Bus or train to Bayonne port from Boston

may1021

Anyone with any experience doing this, would appreciate your comments or suggestions. THX.

What exact date would you be doing this?

The problem with sailing from Bayonne is that if you miss the ship, the first port is usually at least 2 days away, so you have to seriously consider coming down the previous day, which adds a hotel expense to your trip.

I used to take the same day cruise bus when it was offered, but since it was discontinued I have either driven or taken the train the day before and stayed in Newark, at Newark Airport, or in New York. From downtown Newark or midtown New York it is very easy to take the accessible PATH and light rail to Bayonne with a local taxi ride.

Do u take the train into NYC? Would be going in August/5 day cruise to Bermuda. Think I would opt for 6 am train if I do this. It was so much easier when they had the same day cruise bus. Getting there might be a deal breaker though.

Do u take the train into NYC? Would be going in August/5 day cruise to Bermuda. Think I would opt for 6 am train if I do this. It was so much easier when they had the same day cruise bus. Getting there might be a deal breaker though.

The 6:30 train would get you to Newark Penn Station at 11:21 on a Sat. Uber to the port should get you there by noon. PATH, light rail, and Uber/local cab should get you there by 1 pm.

You MUST go to Newark Penn Station, not New York Penn Station or Newark Airport Station. PATH service 33rd St to Hoboken is disrupted on summer weekends, so getting off at NY Penn is not a good option and Newark Airport has no vehicle access.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Carol, I see lots of advice on Cape Liberty transport options from you, so hoping you can help us too?

We are holidaying our way across North America, and this is our first visit to New York. We are coming up from Atlantic City on the morning of our cruise departure - Thursday 18Oct. There are several Greyhound which gets us into the Port Authority Bus Terminal from about 9.30am. I understand there is a NJ Transit bus that'll get us close to the Cape Liberty Bayonne terminal.

We travel fairly lightly, but will each have a suitcase (rolling) and backpack. Do you know if we can take luggage on the NJ Transit bus or Path? Or should we Uber from the Port Authority Bus Terminal?

Thanks 😀

Hi Carol, I see lots of advice on Cape Liberty transport options from you, so hoping you can help us too?

We are holidaying our way across North America, and this is our first visit to New York. We are coming up from Atlantic City on the morning of our cruise departure - Thursday 18Oct. There are several Greyhound which gets us into the Port Authority Bus Terminal from about 9.30am. I understand there is a NJ Transit bus that'll get us close to the Cape Liberty Bayonne terminal.

We travel fairly lightly, but will each have a suitcase (rolling) and backpack. Do you know if we can take luggage on the NJ Transit bus or Path? Or should we Uber from the Port Authority Bus Terminal?

Thanks 😀

Bus 119 goes to Bayonne from Port Authority. http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0119.pdf.

I think you can take luggage on it, but if that's a problem, take an Uber to 32nd and 6th for PATH. The elevator access is on the west side of 6th Ave between 32nd and 33rd.

Take PATH to Hoboken and the light rail to 34th St Bayonne.

Whether you arrive by bus or light rail, you will have to call Uber to get a ride into the port.

Perhaps someone can tell you the best location to get off the bus on JFK Blvd in Bayonne. We don't get any posts about taking the bus to Bayonne.

Bus 119 goes to Bayonne from Port Authority. http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0119.pdf.

I think you can take luggage on it, but if that's a problem, take an Uber to 32nd and 6th for PATH. The elevator access is on the west side of 6th Ave between 32nd and 33rd.

Take PATH to Hoboken and the light rail to 34th St Bayonne.

Whether you arrive by bus or light rail, you will have to call Uber to get a ride into the port.

Perhaps someone can tell you the best location to get off the bus on JFK Blvd in Bayonne. We don't get any posts about taking the bus to Bayonne.

Thanks Carol, following a little more research, looks like we can come through Philadelphia on Amtrak straight to Newark Penn Station and then we'll Uber from there. :)

😀

Thanks Carol, following a little more research, looks like we can come through Philadelphia on Amtrak straight to Newark Penn Station and then we'll Uber from there. :)

😀

You should leave Atlantic City as early as possible. NJ Transit to Philadelphia and Amtrak to Newark Penn Station (NOT Newark Airport Station) should work, but you need to leave early enough to absorb any delays.

Let's see what others have to say.