these circumstances they count but the same old cruises do not count if you have never completed the Princess cruise.

Regards John

Thanks John - I actually booked my first P&O cruise in 50 years just last week (last one was on the original Canberra) and specifically asked the sales consultant about applying this cruise to my Princess account and she confimed this was exactly how it still worked! I already have 14 completed Princess cruises and have another booked for next June and luckily did not book this one to simply add to my cruise portfolio. I understood that my Cunard cruises could not be applied but obviously must have missed this change of policy regarding P&O.

Anyway, I am looking forward to comparing the P&O product to that of Princess, maybe others who have cruised on Ventura will have an opinion?

Also,P&O cruise days do not count towards the Most Travelled Passenger recognition program . We went to see in curiosity to the membership rep on the last cruise and she said we would have made the top forty (the cut off figure) but our P&O days did not count anymore which basically wiped out half of our cruise days , Even though we have contributed to the carnival coffers , but we are still Elite and still made it through Princess days the long way round and not on short cruises is 1 night of mini cruises ...

So A lot of P&O are way back down the list and so might as well stay with P&O ...

If that's what you like 👍

Also,P&O cruise days do not count towards the Most Travelled Passenger recognition program . We went to see in curiosity to the membership rep on the last cruise and she said we would have made the top forty (the cut off figure) but our P&O days did not count anymore which basically wiped out half of our cruise days , Even though we have contributed to the carnival coffers , but we are still Elite and still made it through Princess days the long way round and not on short cruises is 1 night of mini cruises ...

So A lot of P&O are way back down the list and so might as well stay with P&O ...

If that's what you like 👍

That is after many complaints by US cruisers who have cruised consistently and only with Princess but never get invited to MTP because of UK cruisers being invited when they have hardly cruised with Princess but used their P&O loyalty. It is something I agree with because we were once invited to MTP and had very nice buffet, free drinks and chat with the Captain who then made a speech about us being Princesses most loyal passengers and to be honest I felt a bit of a fraud and couldnt wait to get out.

That is after many complaints by US cruisers who have cruised consistently and only with Princess but never get invited to MTP because of UK cruisers being invited when they have hardly cruised with Princess but used their P&O loyalty. It is something I agree with because we were once invited to MTP and had very nice buffet, free drinks and chat with the Captain who then made a speech about us being Princesses most loyal passengers and to be honest I felt a bit of a fraud and couldnt wait to get out.

I remember someone posting that the most cruised passenger on one of their sailings, had only cruised P&O prior...and they felt a little out of place as well.

Thanks John - I actually booked my first P&O cruise in 50 years just last week (last one was on the original Canberra) and specifically asked the sales consultant about applying this cruise to my Princess account and she confimed this was exactly how it still worked! I already have 14 completed Princess cruises and have another booked for next June and luckily did not book this one to simply add to my cruise portfolio. I understood that my Cunard cruises could not be applied but obviously must have missed this change of policy regarding P&O.

Anyway, I am looking forward to comparing the P&O product to that of Princess, maybe others who have cruised on Ventura will have an opinion?

There are a number of other cruise lies which have historically counted towards Princess loyalty; Ocean Village, Sitmar and Canadian Pacific are a few I believe you can have added.

Regards John

There are a number of other cruise lies which have historically counted towards Princess loyalty; Ocean Village, Sitmar and Canadian Pacific are a few I believe you can have added.

Regards John

Ocean Village, Sitmar were owned by P&O as well as Princess, not sure about Canadian Pacific, that is why there loyalty was applied to Princess. You used to be able to use Princess past loyalty in P&Os loyalty programme but was stopped a few years ago.

On our first Princess cruise, we found out we were Platinum due to previous Sitmar cruises and other previous cruise on other lines that were bought out by P&O (never cruised on P&O).

All the credits were transferred by P&O when Princess was bought out by Carnival.